Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:55:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you cant stop the cat from pissing all over your house, then it is time to put the cat down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Often it may be a urinary tract infection or some other kind of health issue, the cat associates the litterbox with pain so avoids it. You may want to consider a vet.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
agree, likely a urinary tract infection. Most of the time that can be treated with anti biotics with success.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
what's your address?

I can be over within 24 hours and take care of the problem for you for a small fee.

Wife will never know...trust me.

Or call me at 1-800-DEAD-CAT

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't have a .22?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#6]
  One of my cats has done the same thing when he had a ( UTI ) urinary tract infection. Vets gave him meds and had to change his food for a bit. Later I got him food that was made to help with UTI.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Take it to the vet, as previously stated.  If it doesn't have a UTI or bladder problem, you're more than likely stuck with it.  Is it a new cat?  Does it have issues with the other one?  Could be acting out to to get attention or something.  We went through this with one of our cats.  Never could fix the problem, so we had to get rid of it.  Best of luck to ya.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Often it may be a urinary tract infection or some other kind of health issue, the cat associates the litterbox with pain so avoids it. You may want to consider a vet.

Sounds good.  Could also be acting out to get attention.  My dog did the same thing to my parents when I enlisted, but did just fine after ai got back from boot.  Have you been not at home as much lately?  Of course it could also be the cat just being an asshole, in which case i think you know what to do soldier.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Have fun getting rid of the cat piss smell

I would shoot the damn thing for pissing in my stuff.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#11]
We had that problem.   Two areas of the carpet were more interesting to her than the cat box.   We tried different foods and different brand litters; still no change.   She's an outside cat now, and we have new carpet.   (The smell just wouldn't wash out)

Good luck
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
what's your address?

I can be over within 24 hours and take care of the problem for you for a small fee.

Wife will never know...trust me.

Or call me at 1-800-DEAD-CAT

Sgtar15

And FWIW, Sarge is authorized to give you a 20% discount - our west-coast division has been suffering from sagging profits lately. We need to generate some cash flow......
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Just dial 1 800 GVT THUG for all your cat disposal needs!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#14]
the poor old cat must have just wondered away while you were at work. maybe it just found a better home.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#16]
cats get old.  they are meant to be outside not inside a home where they can't just go all the time.  

I love animals but you have to look at some situations from the animals point of view.  If the cat is old and used to be well trained the cat is probably trying.  As cats get older there musles for there bladder stuff gets weaker and they don't know when they're going to go.  

Most likely your cat was sleeping or laying down in the gym bags because it always has done that and just doesn't know when it is going to go.  

I would talk to your vet and see what you can do to help him/her.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#17]
draw down on the feline to get your point across
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top