Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/18/2005 2:22:46 PM EDT
I know it sounds parnoid, but I can't shake the feeling that my ex may try or is planning to do me in. I'm normally not paranoid, but I really can now see her doing it, or trying.

I sleep with my Kimber in my bed where my hand normally touches when on my back. I have no fear of an ND in bead, & I slept with it like this many months now. If I wake up I instantly reach for it to make sure it's accessable.

I know, I know. "little paranoid?" well yeah, I guess so. But just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean their not out to get me.

Have you ever felt like someone was out to get/kill you? If so did they?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know it sounds parnoid, but I can't shake the feeling that my ex may try or is planning to do me in. I'm normally not paranoid, but I really can now see her doing it, or trying.

I sleep with my Kimber in my bed where my hand normally touches when on my back. I have no fear of an ND in bead, & I slept with it like this many months now. If I wake up I instantly reach for it to make sure it's accessable.

I know, I know. "little paranoid?" well yeah, I guess so. But just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean their not out to get me.

Paranoia is the highest form of awareness, but living in fear will kill you early. Get a dog, some motion lights and an alarm system. Screw the Kimber, have the AR nearby.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Paranoia is the highest form of awareness.

Nicely put.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]

If you kill her first, you won't be paranoid anymore!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, during my divorce.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]
They are all trying to kill you.  They are trying to kill me to.

I gotta go, someone is at the door, I'm sure it's them.......  

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes, during my divorce.

And what came of it?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
When I broke up with my latest ex-GF the Psycho Nurse, I was convinced that she was capable of physical violence despite all her protestations to the contrary.  Could she have killed me?  I didn't stick around long enough to find out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you kill her first, you won't be paranoid anymore!

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
If it would make you sleep any better, do a walk-around of your place and ask yourself how you would break in if someone was of a mind to do so.

Anything in particular givin ya the heebie jeebies?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, during my divorce.

And what came of it?

She told me that she would shoot me. Several times. Would not be alone with her, I moved into an apartment complex with gates and security (and she still got in). I caught her a couple of times tailing me. After a while she calmed down.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I at one time thought the HORDES were after me, every night I put my head down. Come to find out I was right, all the Viet Cong and the NVA WERE after me while I was in Nam!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#12]
More like the other way around.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I the only one who turns off the lights and approaches the window from the side before opening the blinds?

Or disables the interior light before opening the car door?

You know, just in case someone is waiting to shoot your silhouette?

As for suspecting someone was out to kill me, I didn't suspect; I knew. Fortunately, everything turned out okay and the experience made me decide to get my CCW ASAP.

Four years later, I'm still waiting and growing more and more pissed that I can buy a rifle or shotgun, drive, start a family, join the military, and vote for the leader of the most powerful nation in the world but I can't carry a fucking pistol to protect myself until I'm 21.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who turns off the lights and approaches the window from the side before opening the blinds?

As for suspecting someone was out to kill me, I didn't suspect; I knew. Fortunately, everything turned out okay and the experience made me decide to get my CCW ASAP.

Four years later, I'm still waiting and growing more and more pissed that I can buy a rifle or shotgun, drive, start a family, join the military, and vote for the leader of the most powerful nation in the world but I can't carry a fucking pistol to protect myself until I'm 21.

Nope. I do the same. I also stay in my truck until the garage door closes and watch the mirrors to make sure no one sneaks in.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep.  Due to my complaint being one of the last dozen or so against a certain officer before he was fired for gross incompetence, I was (and still am, to some extent) a bit paranoid any time I happen to see him around town.

That said, the cop in question was a dumbassed punk kid who made enemies out of the rest of his department, as well as pretty much the entire sherrif's department, and the local highway patrol people as well.  I think he'd go after them before remembering me.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:37:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Someone did kill me once.... but that was a long time ago...it all worked out in the end.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:37:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. I do the same. I also stay in my truck until the garage door closes and watch the mirrors to make sure no one sneaks in.

+1

I'm sure we're forgetting a lot of things like not closing you're eyes when you shampoo your hair.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:37:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
If it would make you sleep any better, do a walk-around of your place and ask yourself how you would break in if someone was of a mind to do so.

I have something she says she wants. I don't really believe it tho as she has only visited him 4 times in the last 10 months. Also she did a 180 on all her personal paradihms before she left me, & is now living with folks I feel are of dubious charecter. I'm a sad/afraid to say it, but she now scares me.

I also suspect she was setting me up for a burning bed incadent before she left me. Suddenly she had to know & understand how to load  use all the pistols I could never get her interested in before then.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Someone did kill me once.... but that was a long time ago...it all worked out in the end.

You're supposed to say "but I got better".
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have something she says she wants. I don't really believe it tho as she has only visited him 4 times in the last 10 months. Also she did a 180 on all her personal paradihms before she left me, & is now living with folks I feel are of dubious charecter. I'm a sad/afraid to say it, but she now scares me.

I also suspect she was setting me up for a burning bed incadent before she left me. Suddenly she had to know & understand how to load  use all the pistols I could never get her interested in before then.

Holy shit...
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I at one time thought the HORDES were after me, every night I put my head down. Come to find out I was right, all the Viet Cong and the NVA WERE after me while I was in Nam!!!

I'd say you were pretty justified in your feelings! Thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

*sharpens his sword*

What was your address again?
There can be only one!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#24]
"They are trying to kill me"
"They are trying to kill everyone!"
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Doesn't she actively browse this board?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

From your avatar I would guess, you died in boot camp & were born again as a Marine! Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Once.  A guy was desperately trying to break into my car during a road rage incident.  He was found guilty of criminal threatening in front of the judge but a jury found him not guilty on appeal.  I guess he lucked out and got the OJ jury.  I'm sure they would have found a pedophile not guilty even if they saw a video of him putting his penis in a boys mouth.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Doesn't she actively browse this board?

She told me she would stay off, & I'm not concerned if she reads this. I already told I think she is out to cause me harm. She jsut looked at me, you know in that spooky, you have no idea way. gulp
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Searched - it could be that suddenly she realizes just what she gave up (your son) in the divorce, or that she is getting whacked on drugs/booze and going through highs and lows.

If she EVER makes any comments that could be construed as thretening, or starts "stalking" you or hanging out near the house, call the police and report it - every single time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From your avatar I would guess, you died in boot camp & were born again as a Marine! Semper Fi!

Kill!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#31]
I kinda liked the dog idea. It's not like you need a huge hound or anything...the smaller ones often times suffice as a good audio alarm.  Maybe something in the 40 pound range. Big enough to make somebody think twice, good-sized bark, but won't eat you out of house and home.  Dogs do need good exercise and training, though, so if you're not in a position right now to tackle those responsibilities I'd wait until you are.

I'm sorry to hear about your ex. I was hoping she'd get more rational as time progressed.

Kevin
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Yes.

And no they didn't.  Well, I'm pretty sure they didn't.  

And to repeat one of my favorite quotes:

When all else fails, paranoia will keep you alive.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#33]
any chance she may try to kill you in the shower
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I've been in two knife fights so I'd say yeah, someone was trying to kill me. And I am such a nice guy, too.

From the way she is acting Searcher, I'd be suspicious she is into meth or crack. Any indication of that? Both can make people paraniod and psychotic. Bad mix.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#35]
I had no reason to believe anyone was out to get me............til I was shot once in the back by an unknown assailant armed with a Mini14 from 65 yards away. But nothing to report in the last several years .....I have to say .223remington feels like getting hit with baseball bat...weilded by a sasquatch lol
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I had no reason to believe anyone was out to get me............til I was shot once in the back by an unknown assailant armed with a Mini14 from 65 yards away. But nothing to report in the last several years .....I have to say .223remington feels like getting hit with baseball bat...weilded by a sasquatch lol

how did you know it was a mini?   did I forget to pick up the brass       just kidding... screwed up story man, that is fawked.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Keep a video camera and a tape recorder around at all times.   DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT ! ! !

And, always remember this:

Two to the chest and one to head is good, BUT......

Two to the head is better.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#38]

They did  

But I got better  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#39]
That Hadji with the RPG aimed at my truck looked serious enough.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#40]
damn....reminds me of my soon to be Ex....'cept i got all her threats recorded..the dumbass left them on my voicemail, now it's in the lawyers hands....she knows and she is playing nice now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Just because you're paranoid, it does not mean they aren't out to get you.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I have had a few death threats, does that count?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
any chance she may try to kill you in the shower

I thought if she hired some one to kill me, that is a very vaunerable 15 minutes of my day.

She has never threathend me out right, it's more of just a feeling I have been getting for a while now. Hard to explaine. If something does happen to me at least I have said something & you guys can turn this in as evidence of I don't know what. Maybe my suspicions?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#44]
What is it that she says she wants to bad?

Just secure your house, and you'll be fine.  Motion lights help, as well as a big, mean fuckin' dog.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Keep a video camera and a tape recorder around at all times.   DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT ! ! !

And, always remember this:

Two to the chest and one to head is good, BUT......

Two to the head is better.

If you get a girlfriend don't forget to turn it off!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#46]
The only person trying to kill me is ....... well me, Mostly doing stupid shit , But that don't mean you should forget..............................................................

EVEN PARANOIDS HAVE ENEMIES!!!  

Bonus point for who said it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

It couldn't have been a mini 14. Unless he was aiming at the guy next to you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#48]
yep a few times,1st was getting stabbed in the guts with a sharpened phipplips screw driver,said he was going to kill me,2nd got shot at and he wanted to kill all of us,3rd getting a tomahawk axe split my mates arm open because he jumped in the way of the blow and cut his arm to the bone,fucking brother and his gang member mates,Army another story
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

in tx you can buy a rifle & shot gun at 18.  you can drive at 16, you shouldnt want to start a family before then because yuo cant support them, and you can join the military at 18.   how old are you?   and yes i turn off the interior light in my truck....i tinted my windows too
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:18:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I live in fear of a guy at work that I caught stealing one time but didn't report. If he ever gets caught I know he is going to think I turned him in and I know he will try to get revenge. He is a hot-headed fool when he is sober and really nasty when drunk. I am getting my ccw mainly because of him. He is continuing his theft(large amounts of money involved) and I want to turn him in so bad it hurts but he scares the hell out of me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top