Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 10:45:33 AM EDT
near real-time anyway...

Chicago Crime Map

you can break it out by types, like Homicide arson or even failure to have an FOID card

* planning my next trip to the Windy City verrrrrrrrry carefully *

(don't know how they are getting this dat but think it is great! Must drive Daley nuts, since Chi-town always seems to hide their crime fiigures)

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Notice the lack of crime on the north side of town?

The area with all the murders and what not is the south and west side. Pretty ghetto areas. Downtown and most of the north side of the city are very clean and safe areas. If it wasn't for the fucking horrible gun laws (Second only to Washington DC) i'd live in Chicago in a heartbeat. I live an hour north though so I can visit the city whenever I want.

I was looking at that map last night, it was rather fucking comical in some instances.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The site hasn't made the news yet, but you can bet the ACLU will have a shit fit - how dare people know where the most crime is! (would be worthwhile to save snapshots of general maps before somebdy gets their panties in a wad and orders the site be taken down)

ETA: Chicago crack houses!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
thats pretty cool, i hope they set one up for my area.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The area with all the murders and what not is the south and west side. Pretty ghetto areas. Downtown and most of the north side of the city are very clean and safe areas.

I was looking at that map last night, it was rather fucking comical in some instances.

The north side is a nice area. The southwest side(where I used to live) is a nice area of middle class law abiding citizens.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The internet isn't big enough if they do one for Detroit...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#6]
North Ave has everything: Kidnappings, a whole lot of crack houses and prostitutes!

Av.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
(don't know how they are getting this dat but think it is great! Must drive Daley nuts, since Chi-town always seems to hide their crime fiigures)

The data is online from the Chicago Police Department. Has been for a couple of years now. They are just pulling the PD data, and putting it on Google Maps.

Av.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]

The southwest side(where I used to live) is a nice area of middle class law abiding citizens.

Yes, I meant the south and west sides, not the SW side. I've been driving on Roosevelt pretty far west and it gets to be a pretty shady area after dark.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#9]
ummm.... if today is 19 MAY and it's now 1530 here in NY... howcome I can look at crime from 1800, May 19th 2005???

just wondering

-Roth

*edit* duh, that said march not may.... yup i'm pretty dumb sometimes....cool site though
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The southwest side(where I used to live) is a nice area of middle class law abiding citizens.

Yes, I meant the south and west sides, not the SW side. I've been driving on Roosevelt pretty far west and it gets to be a pretty shady area after dark.

I know exactly what you meant. The South Side, can pretty much mean streets East of Western.  West side is basically west of the Ryan but north of the Stevenson.  

The west side includes the United Center.  Don't want to hang out there too long after dark.  

I'm a native Chicagoan, I know what I'm talking about.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#11]
According to that thing there has been two  Justifiable himicides in chicago this year.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The internet isn't big enough if they do one for Detroit...

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn, a lot of stuff goes down in Chicago.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

The area with all the murders and what not is the south and west side. Pretty ghetto areas. Downtown and most of the north side of the city are very clean and safe areas. If it wasn't for the fucking horrible gun laws (Second only to Washington DC) i'd live in Chicago in a heartbeat. I live an hour north though so I can visit the city whenever I want.

Yeah Baby.  My old Hood.  "Wild, Wild Southwest Chicago".    

8726 South Carpenter Street.    

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#15]
sounds like a slow day in chicago. i use to be a paramedic working in the chicago area for a private company. the only white guy with a regular crew of black folks i worked with. the funny thing is i rather work with them than the white or hispanic guys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Gee, nothing going on in my neighborhood;

about 150 miles SOUTH.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#17]
150 miles to the south? Duh, what happens in cornfields?

I live 60 miles to the north, just south of Milwaukee.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:19:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
150 miles to the south? Duh, what happens in cornfields?

Mostly crankheads looking for a little space to cook up their shit or trying to tap an NH3 tank.

Oh, and there are still some dummycrats running around loose trying to cause trouble.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I wonder which category you use to plot crimes in the mayor's office.  They may not have enough computer capacity to keep up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top