Its easy. Just ask any liberal.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
because they can only see as far into the future as the next election
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop your complaining, or it's off to the camps with you!  

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#5]
1.  The don't have a grasp of simple economics and don't understand "Ponzi schemes".

2.  They are liberal Democrats who believe that higher taxes are the answer to any budgetary problem.

3.  They are old and selfish.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:12:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Easy. If you're a Democrat, and your only motivation or goal in politics is to stymie your enemies who beat you like a red-headed stepchild in elections.

There's not really much more to it than that.  Anyone with a grain of sense can see the essential problem of SS.  Hell, even the closing chapter in AL FRANKEN's book "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Other Observations", published in 1995 or so, concurs with Republicans and Bush about reforming or saving it before it screws over young people who supported it throughout their lives. The last chapter is devoted to the issue.  But now that Republicans are in charge, there is no problem with social security at all?

Why do they play these games?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I love the AARP "scare the grey-hairs" commericals.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#8]
It should have been left alone when it had a surplus.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
WELFARE MENTALITY

That's how.

I find it a painful irony that if I tried the same scam on my neighbors, I would go to jail for fraud and using the Mail to commit fraud, etc etc. but Uncle Sam can do it, and it's a sacred cow.

Man that pisses me off.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#10]
If Bush fixes SS they'll look bad.

If SS tanks they can blame it on him for not taking action.

Therefore, they are playing politics with money that is confiscated from me which I will probably never see.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:25:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Good question.  It should be phased out - let the free market take care of retirement.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
SS has been bankrupt for a long time.
look at it this way.  SS is part of the general fund.
the general fund is in a deficit.  therefore there SS has no money.
at this point we are just robbing peter to pay paul.

what you have to do is take all SS funds collected and put them in one big account then pay out of that account.  don't let anyone or anything steal from that account.  invest the remainder and draw interest on the investment which are paid back to the account.

this is the only way to "Fix"  SS.
and we have to do it before the Baby boomers begin to retire and pull out their 401Ks because when they start doing that the stock market will crash.  you think 29 was bad.  this will be BAD!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
this is the only way to "Fix"  SS

The government providing retirement to the general population is a *bad idea*.  At best it's very inefficient and at worst it's another source of money (power) for corrupt politicians.  Let it die a horrible death or, preferably, phase it out.  The free market of capitalism would be most effective in providing retirement options.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Just give me all the Fucking money I paid into it and let me handle it on my own.

I don't need to pay anybody to Fuck me.

My wife does it for free.....
(or at least used to).
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It's simple:

When you pay NO income tax except for FICA and Earned Income Credit refunds you more than you paid in, the answer is simple. You have no money to invest and you plan on taking far more from the system than you ever put into it.

I guess I should just quit my job and let .gov support me
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:14:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Social Security will be an urban legend by the time our gemeration is old enough to use it anyway, so I say fuck it.  i pay into the syustem because I have to, but I have other measures in place to have a nest egg upon which to land when my goverment forgets about me at age 65.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
but I have other measures in place to have a nest egg upon which to land when my goverment forgets about me at age 65.  

yeah, me too, it's called a "gun" and a fast car to ol' mejico...hahahahahaha

it's amazing to me that bush made a move to actually fix social security and all the dumbocrats have to do is criticise and tear him down without offering ANY alternative and bush is painted as the bad guy!!! and the american people are swallowing it!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top