Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 2:47:31 AM EDT
Statement of Sarah Brady on Legislation Introduced Today By Senators Allen and Hutchison

Statement of Sarah Brady on Legislation Introduced Today By Senators Allen and Hutchison

5/19/2005 11:41:00 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: National Desk

Contact: Peter Hamm of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, 202-898-0792

WASHINGTON, May 19 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Sarah Brady, chair of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, issued the following statement:

"It would be obscene for Congress to eliminate District of Columbia gun laws. The Mayor is against it. The Police Chief is against it. The Washington D.C. business community is against it. And the people who live there are against it.

"Revoking D.C.'s gun regulations is like pouring gasoline on smoldering coals. Anyone who follows the gun violence problems that Washington D.C. has struggled with can't possibly, honestly believe that the answer is a lot more guns."

http://www.usnewswire.com/
Someone please shut this bitch up
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
...the murderers, armed robbers and rapists are against it, etc, etc, etc...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Both Bradys are at it again.  Jim Brady just wrote an open letter to the IL Governor, telling him which anti-gun rights legislation he should push.

Man, if that guy had half a brain, he'd realize...oh, wait a mintue...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]

The Washington D.C. business community is against it. And the people who live there are against it.

I thought the people living in DC couldn't vote?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:17:01 AM EDT
[#4]
i'd say it's more like half the people are for it and half are leery. also, a lot of metro pd is for it...the street cops anyway, not the politicians with badges...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:42:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Both Bradys are at it again.  Jim Brady just wrote an open letter to the IL Governor, telling him which anti-gun rights legislation he should push.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:55:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Group buy for a carton of unfiltered cigarettes for Sarah Brady.

Who's in with me?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:02:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Who's in with me?

jmzd4 raises hand
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:10:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The Washington D.C. business community is against it. And the people who live there are against it.

I thought the people living in DC couldn't vote?

Hell, it they are all against it, there should be no worries. None of them will buy guns anyway.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's a pretty entertaining read courtesy of GOA...Larry Pratt pwns one of DC's anti-gun loonies.  

www.gunowners.org/opdc11.htm

There's another one on that site I read last night, but I can't find the link to it.  He's interviews one of the Mayor's rabid anti gunners, with the same result.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Who's in with me?

Asbestos flavor?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:19:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually pouring gasoline on smoldering coals will put them out, as long as there isnt one flickering flame. Someone needs to tonk this bitch upside the head.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here's a pretty entertaining read courtesy of GOA...Larry Pratt pwns one of DC's anti-gun loonies.  

www.gunowners.org/opdc11.htm

There's another one on that site I read last night, but I can't find the link to it.  He's interviews one of the Mayor's rabid anti gunners, with the same result.  

Too bad this interview was broadcast live on every news channel in the US.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I hope Sarah Brady rots in hell but I have to acknowledge her husband's sacrifice.  He did voluntarily place himself in harm's way in order to protect one of the greatest president's in the history of the United States.  

You'd never catch me making fun of someone like that.

I'm sorry, but standing around and getting shot does not qualify as "voluntarily placing himself in harm's way in order to protect" anyone.

The persons who put themselves "in harm's way" were Secret Service Agents Jerry Parr (Head of the detail) and Tim McCarthy.  Parr is the agent who grabbed Reagan, threw him in the limo and covered him with his body. McCarthy is the agent who was, in Reagan's words,  "spread-eagling himself to make as big a target as possible."

Let's not get all revisionist-history here.  Jim Brady was hit, but he was not throwing himself in harm's way to protect Reagan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]

The National Rifle Association and other extremists in the gun lobby are once again gearing up to deprive gun violence victims of their legal rights. We Need Your Help to Stop Them!
]

From the Bradys... Wait a minute... Florida just passed a law to EMPOWER would be victims!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I have a Garand made in 1942, so I hope that isnt true for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Sarah Brady at it again....

And in other breaking news, the sun will likely rise first thing in the morning.......

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Anyone who follows the gun violence problems that Washington D.C. has struggled with can't possibly, honestly believe that the answer is a lot more gunsgun control is working.

Fixed it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Who's in with me?

How much you need, and where do I send it?

Smoke Up, Sarah.

Bitch.

SG
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#22]
What a STUPID........

Its real easy"More Guns=LESS Crime
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Did his letter look like this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top