Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 12:23:17 PM EDT
do you shoot with your glasses or contact lenses?  I need to shoot with my glasses since I can't get that crystal clear picture that my glasses offer.  

Do you have this problem or do I just have a lousy set of contacts?

vmax84
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have awful vision.   Doesn't bother me to shoot with my glasses on at all.

I do recommend a hat though :)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
do you shoot with your glasses or contact lenses?  I need to shoot with my glasses since I can't get that crystal clear picture that my glasses offer.  

vmax84

Sounds like lousy contacts. I actually see better with contacts than with glasses (no frames in the way)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot with glasses. doesn't seem to help or hurt with or without them.  Of course I do have an additional problem with nystagmus, so I might not be able to tell the difference because everything is already blurry from that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

vmax84

Sounds like lousy contacts. I actually see better with contacts than with glasses (no frames in the way)

+1 on both counts....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I switched to contacts for shooting since my glasses are pretty small framed and I end up looking over the top of them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Glasses
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#7]
contacts here
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I shoot with glasses & contacts.  It really just depends on how my eyes feel when I got up that morning.

If last night was an all night bender I'll likely not put in my contacts and just shoot with my glasses on.  Added benefit of not having to wear safety glasses.  Unforunately they pretty much keep me from wearing sunglasses.

ETA: I wear Acuview 2, 2 week dispodables.  They've worked well for me since around the time they released them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have awful vision.   Doesn't bother me to shoot with my glasses on at all.

I do recommend a hat though :)

hat is a must if usign normal eye glasses, best bet though if you can afford is go find a eye wear place that makes safety glasses with perscription.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Reason I bring this up is because a couple weeks ago I took my AR out to the range and was dang near driving nails with it.  Had my glasses on.

Went out a little while ago today with my contacts and I couldn't get the "site picture" to clear up.  Was always a little blurry.  Needless to say, I thought I had grabbed one of the AK's rather than the AR.

I do have an astigmation (or whatever you call it), so contacts are hard to fit on me.

But, it's hard to beat "the cool" look, out at the range, evil rifle, sunglasses...........  But if I want any chance of hitting anything, gotta put the glasses back on.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If I take off my glasses I can't see the gun, let alone the target. My entire world is one giant blur of color.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If I take off my glasses I can't see the gun, let alone the target. My entire world is one giant blur of color.

Same here.  Legally blind without em'.    

vmax84
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:40:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Contacts.     Put a new pair in, wear for a month, toss them out.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Check around and see if you can get safety glasses in your prescription.

A friend/dive buddy of mine has a Coke-bottle type prescription and he has Ray-Ban sunglasses and a dive mask (can't remember the name) that are his prescription.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top