Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 10:53:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Spray it down the sink while running the water, then wrap the container in a plastic bag and put it in the trash. Write something down about disposing of it. That sounds official enough.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
find thug: use as per label

that oughtta suffice!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
fire
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone's face?

That reminds me, I've always wanted to make some kind of automatic pepper spray dispenser.  Like, mounted by a window, say, and hooked into the alarm system so if the window opens when armed the intruder gets a face full of pepper spray.  Or even remote control units out in the yard where you could give just a little whif to people walking through your yard after they've been told not to (for example ) Just some kind of holder you'd put a regular can into with a solenoid to push the button.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:12:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Someone's face?

That reminds me, I've always wanted to make some kind of automatic pepper spray dispenser.  Like, mounted by a window, say, and hooked into the alarm system so if the window opens when armed the intruder gets a face full of pepper spray.  Or even remote control units out in the yard where you could give just a little whif to people walking through your yard after they've been told not to (for example ) Just some kind of holder you'd put a regular can into with a solenoid to push the button.

Gazillion dollar idea...

Put me down for the lawn gadget.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Put it in your food.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Use it for "training" and spray the newb's.

"come here new boot!!! Its time to train"
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Someone's face? hat) Just some kind of holder you'd put a regular can into with a solenoid to push the button.

easily done my friend, kinda expensive though.

link

i've never seen or used this but it does look like fun until you have a ND
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Stray dogs/cats in your yard? Carefully placed canisters you can pop with a pellet gun as the stray comes by would be great.
 Shooting them at an outdoor range could be fun too.

I know, not official, but still fun.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I can barely stand OC as a condiment as long as I have milk to drink fast with it. Oddly, water doesn't help.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Someone's face?

easily done my friend, kinda expensive though.

link

i've never seen or used this but it does look like fun until you have a ND

Sweet!! Gotta get me some of those.  Knowing me I'll stick just make my own

If I was a bachelor, I would definitely set something like this up around the house.  But I KNOW that thing is going to malfunction and spray my 4 year old kid when he decides to open his window up at night or my stuff malfunctions.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Gather them together and place a couple bottles of tannerite in the middle.   Problem solved, officially gone.   Step away from the resulting cloud.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:06:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can barely stand OC as a condiment as long as I have milk to drink fast with it. Oddly, water doesn't help.

Thats not odd, thats just the way it works.

Milk works because it has something to do with the fat in the milk, water obviously doesnt have fat in it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not odd, thats just the way it works.

Milk works because it has something to do with the fat in the milk, water obviously doesnt have fat in it.

Capsaicin is soluble in fat and alcohol, but not water. However, once it latches on to your taste buds, it doesn't really want to let go.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:45:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Send your  expired stuff to the basic school to be expended on the recruits during their OC familiarization training.Do you guys not use it that often that you have anything more than an occasional canisiter that needs disposal? Around here it gets disposed of by rotating the canisters by using it up on people!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:47:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Re-label as Patchoulli Body Spray and advertise on DU.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:59:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Re-label as Patchoulli Body Spray and advertise on DU.  

I like it. Or sell it to them as a new spicy food seasoning to be applied Liberal-ly
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Just find some hippies and hose 'em down.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:02:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Probably won't  find much, I don't think its a "HAZMAT" is it.  There may be a what is that form frm chemical manufacturers called, tells you all of its properties, how to store or dispose of it.  having a brain fart right now.  the only thing I remeber is its called " The employees right to know....."
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Ask the chief how he disposes of pepper at home.............................

Typical "I'm in charge, I want someone else to decide how to do things..................". Thanx chief.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#21]
+1 for 'spray it on your food.....'

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#22]
just do the typical .gov 3 year study on how to dispose of it and then have a hazmat day when you collect them all and give them to as disposal company costing $800 each can for proper certified disposal

same thing here for hard drives
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Be a man, fill up a glass and take swig.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#24]
We use to shoot them at the range.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Contact the manufacturere and arrange for them to take it back for recycling.

I would rather you spray hippies.

You could give them to the post office for their official use.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:17:02 AM EDT
[#26]
I don't think we've ever had that problem around here

But then again I can remember when our "official police firing range" was the back of a pond dam on Sonny Wilson's salvage yard...ah, the good old days!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Someone's face?

Some one use to make one that had a pull pin like a handgernade with a trip wire attached.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:57:31 AM EDT
[#28]
1. Find some bushes behind the PD.
2. Spray can until empty.
3. Dispose of can by placing in approved waste container.
4. Make sure to send out e-mail telling everyone where the "no-go" area is located

That is the exact procedure we use, and when we recently changed OC brands, Supply about wore out some buches behind the station. OC in defense sprays is almost always food grade stuff, and there is nothing toxic about it. If you want the official scoop, contact your Environmental safety/OSHA folks and they will likely tell you the same thing.

Unless you are carrying the really big OC projectors, you have no real idea how much OC is left after you have made a deployment, so we always swap for new cans after we have used any from the old can. CAPSTUN used to have a bar on their containers, and you could theoretically float it in a cup of water to get an approximation of how much OC was left, but CAPSTUN on held about 3 shots, and one burst usually used half a can, so the feature was essentially worthless, as any deployment used up too much OC. It really sucked when you ran out of OC and NEEDED more.

I also like the idea of using them for training, and next time I swap cans, I'll practice on a standard pistol target instead of just spraying the flower beds.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Probably won't  find much, I don't think its a "HAZMAT" is it.  There may be a what is that form frm chemical manufacturers called, tells you all of its properties, how to store or dispose of it.  having a brain fart right now.  the only thing I remeber is its called " The employees right to know....."

That's MSDS. Material Safety Data Sheet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top