Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not wish to discuss it on an interent forum.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
MallNinjaMuzzleflash,   you have a great style of writing,  did you know that?

CJ

Yeah, but apparently I'm a troll.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
We did not want to make any more improvised shape charges, and did not want to return the C4 to the armory, so we dug a hole and put the last full satchel charge in it. Then on top of the hole a 3 in thick plate of steel. I  pulled the ignitor and got in the bunker. Boom! cool !  nice crator about 10 ft wide. Our Lt is looking all around and yells do you see any air craft? Range control just put an imediate cease fire on our range due to radar contact! We all freeze and look slowly up.....

Men run screaming like girls in every direction as that 3x3 foot smokin hot plate of steel soars down upon us from above.... It had ripped about in 1/2 and was spinning like a boat prop on its way back down... It was funny as shit cuz nobody got squashed, but we had no idea that a 20 lb satchel  would put about 1min 30 second of hang time on a 600 lb piece of steel.

Oho yeah.... we set up targets next ,and filled a 100 lb roll of barbed wire with 8 - 1 1/4 lb blocks of C4. waaay too much we found out
Boom!
Well hell! we said to each other( none of the target set about thirty yards from the improvised device fell) But as we got closer we realized they did not fall because the wire had been pulverizes so fine that the targets all had  blanketing punctures head to belly, and looked like a map of the stars when held against the sun.

And I got paid to do all this! USMC 0351 Anti tank assault ( I made all the bad things on the battlefield dissapear.)
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...Our Lt is looking all around and yells do you see any air craft? Range control just put an imediate cease fire on our range due to radar contact! We all freeze and look slowly up.....

lmfao, priceless.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I had explosives training in the military, no free play though.  

But...

Don't try this at home........I am a professional  

I used to cut the end off of a 12 gauge shotgun shell and empty the shot.  Then I would tape a heavy marble over the primer, then toss high into the air so it would land on the pavement.

KABOOM!!  That'll wake the neighbors.  

{I always wondered if I had left the shot in, would it make a poor man's hand grenade}
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
OOOOOoooooo....This one time, in High School. three of us, nitro-sulpher-glycerin, nobody actually lost a hand, but I 'm sure that the one guy still has scars.

- Used to spend my summers with family in S. Utah.  One time, while the adults were at work,  my cousin got a 5lb can of "old" powder from the reloading room and emptied it out in a pile, about 50 yards out in the hay field behind the house. Then he shot the pile from the back porch, with a .222. Blew out two windows on the back of the house and one on the side. The three of us spent a couple of days out shooting varmits and collecting bounties to pay off the window replacement.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Bah, mine sucks, but was funny none the less.

Friend and I bought the exploding targets (yah, real deadly).  He doubles it up and we go down to the shooting station.

He fires his 222 and hits the target.  Milding pop from the tiny explosion.  Me chuckle a bit and look back and see that he set the range on fire.   (They lie the range with woodchips).   Nothing bad, but took us a few minutes to hose it down.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Biggest thing I ever got into was making "firecrackers" out of C02 cartridges and gunpowder and cannon fuse. I used JB weld to form a water tight seal around the fuse and the cartridge.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I shot propane tanks!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ordnance:

Me:             M-80 and a lighter.
My buddy:  Snapple bottle and cap for it.

Me:             Light M-80. Drop in Snapple bottle.
My Buddy:  Put cap on Snapple bottle and throw
Both:          DUCK!

BOOOM!

Rinse, repeat.

ETA: that was 15 years ago.
Now we just discharge firearms at dangerous paper targets, and hostile clays.

Now thats retarded.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#12]
WEll, I could start with trash bags, canon fuse, and Acetylene/Oxygen... we filled a small "five gallon" bag about half full, placed it under a lawn mower trailer (one a lawnmower can pull) trailer suddenly became a flatbed, and landed on the garage... dad comes out, shakes head... goes back inside....

BTW, if you are stupid enough to do this.. wear ear protection (ear muffs and plugs) and a paintball mask.  and body armor.... and anything else you can think of... static electricity is constant danger. I had some friends go half deaf from this trick.
Ilke the sound of the milk jug underwater though.. a lot safer.

Luckily we never went through with our plan to take mini cylinders in the corect ratio(five oxygen to one acetylene?), and open them and throw them all into a (plastic painters "drop cloth" which had been formed into a bag with duct tape to make a 10 meter cube).)  and run away while it filled slowly...

Then shoot the steel plate behind it (or inside it) with a high power rifle with steel case bullets  from NOT FAR ENOUGH AWAY

Don't try this at home.. we didn't, and we are still here to talk about not doing it.

or....

small 6000 PSI liquid He3 tank obtained from obsolete 1940's nuclear research lab, free

1 pound black powder, 1 pound smokeless, one pound thermite (Fe2O3 +AL), a half pound magnesium powder and two feet of canon fuse.. $60 (or more)

Getting your friend to donate his broke down shot up sub compact car for the halloween festivities....

Priceless.

You see all those cars on TV, where Israel shoots some terrorists with a  helicopter ...pahetic by comparison!

It did not sound like much, as we cowered behind the earth berm...a dull thump, hollow sounding. Almost a dud! (we thought) yawn... time to check the damage...

but later inspection revealed a car that looked like it had been peeled like a bannana. It literaly ripped the car in half.   shifted the axels over a foot, even though the tires were already flat.

that car got sold for scrap metal.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
All thermite does is melt from a brick into red hot slag, it's purpose in that case served..?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#14]
BTW: We were in an improvised munitions class when we got to " Dispose" of the last thirty lbs of C4 and TNT,  It was almost sun set, and while we were "playing ".... Marines play verry verry rough  I tend to think of those days before the first Gulf war as a freak of timing.... we would go to a range and have ordered 900lbs of various explosives.... we would arrive to see them delivering 2000+ lbs of ordinance. It was like an all you could blow up festival. The eight of us training made some insane explosive daisy chains and went well past the 50 lb limit on individual blasts. Good old days
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:55:23 AM EDT
[#15]
thermite does not necisarily just burn. In a container (especialy a 6000 PSI container), it can explode just like any other pyrotechnic devise. In fact, it is quite easy to make a "thermite bomb" just increase the ammount of oxidizer, and make the ingredients a fine powder. BOOM!
In this form it doesn't even require a massively strong container.  It does help though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.birch.net/~bkelley/video/crimebucket0.avi
www.birch.net/~bkelley/video/crimebucket1.avi

Holy shit wtf was in there a ton of fireworks?

Yes but they key is  launching them into the air and getting them to all go off at once.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:55:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Add one lit match from a distance which is far far far away.  Voila! A mushroom cloud and a removal of that pesky, newly aquired facial hair.

It's true

I got a version of that with my grandparents hard to light gas grill (which is an abomination before god. Charcoal or nothing!) I believe my dad was holding my beer.

Spade *pushing the button a lot*: Hey, why isn't this damn thing lighting?
Spade's dad: Don't lean over that in case...

*FOOM*

Amateurs.

Get a charcoal grill going pretty good--down to glowing coals but NO open flame.

Pour in about 2 cups of gasoline...see the pretty, billowing white smoke.  Make sure you stay UPWIND.

Stand back--light and toss match into cloud.

Fa-WHOOMP!  

Voila! Fuel-Air Explosive.

I'm guilty of that one as well.  Did it in high school with some friends after work one night.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, I should preface this with some background.

My dad was having major prostate trouble, difficulty sleeping at night, and having a hellofatime (TM).

At the same time, the new neighbors were having loud parties all hours of the night.  I was falling asleep in high school, my parents were wound up tight, and even my little sister complained about "the music laughing people."

My parents had spoken with the couple and the guy basically told us to fuck off.

Cops were called, but the partiers had a scanner and were able to close up shop before they arrived each time.

So one night, I had enough.

Now, I was a rather fortunate 16 year old, because I had in my possession some wonderful creations made by a local guy.   He called them M-500s, and they were sweet!  Figure a tube about 80% the size of a toilet paper roll center, with a center fuse and a crap load of that silvery flash bang powder packed in there.   At the junkyard, lighting these off in the center of a car would always blow out the windows and often blew the doors open.   Set on a paved street, they would create a crater going down 4 or 5 inches into the pavement.

I took my device outside, at about 3:00 am.  The neighbors party was in full swing.  They were outside making tons of noise.   So I lit the monstrous bomb.   And I held it.   And held it.   And held it until the burning fuse was frightening close to entering the hull and blowing my fucking hands off.    Then I lobbed this monstrous bastard up over the neighbors party.  

Skyburst.

All of the sodium lights in the nighborhood went "off" based on their light sensors, the flash was so bright.  

Neighbors from all over the area were coming out, and they all blamed the explosion:   On the new party neighbors, who of course denied everything.

I crept back to bed, and heard my father out on the porch talking with another neighbor.  Even he had no clue I had done it.   (I kept my fireworks well hidden in the cellar and never used them in my own nighborhood).

The police, this time, could not ignore all of the complaints.   When they came to investigate, one of the more intoxicated party-goers decided it would be fun to assault one of the officers.  

It did not turn out as he might have hoped.  

The people moved a couple of months later.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#19]
M1000
Wet the ground.
Placed a 50 gallon drum without the lid upside down on the wet asphault
Placed M1000 in the middle and lit the fuse
Ran like hell
Drum launched over the warehouse facility
Nearly pee'd me pants from laughter

M1000
Dodge Caravan "Front clip"
Insert M1000 into dash and light fuse
Take cover
Car parts all over the parking lot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Where is that fish-headed Star Wars dude?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#21]
My own story, since you gents have been so obliging with your hair-raising and funny
tales...

4 JUL 2000  - (so this was not exactly in my youth; I was 35 when I did this), I had a huge number of bottle (and larger) rockets, jumping jacks, firecrackers, and other assorted objets de flam. I was launching them off of my future Brother-In-Law's roof - a downtown, rundown duplex in a crummy, industrial area of town. We got tired of shooting off onesies and twosies, so Bob has this terrific idea - "Let's just put them in the giant tube of shotgun powder, there's only a couple if inches left."

Good thinking.

We threw every last firework we had into the 8" diam. tube - it was packed in loosely. I perched a string of jumping jacks on the edge, estimating that the falling half would ignite the powder. Little did I suspect what was coming.

I lit the fuse and ran 35 feet (judging from the stories you guys are telling, this was not far enough by half if things went awry).

We hunched near a car and watched the tragedy unfold... A giant column of fire 40 feet high flew from the tube, an exploding, crackling miasma of death! The whole neighborhood was lit like noon by this firestorm from hell.

When the raging sparks and blue gas hit the powerlines above, Bob said, "Oh God, we've gone... too far!" The conflagration went on for what seemed like hours… or days. In reality, it was something like seven seconds – the longest seven seconds of my life.

Suddenly, as if God's hand reached down to shut it off, the rocket engine of death, the Hellmouth, as it was later called, disappeared. Glowing embers and a couple of crackles are all that remained, and passing cars rendered numerous salutes with their horns. A gigantic cloud of smoke in the shape of a mushroom rolled into the clear Denver sky – I watched it grow in size and shape until it became, literally, a largish cumulus cloud hundreds of feet tall and wide.

We chuckled nervously, thankful that a passing Denver PD car didn’t pass by while the Hellmouth was yawning open. To this day, Bob and I whistfully remember the Hellmouth, and routinely say, “We gotta do that again,” shaking our heads at the memory.

We know we never will. We’re lucky we didn’t light the whole neighborhood on fire, burn down the powerlines (I believe that’s a Federal crime, as they are federally regulated), or kill anybody…

But it’s fun to think about, anyways!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Another fun thing that I used to do was screw a tin can onto a skate board and fill the can up with smokeless gunpowder.  Then bend the can to the point where it was just open enough and light it.  The skateboard would be shot down the road.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#23]
What is the statute of limitations?

I'll take the 5th.

Budding 12-year old chemist:

"Hold my orange soda and watch this...."
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#24]
C2H2 + O2 in a truck inner tube with 10 ft of fuse RTVed into the valve stem. Tube goes in a VW beetle. Lite fuse and get in trench app 50M out. Pre set vid cam rolling. Roof of the bug looks like the lunar mod lifting off.

+

Styrofoam mannequin fully clothed in winter garb. Set on a BQE pedestrian cross over bridge on the hand rail as if going to jump. Body is hollowed out for a black powder charge and a long fuse. Busy traffic underneath. Flaming bits of clothing and smoke drift thru the cold night air.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Just after getting fuel at a VERY busy and crowded gas station, I dropped a lit M-100 out the car  door and drove off ... everyone freaked, you basically had to have been there. Today I think they would arrest you for something like that. back in 1980, it was kinda cool.

When I went back in there the next day, The clerk knew we had done it. He was a very gay acting dude, with his hands on his hips he scolded us, saying: "ya know, that wasn't cute AT ALL !"
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:09:10 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I had explosives training in the military, no free play though.  

But...

Don't try this at home........I am a professional  

I used to cut the end off of a 12 gauge shotgun shell and empty the shot.  Then I would tape a heavy marble over the primer, then toss high into the air so it would land on the pavement.

{I always wondered if I had left the shot in, would it make a poor man's hand grenade}

Jackass kids in Wyoming I knew used to do this in the street in front of my grandmothers house.  They weren't smart enough to take the shot out though.  Actually, not as much of a hazard as you might think since the expansion of the shell is not restricted by anything.

I knew guys that would throw a loose .22 round in the fire when you walked back into camp after hunting.  You sit your tired ass down next to the fire and "BOOM" it would scare the shit out of you.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Jackass kids in Wyoming I knew used to do this in the street in front of my grandmothers house.  They weren't smart enough to take the shot out though.  Actually, not as much of a hazard as you might think since the expansion of the shell is not restricted by anything.

I knew guys that would throw a loose .22 round in the fire when you walked back into camp after hunting.  You sit your tired ass down next to the fire and "BOOM" it would scare the shit out of you.

HEY Hey hey.  I used to be one of the jackass kids!!  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

We used to call em nutbusters.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Look up the term "cast shot"...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#30]
take a 22 shell, shove it in a straw, and throw by the end of the straw. it will fly a long ways, and when it hits a hard surface.... POW!

now take a handfull and throw all at one time!

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#31]
We had several thousand non-el blasting caps that got too old during a shutdown.  The SAFETY engineer decides to get rid of them by detonating them on the tailings impoundment.  Darwin proceeds to prime a few sticks and wrap them with the shock tubes.

The line of stick powder went off just as advertised........throwing the now-initiated non-els high into the air.

Can you say cluster-bomb?

IT was entertaining to watch......from an appropriate distance.

SRM
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:24:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Story related to me by a friend....

He worked a bodyshop for a summer. They would take the left over thinner from cleaning paint guns & dump it into a gallon can.  In a few short weeks they had some hazardous waste that needed disposal.  One nice April saturday my pal figures the appropiate way to dispose of the waste thinner properly was to set the gallon can infront of a lighted road flare and shoot his .308 into the can.

He reports the noise & mushroom cloud is impressive.  He also states it was pretty hecktic stomping out the fire in the woods from the resultant explosive fireball.  He mentioned that only about 1/2 acre of woods was lost to the fire
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top