Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 12:44:52 AM EDT
I have a co-worker that likes to fire her 38 Special revolver into the air on the 4th of July and New Years.  Yeah, I know it's stupid.  So, that's why I told her she shouldn't do it.  I told her I would try to find her some blanks so she could make all the noise without the possibility of hurting someone with a falling bullet.

So, anyone know of an on-line source for blanks?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You can make your own. The details escape me at the moment.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Get some old 38 cases. Drill out the primer hole so they can hold a Shotgun shell primer. Make it loose enough you can push them in by hand, but tight enough that they aren't going to fall out. You should be able to push the primers out with a small screwdriver after you pop them off, then can "reload" the primer by hand. Not as loud as a normal 38, but should be good enough.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:28:35 AM EDT
[#3]
hmm sporting goods stores for starter pistols?

talk to your local cowboy or civil war re-enactors

Enlarge your flash holes, magnum primer , some to no powder. and florists foam to hold it in.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:34:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top