Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 1:22:34 PM EDT
I called the Ways and Means Committee today to talk to Bill Thomas and to ask if they were considering HR 1703.

The man on the phone said they had a full plate and  HR 1703 was not on the list this summer.

So I asked if I could talk to Chairman Thomas personally about this matter.

He said no, I was not in Thomas' district.

But I could call my rep and have him write to Thomas as to why they would not consider HR 1703.

So I did!

NOW READ THIS

HR 1703 deals with gun control AND taxes (NFA) so it HAS TO BE PASSED BY BOTH WAYS AND MEANS AND THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE

Complicates things.

Fighting for our rights,

CRC
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#1]
So Thomas wants to kill it?????  Or he just won't act on it and we're SOL?  Both committees are stacked with Republicans WTF is the problem?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I called the Ways and Means Committee today to talk to Bill Thomas and to ask if they were considering HR 1703.

The man on the phone said they had a full plate and  HR 1703 was not on the list this summer.

So I asked if I could talk to Chairman Thomas personally about this matter.

He said no, I was not in Thomas' district.

But I could call my rep and have him write to Thomas as to why they would not consider HR 1703.

So I did!

NOW READ THIS

HR 1703 deals with gun control AND taxes (NFA) so it HAS TO BE PASSED BY BOTH WAYS AND MEANS AND THE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE

Complicates things.

Fighting for our rights,

CRC

So what are our chances?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I wrote my rep (Butch Otter) and here is his reply:

Dear nacrotek,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for H.R. 1703, the Second Amendment Protection Act.  I appreciate hearing your comments.

As you know, H.R. 1703 repeals the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act and the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.  Currently, this bill is under review in the House Committee on the Judiciary.

Like you I agree these laws have proven ineffective in controlling crimes with guns and must be repealed.  For this reason I have become a cosponsor of this legislation.  You can be confident I will work with my colleagues to see this bill becomes law during the 109th Congress.

Again, thank you for contacting me.  Please continue to keep me informed of your views on the issues that are important to you.

As always, "Idaho - Esto Perpetua"

C.L."Butch" Otter
Member of Congress

CLO/mmj

As always, "Idaho - Esto Perpetua"

C.L."Butch" Otter
Member of Congress

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
hmmmmmmm lets hope he works hard.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, so all political assholes aren't all assholes.... interesting  

Sounds like Idaho dude is A LOT more interested than the fucking NRA !

I might just have to get on the Horn and sweet talk some of my local reps  

NRA, what are we paying you for again, I can't remember ?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Meet new boss, same as old boss
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
YESSS!!!!

Thank you dear God and Rep. Otter! [
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

NRA, what are we paying you for again, I can't remember ?

It cost a lot of money to keep such a grand building standing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top