Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 7:29:29 PM EDT
being directed by quentin tarantino it kicked ass, but what i am wondering is wut was the purpose of cutting an x on the tip of the bullet when, in the beginning of the film, the guy shot the two blondes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Taped.

I'll be watching it Saturday .
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposed to make it fragment like a CCI Stinger.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Shades of Edgar Allen Poe. What a shitty perdicament. Better him than me!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Some(okay, almost all) of their firearms related work blows, but I still like the show.

The best was in a CSI episode that involved the CSI: Miami cast, and some chick said you can tell if a shell casing is from a Glock because it has a square primer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#5]
It was awesome, IMHO. Great show. I wish I got it on tape.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Some(okay, almost all) of their firearms related work blows, but I still like the show.

The best was in a CSI episode that involved the CSI: Miami cast, and some chick said you can tell if a shell casing is from a Glock because it has a square primer.

square indent in the primer.......

and if you cut an X deep enough into a solid lead bullet it will either help it expand, or make it spearate inside the target into musltiple pieces.......

it does owrk, but I have seen it frag accuracy when done, at least with .22 bullets
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#7]
OMG that show is like so REAL!

Sorry, I know it is merely TV but it effects the real world too damned much! Too many sheep watch that shit and buy it hook, line and sinker.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and if you cut an X deep enough into a solid lead bullet it will either help it expand, or make it spearate inside the target into musltiple pieces.......

it does owrk, but I have seen it frag accuracy when done, at least with .22 bullets

It's called a dum dum.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If you weren't sure it was written and directed by tarentino, the little "dream" the guy had should remove ALL question.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you weren't sure it was written and directed by tarentino, the little "dream" the guy had should remove ALL question.

same thing with the use of music throughout the show, it had tarantino written all over it

thanks GoGop and Tactical Penguin that's what i was lookin for
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]

For some reason I can't explain, Tivo didn't record CSI.  Anyone Tivo it that would be willing to burn me a copy and send it to me for some $?  Pleeeeease...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Isn't it the one where they guy was buried in a coffin underground?

In a supreme bit of irony, the 'buried coffin' had better lighting than the CSI lab...

Ah, gotta love jerry bruckheimer for raking in the dough with three identical versions of the same crappy show.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#15]
That show makes my life hell....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yep. How's it working out for your victims? I bet suspect's love it...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:03:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

In a supreme bit of irony, the 'buried coffin' had better lighting than the CSI lab...

Ah, gotta love jerry bruckheimer for raking in the dough with three identical versions of the same crappy show.

Yeah, that was the truly unbelievable part of the show.  The plexiglass coffin is infiltrated with fireant and the guy gets hundreds of bites, but doesn't go into anaphalactic shock...yeah right.  Then the one that capped it off for me as being absolute was the underside of the coffin was strapped with 3lbs of Cemtex set to detonate with a pressure switch.  They pull the guy out while displaceing his weight with a load of dirt.  It explodes, they are all safe.  The explosion was little more than 2 M80's in a dirt pile.  3lbs of Cemtex would pretty much level a good size building.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:19:13 AM EDT
[#18]
It was a great episode.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "CSI" effect DOES make cases easier,   We had a guy here put butter on his hands to "Camoflage" fingerprints.  (besides it's always good for a laugh)
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's called a dum dum.

AHEM. Dum dums are explosive bullets from the Dum Dum Armaments Factory, not bullets with an X cut into the nose.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I though that ruined the episode. Tarentino just couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "CSI" effect DOES make cases easier,   We had a guy here put butter on his hands to "Camoflage" fingerprints.  (besides it's always good for a laugh)

It can have the opposite effect, too.

Juries now EXPECT a full-court press forensic investigation on EVERYTHING we do. They want diagrams, video, digital photographs, fingerprints, lab work, DNA results and fancy scientific-sounding stuff on everything. I lost a POM case recently, where the dope was in the guy's glove box, he had been smoking, and he admitted to smoking on tape. The "reasonable doubt" was because we "failed" to print the bag of dope, something we can't do in the field. If I would have requested prints from the lab on a bag of dope in a Misdemeanor POM case, I would STILL be getting nasty e-mails about it.

And this all happened in my Republican-dominated county, too, not one of those nearby commie ones. Times are changing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#24]
I love watching CSI with my dad.
He was a homicide detective for 30 years in XXX City.
I always ask him "Dad did you guys have one of those?"
Nope
How about that?
Nope
That?
No way.

Only thing they ever had in his lab that they have on CSI is the evaporated super glue thing. My old man said that was his favorite way to get prints.

He gets a kick out of how they run DNA on everything, for every case and the results are in within days.
He said that the waiting list for DNA testing is something like 2 years for a result.
And he severly dislikes how the CSIs solve the cases, talk to witnesses, etc.
He said that is the job of the detectives.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

There was a better one where this guy sets up his brother for a murder he did. The find the gun and low and behold when they fire it the marks on the bullet are different than the ones pulled from the body. They show the brother who did the killing working some steel wool in the barrel. They actually showed exactly why ballistic fingerprinting of guns will never work.

But the sad part is, my sister and my cousin who are CSI junkies were like, that can't make a differeance thats BS. It took me 2 hours to convince them otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#26]
so did any CSIs die?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That entire show had tarentino written all over it....
He had done an ER episode or two also....
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I only like the "original" CSI...the few times I have watched the other two, I found more soap opera type drama (aka who is screwing who and who is lusting after who) then the Las Vegas one...and I just dont have any interest in that...not to mention that red headed freak from NYPD is on the miami one....and he thought he could do better so he left NYPD blue
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I only like the "original" CSI...the few times I have watched the other two, I found more soap opera type drama (aka who is screwing who and who is lusting after who) then the Las Vegas one...and I just dont have any interest in that...not to mention that red headed freak from NYPD is on the miami one....and he thought he could do better so he left NYPD blue

David Caruso.  Have you evernoticed that the camera always has an odd angle when shooting him.  If they do shoot him from head on, they use a "softening" lens to hide his horrible complexion and his warped head?  He always looks like he is smelling a bad fart.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm jaded...I used to watch "the new detectives" on Discovery or TLC - that was a real CSI show. And it seems that's where bruckheimer swiped the idea from.

CSI miami - out of all the CSI shows, that one sucks the hardest. The writing, the acting - simply horrible. Could david caruso's acting be worse? Yes, look away from everyone else and past the camera in a dramatic way and oversell your line. Sheesh.

The technology and tactics are completley unrealistic. Lab rats questioning suspects without a detective present? Fully animated 3d 'crime' programs running realtime on a desktop PC? Instant DNA and fingerprint matches?

The CSI crapfests are one of the things that are dumbing down america-  because they put forward the most ridiculous premises and techniques and act like they're actually real. A woman killed by a bullet that was picked up by a hurricane? And she 'collected' the bullets after target shooting in her back yard? Okay, sure, yeah, that will happen once every 50 billion years. Let's put that on TV!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone else yell at the screen "Turn on the freaking lights!" every time they break out their Surfires? Is the entire lab staff photophobic?

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Did I miss it, or did they not solve the 2 twin girls murdered at the beginning of the show? And what was the point of that part of the show?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Did I miss it, or did they not solve the 2 twin girls murdered at the beginning of the show? And what was the point of that part of the show?

in typical tarentino fashion
NOPE left ya wondering
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top