Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 9:17:38 AM EDT

www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/bizarre/3189044

Cyanide victims think 'poison' warning a slogan

Reuters News Service

TAIPEI - A man in Taiwan has died and four others were poisoned after drinking a popular bottled fizzy drink laced with cyanide and labelled "I am poisonous. Please do not drink."

Some of the victims thought the warning was a new advertising slogan, police said on Thursday.

The manufacturer of Bullwild energy drink, Paolyta Co., ordered an island-wide recall of about 1.2 million to 1.6 million bottles. The drink, which is popular among taxi drivers and workers, has also been taken off shelves in Hong Kong and Macau.

Police suspect someone laced the drink with cyanide before placing it on store shelves, and released footage taken from a surveillance camera of a man in his 20s or 30s in the hope the public could help identify him.

A 55-year-old man died of cyanide poisoning late on Wednesday and four victims remained in hospital, two in critical condition, police said.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
hahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't get it.  Did the guy who put cyanide in the drinks afix warning labels as well?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Real funny, dude.  Unfortunately, I can't read Chinese.  I hope like hell nobody tries it with the tea I usually get.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't get it.  Did the guy who put cyanide in the drinks afix warning labels as well?

It appears he did. And it appears that idiots still drank it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Real funny, dude.  Unfortunately, I can't read Chinese.  I hope like hell nobody tries it with the tea I usually get.

I thought it was.  :confused:
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was.  :confused:

Don't mind me, I just have an irrational distaste for being poisoned at random.

I'm currently residing in Taipei, BTW, in case this was a source of confusion for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top