Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 8:48:50 AM EDT
US Marine stationed at Camp Lejuene, NC. I'm coming close(28 day) to my EAS. I'm in a "critical" job and I hate it.  The wont let me out of it. I've been with the Infantry my whole time. Love it theres no other place for me. My current plan is to work for one of the Private security companies.
I miss comabt like hell, been thinking about Rangers. Can any one give me a little more info as far as how they operate and deploy. Deployings not a problem i want get back in the fight ASAP.

thanks
Soren
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you get out and join up with an SMCR unit that's scheduled to go over?

or...

Volunteer to be a "combat replacement".
What state are you from, or planning on heading to upon EAS?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd really like to go with an active duty unit, not saying that reserves are up to par. I would just feel more comfortable, ya know.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd really like to go with an active duty unit, not saying that reserves are up to par. I would just feel more comfortable, ya know.

Well, stay in then.
Re-enlist.

What's your MOS, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure how bat-boys are on re-treads.
Marines and Army are a different culture, if you dig marines, army might be a bit of an adjustment.
Just go active and beg for a MEU or something fleet.
We need warriors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top