Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 12:19:27 PM EDT
it'a a little round river stone about the size of a baseball.

thanks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
seriouslah?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd bet a round of beers for everyone reading GD you'd have to put it in checked baggage.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]

mmmm... rocks
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
this has been sitting on my desk for the last year and i thought it would be a great self defence weapon.  you can throw it.  smash someone on the head with it.  i think it's limestone with a flint or quartz core.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
About ten years ago, I flew out of SLC with a big chunk of petrified wood, carried in a pillow case.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends, can you break the nail file off that swings out from inside???

I thought you said it was a "swiss army rock"
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
A rock? Maybe.

Fire? No way!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A rock? Maybe.

Fire? No way!

Scissors - no way!
Paper - maybe?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A rock? Maybe.

Fire? No way!

Scissors - no way!
Paper - maybe?

Only allowed to take WET PAPER you could use the sharp edges and take an entire plane hostage. I hate to risk papercuts when traveling!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
You can take a bottle of liquor, so why couldn't you take a rock?  The bottle would do more damage.  Now, something like nail clippers, have no use other than killing large numbers of innocent people.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You can take a bottle of liquor, so why couldn't you take a rock?  The bottle would do more damage.  Now, something like nail clippers, have no use other than killing large numbers of innocent people.

really?

like a 750ml bottle or can i take my pint flask?
can you crack it open on the plane and take a sip?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#12]
If they don't allow it, then they better not allow laptops or hardcover books or hard cd cases, etc, etc, etc.

Throw in a pair of socks with it.  Improvised blackjack.  Just proves you can make a weapon out of almost anything.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
is it a preban or postban rock?  is it a FLAMING rock?  is it an Arock?  does all your rocks are belong to us?  is it an urban asualt rock?  these would all be things that would determine if you could in fact...take it aboard....or if it would be forbidden.......
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If they don't allow it, then they better not allow laptops or hardcover books or hard cd cases, etc, etc, etc.

Throw in a pair of socks with it.  Improvised blackjack.  Just proves you can make a weapon out of almost anything.

that was the thought.
double bag it in a pair of athletic socks and you can put an eye out!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm pretty sure you can, though I wouldn't if it means a lot to you.  If the TSA agent does not like it, they will make you leave it behind.  Leave it on top of your bag, and have a good reason for it.  It will definetely get their attention when they x-ray it.

I brought back a coconut-sized chunk of the Roman wall from England, and the Heathrow security chap said "whut the bloody ell is this"   I considered saying it was a looted national treasure, but I just told him I collect rocks.  

I also brought back a duffel bag full of petrified wood from someplace in the desert.  The only one who freaked out was the flight attendant.  She said it was bad luck.   Sure enough, I got furloughed 6 years later.  

This was pre 9-11 so YMMV.

btw, Mag Lights are allowed, at least to the 3 cell size.    
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Scissors and knitting needles confiscated at security.....1/2 pound of HASH cleared fine inside my jacket pocket. Go figure?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#17]

btw, Mag Lights are allowed, at least to the 3 cell size.    

- Gosh no luck here..ALL MY "GADGETS" take D-cell batteries...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top