Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 12:35:24 PM EDT
I just got back from a week in Hawaii. While I was their I noticed some guyts walking around in weird sailor white outfits. Upon a closer look I saw a patch on their arm that said Mexico. I didnt realize Mexico had much of a Navy, let alone one that actually went out to different ports.

I also saw a member of the Australian Air Force in line at McDonalds. I wanted to ask him where his combat boomerange was but my wife wouldn't let me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#1]
They don't call them we............aw nevermind.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a joke here but I just can bring myself to type it.....

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just got back from a week in Hawaii. While I was their I noticed some guyts walking around in weird sailor white outfits. Upon a closer look I saw a patch on their arm that said Mexico. I didnt realize Mexico had much of a Navy, let alone one that actually went out to different ports.

I also saw a member of the Australian Air Force in line at McDonalds. I wanted to ask him where his combat boomerange was but my wife wouldn't let me.

I've seen them in Cozumel wearing blue BDUs, berets, and carrying M-16A1s.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
They have a better navy than Canada. Their boat has a Bimini top.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Does it have something to do with glass-bottomed boats?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They have a better navy than Canada. Their boat has a Bimini top.

media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album137/abh.sized.jpg

Too bad EJERCITO = ARMY
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

No, that's the Polish Navy
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#9]
A think a couple of ARCOMmers out in a boat with some guns, ammo, and a couple cases of beer could take on the whole Mexican navy and win in time to pull into port and grab some dinner.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Every country with a coast has sail training ships.  They visited Pearl harbor all the time when I was in.  Got a 3" stack of pics of these things, the Mexican one included.

HA!  When I took pics of the Mexican one in maybe 1987, they flew the 48 star US flag while alongside in port.

Pretty cool to see them under sail navigating the channel to the harbor.  Maybe 100 yards wide?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Poland has the F-18, it is the Italian Navy in that joke with the glass bottomed boats
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
A think a couple of ARCOMmers out in a boat with some guns, ammo, and a couple cases of beer could take on the whole Mexican navy and win in time to pull into port and grab some dinner.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

that would end up in a tragic boating accident where the arfcommers would lose their 38s and 10/22s
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgatr15

Hey, as a Polak, I have to say, the screen doors on the submarine keep the fricken fish out, ok?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Ive seen Argentina Navy walking around downtown San Francisco once, also Taiwanese Navy wearing dress whites, Ive never seen Mexican military in Ca.

I also saw Philippines, Malaysian Air Force pilots on Shepperd AFB, TX for flight training
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought Poland had the helicopters with ejection seats
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:14:18 PM EDT
[#17]
DUDE, thats a not the Mexican Navy....It's an old photo from the MOD's cruise last year. You missed the invite I see.

Mod-Cruise 2004
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yep.

Screen doors on the subs too.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ive never seen Mexican military in Ca.

Well, trust me, their ground troops are there fo sho.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You do realize there are helicopters with ejection seats, right?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:54:43 AM EDT
[#21]
The Mexican Navy Midshipman's training vessel was in Hawaii last week.  Tied up next to the training ship from the California Maritime Academy.  (One of my son's girlfriend from HS is attending the CMA.)
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do realize there are helicopters with ejection seats, right?

Kamov Ka-50
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#23]
A quick check shows that Mexico has 9 frigates, 31 corvettes, a couple of training ships, a single landing ship and a bunch of patrol boats.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#24]
We had several officer exchanges between the US Coast Guard and Mexican Navy.

Reports I heard from the officers cite very poor maintenance upon the hulls, most of which are old hand me downs from the US Navy and Coast Guard.  My DCA told me once he was taking a leak in their officer's head and he could see outside light right through all the rust alongside the deck adjacent to the outside.  His urine went right overboard as the head was inoperative (vaccum flush toilets).  Rats were scurrying in the galley stores and the engine rooms were in bad need of adequate illumination.  No running water in the showers and everyone was wrank!!!  

That said, we also had several Mexican Naval Officers onboard and one could catch them in awe just roaming around our cutter....  I was on watch in B-1-E when a couple came by, and for four hours they made my watch go by fast asking a bunch of questions.   The analogy I can give is "a deer in the headlights!"

Panama is the same thing.  We destroyed their "Navy" in Operation Just Cause in 1990.  Went down in attempt to rebuild what we left behind and the only thing impressive was some English(?) patrol boats that were about 30-40 meters long and were triple powered.  The decks had rounded edge to let accumulated water flow off, much alike the Canadians, Aussies, and Kiwis.   The Panamanian mechanic was so adement to show me that this three diesels would start, he had to move around two huge 8N series batteries in an engine room that literally had one light bulb (probably a 25 Watt) for illumination to start the diesels off.  I was working with the US Consulate and recommended they get a new Navy.  Our Spec Ops tore them up... including throwing a few rounds into Noreiga's private yacht.  They were patching that one up when I was there.

Chile also has hand me downs.... All old stuff.  Never knew someone could get much use out of an USS oiler or a yard tug.  Ever see a yard tug with two three-inch guns.  Pretty comical until the guards with their M16 and G3's see you laughing so hard....

We do have it good and don't mind paying the taxes to keep our military members well equipped and well paid!
-P
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:54:34 AM EDT
[#25]
those guys you are seeing are the mexican navys equivalant to our SEAL.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:06:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We had several officer exchanges between the US Coast Guard and Mexican Navy.

Reports I heard from the officers cite very poor maintenance upon the hulls, most of which are old hand me downs from the US Navy and Coast Guard.  My DCA told me once he was taking a leak in their officer's head and he could see outside light right through all the rust alongside the deck adjacent to the outside.  His urine went right overboard as the head was inoperative (vaccum flush toilets).  Rats were scurrying in the galley stores and the engine rooms were in bad need of adequate illumination.  No running water in the showers and everyone was wrank!!!  

That said, we also had several Mexican Naval Officers onboard and one could catch them in awe just roaming around our cutter....  I was on watch in B-1-E when a couple came by, and for four hours they made my watch go by fast asking a bunch of questions.   The analogy I can give is "a deer in the headlights!"

Panama is the same thing.  We destroyed their "Navy" in Operation Just Cause in 1990.  Went down in attempt to rebuild what we left behind and the only thing impressive was some English(?) patrol boats that were about 30-40 meters long and were triple powered.  The decks had rounded edge to let accumulated water flow off, much alike the Canadians, Aussies, and Kiwis.   The Panamanian mechanic was so adement to show me that this three diesels would start, he had to move around two huge 8N series batteries in an engine room that literally had one light bulb (probably a 25 Watt) for illumination to start the diesels off.  I was working with the US Consulate and recommended they get a new Navy.  Our Spec Ops tore them up... including throwing a few rounds into Noreiga's private yacht.  They were patching that one up when I was there.

Chile also has hand me downs.... All old stuff.  Never knew someone could get much use out of an USS oiler or a yard tug.  Ever see a yard tug with two three-inch guns.  Pretty comical until the guards with their M16 and G3's see you laughing so hard....

We do have it good and don't mind paying the taxes to keep our military members well equipped and well paid!
-P

Excellent read.
I got to tour, part of, the Mexican midshipman training ship. A lovely sailing vessel. When I toured it it was in great shape. Probably they dump money into it because it is their representative abroad.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:36:13 AM EDT
[#28]

VS.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#29]
which countries are the main threats or possibly adversaries of the Mexican military? when was the last time Mexico was at war?

are they allies with other south american countries?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm guessing that Mexico's biggest naval security threat is well-armed drug runners. Anti-government rebels are also a concern.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm guessing that Mexico's biggest naval security threat is well-armed drug runners. Anti-government rebels are also a concern.

yah but the rebels are mostly on land so that is what their army and jeeps are for :P
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top