Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 9:53:28 PM EDT
Oh, how I would have loved to been there and handed these punks their asses on a plate dripping with blood.

www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/46807.htm

S.I. TEENS TORCH VET

By ERIN CALABRESE and ERIKA MARTINEZ

May 18, 2005 -- Teenage truants set fire to a disabled Vietnam veteran's wheelchair yesterday on a Staten Island bus — but two quick-thinking passengers doused the flames with water and milk from a baby's "Sippy Cup," police said.

Francis Abrams, 57, was riding the S54 bus to the Staten Island Mall at about 11 a.m. when three teens used a cigarette lighter to set fire to a bag hanging from his chair, and then ran off the bus.

The fire ignited a book in the bag — Homer's "Odyssey" — and quickly spread to Abrams sweater and the back of his motorized wheelchair.

"I felt a little hot spot under my arm," said Abrams, whose left leg was amputated after injuries he suffered in Vietnam.

"I told the driver to pull the bus over, and I said, "Does anyone have any water?' "

That's when the two women, who were riding the bus with a baby, ran to his aid.

One had a bottle of water; the other had a cup of milk.

They poured both over the flames, dousing them.

Then cops were called, and quickly nabbed the suspects — whose names were withheld because they're all 15 — as they walked along Arthur Kill Road.

Abrams, who declined medical attention, identified the three youths, but said he'd like to do a whole lot more.

"I'd just like to beat the s- - - out of them," he said. "They're nothing but lowlifes."

Police said the suspects are students at Tottenville HS, where they should have been attending classes at that time of day.

They were charged with arson, criminal mischief and reckless endangerment.

"They thought it was funny," Abrams said. "Next time, it will be some poor old lady."

He said he was grateful to the two women.

"I'd like to thank them very much for the assist," he said.

"They didn't have to do anything. They could have been more worried about the baby and just gotten off the bus."
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't have called the cops. I would have found thos kids myself.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
That is so fucking sad.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, sometimes Im ashamed that the US can produce such fucking lowlifes. I think I would have pistolwhipped them so hard they would need to find thier teeth on the floor.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wish I had been there.

+1.......with a pair of boltcutters
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Their parents must be so proud.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]
What f***** punks.  

Good work by the others to get the fire out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#9]
If there was ever a time for a cop to have a "AD", that was one of 'em.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#10]
That is very bad, I don't know what kids are thinking sometimes.  I took a 14 year old freshman girl to juvenile hall last week after she set a boys hair on fire in the school auditorium (which is a national historic landmark and very old) during an assembly.  It only burned a spot the size of a quarter on the back of his neck and he was uninjured.

I booked her for assault with a deadly weapon and assault on a school grounds.  I felt bad because she had a perfect record according to the school.  I was going to just go with the misdemeanor battery on school grounds but my Sgt. wanted A.D.W.

The boys hair was full of gel and the potential was there for his whole head to catch fire.  I expected her to be out in 5 or 6 hours, but she stayed 5 days in juvenile hall and is now not allowed to go near the boy.

She said she just wasn't thinking about what might happen.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Shoot the fuckers...or arrest them and DEPORT them!!!  

Shit like that makes me fucking sick to my stomich...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]

GRRRR! Make... Hulk... SMASH!

It's stuff like this that makes me want to go "Full Koko" on any lowlife shitbird that screws with innocent people.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
She said she just wasn't thinking about what might happen.

Like getting caught?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish I had been there.

+1.......with a pair of boltcutters

+1,000,000,000!!!  Fucking scumbags!!!

Can we kill people like this..............can we?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#15]
This Nation needs a douche.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
"Full Koko" .

?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top