Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 10:44:52 AM EDT
My girlfriend's best friend is on an Army base in Germany doing her student teaching abroad.  She has been there since January.  In February her father, in his 50's dropped dead of a heart attack.  She came back for a week, then returned to Germany.  My girlfriend used all of her college graduation money to go and see her,  she left on Monday and will be gone until the 31st.  They're supposed to backpack across Europe and visit all the famous/historical/artsy stuff.  

I got an email today from my gf's mom, that my gf's friend's mother got run over by a car this morning.  Broken femurs, pelvis, ribs, and numerous cuts and bruises.  She's in ICU now and is expected to stay for quite some time.  I don't believe any head trauma, thank god.  

Her mother was supposed to go to Germany and meet her there the same day my gf comes back.  

Now her brother's are trying to contact her and tell her what happened and try to convince her she doesn't need to return home immediately.  In addition to how terriable that is, it also puts a stain on my girlfriend's trip, being that she dropped about 3 grand and has wanted to go over there for the longest time.

...In another string of bad luck (that ended good)..  I took my gf to the bank to deposit some cash about 2.5 hours before her flight over there.  I guess when she got out of my car at the grocery store (bank's inside) her pouch with her passport, credit cards, license, and about 500 of US/Euro's fell out.  She didn't realize that until we got back home and tore her mother's house up from floor to ceiling.  We were freakin out cause there went a lot of $ in the bag and there would be no way she could go.  We retraced our tracks to the store, went inside talked to the manager, nothing...  Went back home with about 2 hours before the flight, searched for another 15 minutes, then the phone rang,  Some old lady found it in the parking lot and turned it in, THANK GOD!  I got her to the airport about 50 minutes before her flight left.....All that, for the shit to happen with her friend's mother.  Talk about some bad luck.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#1]
So, where are you at in MO?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Lee's Summit. The accident was in Blue Springs.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Family comes first no matter how inconvienant it is.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I know, it's awful for something like this to happen to that girl and her family.  She's probably the sweetest/nicest girl I've ever met.  My gf's mother emailed me back and thinks both of them might come home on the 31st, otherwise she was going to stay till August.  

At least my gf's over there with her when she gets this news.  She was alone when she got word of her father.  It's just tough news to hear no matter where you are,  but being unable to rush back home's got make it 10x worse.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#5]
gfs mom emailed from ICU?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#6]
No, my gf's mom isn't the one who's hurt,  it's my gf's friend's mother...

here's what's on the news so far...

Woman Hit While Walking In Blue Springs

POSTED: 10:30 am CDT May 19, 2005
UPDATED: 10:45 am CDT May 19, 2005

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A 53-year-old woman was taken to a hospital early Thursday morning after being hit by a driver while walking in Blue Springs.

The accident happened at about 6:45 a.m. in the Lake Village subdivision on Saratoga just south of Valley Forge.

Police said the driver immediately stopped.

The woman was taken by air ambulance to a hospital with serious injuries.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top