Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 12:05:50 AM EDT
My old jeep got totaled about 2 months ago and I finally have enough cash/time to start shopping for a new car. My neighbors have a 1997 Audi A4 with 75,000 miles and what not. The car is in great shape and looks awesome for the year/price. Does anyone know anything about these as far as reliability? I know my dad used to have a couple Audi 5000's and loved the cars but reliability sucked and repairs where a big pita. I dont know if he had lemons or what. I would LOVE to hear what anyone has to say about them especiall reliability and repairs.
ETA My dad had his Audis in the lte 80's so maybe things have changed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Audi's still suck when it comes to repairs.  My brother really wanted one till he researched them and they came up poor on reliability in most of the information he found.  He was bummed.  He ended up buying an Acura TSX.  Man that is a sweet car if a bit down on power.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#2]
www.vwvortex.com and www.fourtitude.com

Are you thinking of one like your neighbors (B5) or a new one (B6)?  Don't rule out BMW.  My brother has an '87 325is with more than 250k on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top