Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 8:28:34 AM EDT
does anyone make AR15/M4 folding stocks? anyone here have one?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to get that buffer tube to fold, I bet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

nah, it's not too hard.....but the rifle won't operate for shit afterwards....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

My AR has a rubber buffer tube.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya, I guess with enough force, you can get the tube to fold. Once.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never seen one (it would be worthless because it would have to fold behind the buffer tube somehow). What's wrong with a collapsible stock, out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
A bolt action ar, now that will catch on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:40:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I think OLY made one for their OA93 uppers...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:47:51 AM EDT
[#8]
ZM Weapons has a folding stock on their ARs, but the rifle is supposed to be heavy as hell.

www.zmweapons.com/lr-300srf.htm
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Do ZM Weapons count? Don't ask me how the hell they work. I don't have a clue. I'd love to hear someone explain how the bolt/carrier cycles a new round without having the receiver extention tube to go into.

Quoted:
ZM Weapons has a folding stock on their ARs, but the rifle is supposed to be heavy as hell.

www.zmweapons.com/lr-300srf.htm

Damn you beat me by less than two minutes and I was sitting on it while reading something else.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#10]
ZM Weapons makes a stock for about $ 300.

Olympic Arms also has a model for their buffer-less rifle.

Ace LTD. makes all kinds of stocks and adapters to put your own together.
You could use any stock that will fit an AR and make it fold.
(I think they make the OlyArms model.)

ALL of these require the use of an upper with the recoil spring integrated into the design.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
ZM Weapons makes a stock for about $ 300.

Olympic Arms also has a model for their buffer-less rifle.

Ace LTD. makes all kinds of stocks and adapters to put your own together.
You could use any stock that will fit an AR and make it fold.
(I think they make the OlyArms model.)

ALL of these require the use of an upper with the recoil spring integrated into the design.

Yep in order to have a folding stock you need to redesign the rifle.

IIRC Oly does it by putting the spring assembly in the upper - ZM does it by moving the spring assembly over the barrel.

But the question is why would you want a folding stock?   The Telestock is a MUCH more practical stock as it allows the stock length to be adjusted to the user and their equipment.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
But the question is why would you want a folding stock?   The Telestock is a MUCH more practical stock as it allows the stock length to be adjusted to the user and their equipment.

No kidding. I never really understood the appeal of them. When they're folded don't they kind of make holding the rifle awkward? I'd much prefer a tele-stock over a folder any day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding. I never really understood the appeal of them. When they're folded don't they kind of make holding the rifle awkward? I'd much prefer a tele-stock over a folder any day.

W/ the Ace adapters you can convert a telestock to a folding stock and the ZM already is adjustable.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Olympic Arms has made them for the last 12+ years!

Check out the OA-93 carbine!

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top