Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 11:24:50 PM EDT
Like it?
Hate it?

How 'bout those cool buttons on Darth Vader's outfit!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
you are new at polls huh....ho bout the option "havent seen it yet"
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I was kind of thinking that those who haven't seen it yet wouldn't really be responding to the thread called "what did you think of . . . "
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The love story was horrible.  "I love you sooo much!" "I love you sooo much too!" They could have gotten the same results w/o the 2 actors trying to act like they were in love.

Yoda is one baaaaaaad 'lil frog-type creature. Kicks ass he does. Much insight has he.

Sometimes it seemed like there was so much action going on the, I couldn't focus. Lots of blurry background stuff.

I think I'll have BBQ for lunch today in honor of the movie.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It was incredible. The Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite, but Revenge of the Sith is a very close second. Lucas totally redeemed himself! Lucas did an outstanding job of tying the loose ends.

Also, for those of you with kids that wanted to see it, I really didn't think that there was anything in the move that was traumatic. They show Anakin's burned body, but that was only for a couple of very short shots. There were a few kids that I saw in the theatre that were between 5 and 9. If I had a kid, then I'd probably take them to see it.

I give it 5 stars out of 4.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Liked the movie, but not the people just got done our premire about 1200 people. and a fucking 10 hour shift 5pm-3am star wars can blow me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was good. Superb special effects. That said, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman can not act. Period. Ewan McGregor left a lot to be desired at times. Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine and Samuel L. Jackson really made a difference. The script writers could have done better as well.

This one makes the disasters of Episodes 1 and 2 even more apparent. They should not have been as screwed up as they were.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:03:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Mother of all lightsaber battles!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was pretty good.  I left somewhat disappointed though, I guess I was hoping for more Mace Windu kicking ass or something.  I was somewhat letdown by his battle...  Was the Emp letting Mace win for awhile there to egg on Anakin, felt like it a bit to me but no-one I went with really thought so??

Kinda disappointed with the battle with Grievous too.  I found it strange that for the movie they made no mention of how Mace Windu damn near killed him in the Clone Wars Cartoons, they just left him limping around coughing without explaining it.  They should have included that scene in the movie, take all of 30 seconds and would have helped the movie some IMO>  His battle with Obi-Wan wasn't quite what I was hoping for...

I also didn't really like the way Anakin lost the battle, felt lame or something.  The Emperor's voice annoyed me at times too, they went a little overboard with his "evil voice".

But overall I liked it, lots of good action.  But I also liked the previous two movies too so...
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Where’s the Haven’t Seen it Yet button?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:12:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Lame script,

But keep in mind it was outlined when he was in HIGH SCHOOL. It should be immature. I enjoyed the special effects, as I did with the silly Jurassic Park films. It is amazing what can be put onscreen nowadays. I had one moment of satisfaction when Vader took his first 'aqua' breath. The rest of the stuff made me squirm with it's 6th grade speeches.

I am no fan of swords and scorcery, but it must be said LOTR is by far the best script of all the fantasy epics. Of course, both it and the Potter films have great book authors to outline the stories. That's something Star Wars, Star Trek and Matrix just didn't enjoy.

The Fantastic Four trailer looks great! Cya at the movies.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:20:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I also didn't really like the way Anakin lost the battle, felt lame or something.  

But overall I liked it, lots of good action.  But I also liked the previous two movies too so...

That was teh mother of all lightsaber battles and Anakin got PWNED!  They tore thru that seperatist base every which way.  I mean, dayum, Obi Wan didn't even get scratched!

That space battle at the beginning rocked.  Gotta admit, Ewan McGregor has come along way from Blackhawk Down and Trainspotting.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite, but Revenge of the Sith is a close second. Lucas totally redeemed himself! Lucas did an outstanding job of tying the loose ends.

ditto
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:28:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I was kind of thinking that those who haven't seen it yet wouldn't really be responding to the thread called "what did you think of . . . "

Well we might want to know what its like!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well we might want to know what its like!!!

OK, so participating in the poll isn't for those of you who haven't seen it; and if you want to know what it is like, check out the poll results and the posts in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Easily the 2nd best Star Wars, close to Empire.  Portman can't act, Anakin did a hell of alot better than I was expecting (menacing scowl!).  The emperor was spot on.

Wookie fight kicked ass, and yes I was one of the geeks who cried out when the Jedi were getting slayed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I thought the coolest was fighting with four lightsabers at once.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#17]
WHOOPS!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Look at the times and see who's was posted first.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:47:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Look at the times and see who's was posted first.

[Yoda]Dupe elsewhere I will.[/Yoda]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I just finished watching episode 3 this morning, followed by episode 4 this afternoon. So what happened to all of Vader's saber skills? He and Obi Wan fight like a pair of wusses in episode 4. No flipping or spinning of sabers.

I guess all that robotic stuff got the best of him.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#21]
damn good flick, didnt vote best ever, but it's probably the best Star Wars episode.  Tied up all the loose ends.   Poor Darth Vader got his legs cut off.  Yoda kicked some serious ass too, for a while
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
it's probably the best Star Wars episode.  Tied up all the loose ends.

I agree. I liked how it wrapped everything up, and the special effects were very good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I thought it was good. Superb special effects. That said, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman can not act. Period. Ewan McGregor left a lot to be desired at times. Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine and Samuel L. Jackson really made a difference. The script writers could have done better as well.

This one makes the disasters of Episodes 1 and 2 even more apparent. They should not have been as screwed up as they were.

I disagree with your first paragraph (I think Hayden was decent, and Natalie did about the same... Ewan was amazing- think about it, he acted like Alec Guinness while standing in front of a bluescreen and doing physical stuff...)

But the part I highlighted in red is absolutely true and a good assessment. I know that this arc had to be a bit different than the first one... But Ep. III just highlighted the deficiencies in the first 2.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I just finished watching episode 3 this morning, followed by episode 4 this afternoon. So what happened to all of Vader's saber skills? He and Obi Wan fight like a pair of wusses in episode 4. No flipping or spinning of sabers.

I guess all that robotic stuff got the best of him.

Do you really want to see ANOTHER version of Star Wars where Lucas completely digitally redoes the fight scenes with flipping and Force pushes???  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Had to vote "B" because of the poor range of poll choices...

It clearly wasn't The best movie ever!!, but I thought it was more than just "good."
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#26]
They made Darth Vader and indecisive, whiny pussy.

Dialogue was written by hacks or George Lucas (pick one).

Storyline was weak.

The Emperor wasn't nearly as impressive as in Return of the Jedi.

The movie sucked.

Didn't stop me from going to the midnight showing the night it opened, though.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Had to vote "B" because of the poor range of poll choices...

It clearly wasn't The best movie ever!!, but I thought it was more than just "good."

Sorry. I guess I intended the "good" choice to be rather enthusiastic. Maybe it should have been "GOOD!"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They made Darth Vader and indecisive, whiny pussy.

The Emperor wasn't nearly as impressive as in Return of the Jedi.

Didn't stop me from going to the midnight showing the night it opened, though.  

Well, remember they all have 20 years to hone their evil-ness...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#30]
how about a vote for "Big Fucking Deal" on star wars?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#31]
That opening fleet battle was the best I've ever seen, bar none. Amazing special effects there.

I'd give it an B+/A-  but not as good as any of the LOTR series. Easily the best of  Episodes 1, 2 or 3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top