Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 3:40:29 PM EDT
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=1484835&mesg_id=1484835
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of them seem to be pro gun in a liberal way, if that's possible. I'm so confused
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Idgits.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the hot link down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A lot of them seem to be pro gun in a liberal way, if that's possible. I'm so confused

They're the ones who want to take down the government with violence and institute the progroms aka Lenin.  Trouble is they don't practice much.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno how many of them are moles from here, freep, etc.

BUT I get the feeling that they are about 50/50 there (as far as true liberals) on gun rights.

Which is amazing, actually.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's because most of the gun board posters are trolling from arfcom, the high road, etc....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's because most of the gun board posters are trolling from arfcom, the high road, etc....

Ironically, I was going to make an account there as Lt.-Major Sam "Charlie Don't Surf" Kilgore and pose as a former special forces gun-nut who also approved of all the liberal crap they regurgitate at DU to see how many I could get to agree with me before they banned me.

They don't allow gmail accounts as valid e-mail addresses.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Take the hot link down.

What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Of course DU'ers are upset.  If DC's gun ban law is repealed, citizens again arm themselves, crime will drop.  And if that happens, their shining star example of what gun control can do for the rest of the country will truly be exposed for what it really is... disarmament of citizens is the cause of much crime.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=102&topic_id=1484835&mesg_id=1484835
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Take the hot link down.

You are ignorant.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#12]
The DU'ers would get upset if their shoestrings were tied wrong.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Take the hot link down.

They can see where the hotlink was from, and then their trolls spam our boards for about a week after every incident.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Take the hot link down.

They can see where the hotlink was from, and then their trolls spam our boards for about a week after every incident.

Kharn

Except there is no hotlink and there never was a hotlink. You're still an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wopnder if onenote approvals or disapproves of the lawsuits that cities files against the gun manufacturers.
I wonder if onenote understands that the Constitution is the highest law of the land.

I wonder if why politicians DON'T understand that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

BUT I get the feeling that they are about 50/50 there (as far as true liberals) on gun rights.

Count me in as a pro-gun liberal. Most of you conservatives fail to see that many so called liberals (That aren't national politicians) are pro-gun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in as a pro-gun liberal. Most of you conservatives fail to see that many so called liberals (That aren't national politicians) are pro-gun.

this explains everything........
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread is so messed up I don't even know where to begin.
There's just too much to ask and say.

I'll keep it short.
So you pro-gun liberals sacrifice your firearms to democratic way of politics?
The people you vote in don't care for them and its not getting any better.

Either, you’re  REALLY confused plus still haven't "found" yourself politically or you truly believe in the "progressive" way of life and what it has to offer an are willing to sacrifice your firearms if that's what it takes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:42:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Mmmm... warmlink.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not correct.  The DU gundungeon kool-aid drinkers, especially paladin, would love to believe that most or all of the pro-gun posters are trolls, but that's not reality.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had 7 account locks there
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Not everything. I want to know if Kristanna Loken is his sister.

Well, my family (Where my last name comes from) came from Norway, and from what I read on IMDB her family came from Norway. Maybe we're distant relatives. Norway is a pretty small country in terms of population.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#27]
My favorite is that the Second Amendment only has federal jurisdiction.  Does that mean a city can take away free speech?  They view the RKBA as an exception.

That's OK.  

If this country falls under tyranny, when they are getting together to make signs and plan a rally, we'll be loading mags and picking rooftops.  Guess who'll be the first to get the point across.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Take the hot link down.

Kharn

Except there is no hotlink and there never was a hotlink. You're still an idiot.

First off, wrong dude. Second, did you read the CoC?

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My favorite is that the Second Amendment only has federal jurisdiction.  Does that mean a city can take away free speech?  They view the RKBA as an exception.

That's OK.  

If this country falls under tyranny, when they are getting together to make signs and plan a rally, we'll be loading mags and picking rooftops.  Guess who'll be the first to get the point across.

It really is quite amazing.  Just imagine the FF sitting around talking about the Bill of Rights and saying, well, we don't want the Federal Government to abridge these basic rights but you States, heck, have at it, whatever the traffic will bear, you're sovereign and can make any shit up about speech, guns, property etc. you want.

It just makes no sense to say something like, "we hold these truths to be self-evident" etc. and then proceed to abridge them willy-nilly as if they're just "sort-of" self-evident.

I never worry about the government wanting to enslave me.  It's the nature of the beast and a fact of life, other wise there would never have been a Bill of Rights.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#30]
My favorite is that the Second Amendment only has federal jurisdiction. Does that mean a city can take away free speech? They view the RKBA as an exception.

Yes, it is amazing that anti-gunners think they are such experts on the 2nd Amendment, but they apparently have no knowledge of the 14th.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#31]
DU'ers are upset.

Hmmm, let's see.

Trying to care.

Trying to care.

Trying to care.

Damn.

Trying to care.

Trying to care.

Trying to care.

Crap.

Trying to care.

Trying to care.

Trying to care.

Shit just ain't working.

Must be broke.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
My favorite is that the Second Amendment only has federal jurisdiction. Does that mean a city can take away free speech? They view the RKBA as an exception.

Yes, it is amazing that anti-gunners think they are such experts on the 2nd Amendment, but they apparently have no knowledge of the 14th.

Beat me to it....

shooter
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#33]
liberals are funny.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, first off, I have to say: Waaahhh!

Or who the phoque cares?

BUT. There was one "point" while, IMO of no consequence PER SE, I was kinda wondering why we didn't try the route suggested? NOT so much because it's how it should be done, as much as THEN when THEY bitched about "activist judges" we could throw THEIR BS back in their faces ;) (I'm just trying to LEARN here, I'm NOT "criticising, I'm just curious....)

(Re: Brown Vs.Plessy) Congress didn't overturn Plessy. The Supreme Court did. Its what separation of powers is all about in this country and while sometimes it means that things move more slowly than they would otherwise, sometimes (as in the case of Civil Rights) it is the courts, not Congress that forces change. So I prefer to respect separation of powers and if advocates of second amendment rights can find a way to bring the DC gun law case back up through the courts to the Supreme's and they get a ruling striking down the DC ban, then I'm going to have to live with it, the people of DC are going to have to live with it, and members of the US Congress who favor gun control are going to have to live with it. In the meantime, however, I suggest that George Allen and his crew should learn to live with the law as it stands today and not try to usurp the democratic rights of the citizens of DC or the role of the courts.

Now I think this DUers view is severely skewed, but IF we did it through the COURTS, I can see many advantages.... AND if there are VALID reasons why we do NOT go that route, being able to throw THOSE back in the asshats face would be fun. ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top