Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 3:27:28 PM EDT
I'm planning a trip from NY roughly starting where Interstate 84 and Interstate 684 join just outside Danbury CT down to the border of Tennessee and Georgia to a town called McCaysville.

Any advice, construction areas to avoid, best times to drive etc would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging Nationwide...

Coming goodbuudy

Sgt(10-4)ar15
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
that's come back goodbuddy
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a OTR  driver but I am not very familiar with that area. I always think the roads are a little safer and less traveled in the late night early morning hours. That way you avoid all the morning and afternoon traffic and most construction crews go home at night!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am a OTR  driver but I am not very familiar with that area. I always think the roads are a little safer and less traveled in the late night early morning hours. That way you avoid all the morning and afternoon traffic and most construction crews go home at night!

I was thinking that too, plus I want to be past the DC metro area before the morning commute
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I would avoid DC/Balto/NJ entirely by taking I-81 (??) thru PA and then down the Shenendoah Valley.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah,take I-81,you'll be glad you did!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't call a truck driver a "good buddy" unless you want your ass kicked.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm planning a trip from NY roughly starting where Interstate 84 and Interstate 684 join just outside Danbury CT down to the border of Tennessee and Georgia to a town called McCaysville.

Any advice, construction areas to avoid, best times to drive etc would be appreciated.
Thanks

I'm a driver, but only the westen 17, sorry I cant help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top