Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 9:17:36 AM EDT
What a frickin' retard!

CLEVELAND -- Browns tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee when he crashed his motorcycle, according to several reports.

He likely will miss the entire 2005 season, sources told the Cleveland Plain Dealer and Associated Press.
Winslow underwent an MRI exam on Tuesday at the Cleveland Clinic, and, according to the paper's source, it showed "what everyone feared."

Winslow, who wrecked his high-powered bike while riding in a parking lot on May 1, will get a second medical opinion before surgery is scheduled, sources with knowledge of his injuries told the paper and AP.

Although the Browns have Winslow's medical test results, the club can not disclose the nature of his injuries because they have not received permission from Winslow or his family.

On Wednesday, after conferring with his father, NFL Hall of Fame tight end Kellen Winslow Sr., the Browns issued a statement saying, "The Winslow family has not authorized us to release any information on Kellen's condition.'"

Until they are given approval, the Browns may not be able to reveal Winslow's injuries until he fails a physical and they have to place him on an injury list per league rules.

Winslow's agent, Kevin Poston, could not be reached for comment.

Winslow injured his right knee and sustained unspecified internal injuries when his motorcycle hit a curb near his home at 35 mph and he flipped over the handlebars.

Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't fastened properly and flew off when he hit the ground.

He spent nine days in the Cleveland Clinic before being released last week. Winslow, who has been resting at home, has not commented on his accident or his injuries.

Doctors had to wait for the swelling to go down on the 21-year-old's knee before performing a more thorough examination.

Winslow, who missed 14 games as a rookie with a broken leg, breached a hazardous activities clause in his contract by riding the motorcycle. The Browns could ask him to return part of the money he already has been paid as part of his six-year, $40 million contract -- the richest deal given to a tight end.

Cleveland traded a second-round pick to move up a spot in the 2004 NFL draft to select Winslow, who starred at the University of Miami.

In his second game last season, Winslow broke a bone in the lower part of his right leg and tore ligaments in his ankle while trying to recover an onside kick. He had two operations on the leg and it was still mending at the time of his accident.

Meanwhile, police in suburban Westlake concluded their investigation of Winslow's accident this week and turned the case over to city law director John Wheeler, who will determine whether charges should be filed, Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

Winslow could be charged with reckless operation, which carries a maximum penalty of 30 days in jail and a $250 fine.

A few hours before his accident, Winslow and a few friends drove 50 miles on their motorcycles to Canton to see a stunt riding team perform.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
According to the local media, his contract stipulated that he was forbidden to ride a motorcycle.

The Browns shouldn't have to pay him - and I hope they don't.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks for my man Romeo Crennel, but maybe its best that he not have Winslow in the locker room.      I don't understand how someone making so much money can be so stupid and jeopordize it all.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
He's a puke.

And apparently, he's now a stupid puke.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I have no sympathy for idiots, plus I hate the browns.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Just another day in the life of a Cleveland sports fan...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#6]
welcome to 3 weeks ago
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#7]
c'mon man, he's a fucking soldier
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
welcome to 3 weeks ago

Actually, it was yesterday that they finally publicized the extent of his injuries.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh well. Just another typical cocky, illiterate, overpaid athlete. Who cares.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#10]
more bad news for Cleveland...

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Where'd his dad go wrong?  He was a great player.  Maybe mommy raised him.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing, his dad seems like he has at least a little bit of class
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Athletes with talent, I respect.
Athletes, who are conceited asshole pricks, with or without talent, are FUCKTARDS.

Let's start a FUCKTARD athlete list. I'll go first.

Randy Moss is one, if not the most, amazing and gifted wide receivers who ever played the game, and is still a FUCKTARD, and the Vikings are MY TEAM. Good luck in Oakland.

That is all.

HKO
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a cane thing....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Hopefully, he'll never play another NFL game again! He couldn't carry his Daddy's jockstrap, IMO! I'll never forget his Dad being helped off the field about 4-5 times in that Chargers playoff game & each time he returned to make spectular catch after spectular catch. I'll never forget his performance in that game!

The kid is a punk, in every sense of the word!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Athletes, who are conceited asshole pricks, with or without talent, are FUCKTARDS.

Randy Moss is one, if not the most, amazing and gifted wide receivers who ever played the game, and is still a FUCKTARD[/b
HKO

How about a "twofer": Jason Gaimbi, Barry Bonds
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Randy Moss is one, if not the most, amazing and gifted wide receivers who ever played the game, and is still a FUCKTARD[/b
HKO

How about a "twofer": Jason Gaimbi, Barry Bonds

Can't make a list of Fucktard athletes without  Terell Owens and Randy Johnson*

* probably not a Fucktard but I had to throw a Yankee in this discussion somewhere
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't believe what I heard today about this story.  There is talk that they may still pay him for the year, and NOT deny him some signing bonus money that was conditional under this type of situation (getting hurt doing something you agreed NOT to do), because they are worried that it might make him mad and he may leave after this season for a different team.

How long are they going to keep catering to these over-priced over-hyped assholes, keeping ticket prices sky high??  I used to keep baseball as my last hold-out for major league sports, but not anymore.  Especially when I found out that if Roger Clemens is not scheduled in the rotation to pitch during a road trip, he DOESN'T HAVE TO GO!!  Unbelievable!!  Doesn't even have to go with the team.  

It's no wonder people hate pro sports anymore.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I can't believe what I heard today about this story.  There is talk that they may still pay him for the year, and NOT deny him some signing bonus money that was conditional under this type of situation (getting hurt doing something you agreed NOT to do), because they are worried that it might make him mad and he may leave after this season for a different team.

How long are they going to keep catering to these over-priced over-hyped assholes, keeping ticket prices sky high??  I used to keep baseball as my last hold-out for major league sports, but not anymore.  Especially when I found out that if Roger Clemens is not scheduled in the rotation to pitch during a road trip, he DOESN'T HAVE TO GO!!  Unbelievable!!  Doesn't even have to go with the team.  

It's no wonder people hate pro sports anymore.

+1

I agree. I think the tide is beginning to turn against pro athletes and their teams.
I love Football, I also follow Hockey, NASCAR and now Baseball ( GO NATS! ) but it gets tiring hearing all these punk ass clowns making a gazillion dollars and acting like thugs,cry babies, etc.
I think that is why NASCAR's popularity has grown so much, because people have become disenfranchised with the other professional sports. I'm beginning to feel that way myself.
At least I'm not a season ticket holder, or else I'd be really pissed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Far from being a fucktard.
Now Alex Rodriguez....

Quoted:
Can't make a list of Fucktard athletes without Randy Johnson*

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

HKO

Ken Griffey Jr.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Ron Mexico
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Ron Mexico

LOL @ the sublime

they shouldn't pay him! he's a complete dumbass. A WARRIOR, MY ASS! in this case, the apple fell far from the tree. Sr. was THE MAN!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Jason Witten > Kellen Winslow
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#27]
I won't wish bad karma on anyone, but I haven't forgotten when he went ape after Univ of Tennessee SHOCKED Miami in their house a few years ago.

It was a REAL discredit to his father , who was and is a class act.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Jason Witten > Kellen Winslow

NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

Witten rocks and makes KW look like cotton candy.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
What a frickin' retard!

+ 100000000000000000000000000000000

Sure am glad I don't pay money for that shit.  All you "PSL" holders feelin good about your purchase?

Scott
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#30]
It could be possible that his only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others

Paraphrased from despair.com' "mistakes" poster
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Awww geeez with the Cuyahoga river picture.  That was 36 years ago.  Get some new material.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It could be possible that his only purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others

Or maybe MTV's "Jackass"

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His daddy isn't so great, espn.go.com/ncf/s/2001/0501/1189879.html
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll chime in that his father was and still is one class act-too bad the kid is completely classless.

My vote for fucktard?

Barry Bonds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top