Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/16/2005 7:59:05 PM EDT
yeah i have ran into quite a few weirdos. Lately i have noticed that many women in general have serious emotional issues

So last night i get this, "mike why dont you like to open up with me" (pause) "well you dont mind if i open up so we can be more comfortable"  

Then it hit, "you know the other night when i got really scared, well its because hearing those noises reminded me of when i was touched by a neighbor"

I was like "oh shit"

then it just kept coming, depression, eating disorders  and she seemed like such a nice girl. I feel really bad that all these girls growing up got messed with in the brain.

seems like all of them are damaged...

Then she said "oh but with you i feel really protected like how my dad use to protect me"
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Run !!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Hit it and quit it.  That one is nothin' but BAD trouble.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Then she said "oh but with you i feel really protected like how my dad use to protect me"

better then her saying   "...like how my dad use to fawk me"
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
seems like more baggage than O'hare sees in a week.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
At least she doesn't want to be a stripper....
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Hit it, but be gone before she wakes up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no such thing
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe that just the kind of girl YOU attract???

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Girlfriend #1 (high school):  Space aliens, ghosts, reincarnation
Girlfriend #4 (college):  Mental illness (hospitalized), suicide attempt as teen
Girlfriend # 7 (15 y ago):  molested
The rest just chose to keep their insanities to themselves.

Many people, men and women, are seriously "damaged".  They can still be good people, but some will make you miserable.  You just have to figure out what you can live with and without.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]
i'd recommend not getting involved with that, but if i really liked a girl i dont know what i'd do.

besides, if she really feels protected with you, abandoning her right after she opens up like that would probably make her feel realllllllllly shitty.

something to keep in mind.  maybe slowly move towards 'good friends'  and really try and be FRIENDS.  i woudlnt just bail and not talk to her though, its not her fault.  having someone to be there and be a good example of what good guys are like might have a very good and lasting effect on her self-esteem, etc.

goodluck.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Keep looking until you at least find an orphan.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]
[arfcom response]
Draw down on her and kick her to the curb!

You have the forum and beer that is all you need!

[/arfcom response]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#13]
You might as well get used to hear that and dealing with it.  I would say anywhere from 30% to 50% of the girls out there have a similar story either a neighbor molested them, a relative molested them, they got into a bad situation and were forced into having sex at age 13 or 14, or they were raped.  I've heard all of those repeatedly.

Comments that some people here make like "if there is grass on the field then they are ready to play ball" are a funny joke until you end up dating a girl that was pushed into having sex at age 13 and has been screwed up ever since.  These women are messed up by men that should know better.  But since they are usually older the girl is embarrassed to turn them in and usually if they do no one believes them anyway.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i'd recommend not getting involved with that, but if i really liked a girl i dont know what i'd do.

goodluck.

ahh i am already involved, i really like her and it hurt to hear about her FUBAR situation.  

My thing is see what happens when you open up?  people get scared...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Comments that some people here make like "if there is grass on the field then they are ready to play ball" are a funny joke until you end up dating a girl that was pushed into having sex at age 13 and has been screwed up ever since.  

I think God has a special corner of hell reserved for child molestors.

Actually, I'm pretty sure of it.

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#16]
One girl I went out with while in college told me she was a witch.  Believed in spells, vampires, and other nonsense.  Her parents were quite fond of me.  The gf said it was because I wan't like any of her other friends.  Anyway, shortly after I broke up with her I got into a wreck.  I joked that she put a spell on me.

Another I came very close to getting married, had major issues.  After the breakup she met another guy, married, and about five years quit her.  So she calls me after all that time, I meet her twice, no sex, and she thought I was going to quit my job, move to her city, and get married.  Still had the same issues.  Nothing changed.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#17]
OK where is the "run Forest run" picture??
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#18]
No such thing as a normal girl.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's a refreshing response. Be a man, move on, and don't hit it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#20]
here is what i dont get she is petite but still thinks she is fat  I always try to compliment her but damn i dont see why such a pretty girl would have such that kind of self image.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Uhhh...I disagree. They are out there, just hard to find in bars and strip joints.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
just be yourself and you'll find the right one eventually
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#23]
The caution flag has definitely been raised.   Proceed with caution.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OK where is the "run Forest run" picture??

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#25]
but is she pro-gun and want to go to the range with you?

.....that is the real question.

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Sometimes I wonder how I managed to find my wife.  

mike45acp,

Keep looking.  They're out there but you do have to wade through a lot of crap to find them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:56:53 AM EDT
[#27]
What is that old song by Little River Band?

Have you heard about the lonesome loser
Beaten by the queen of hearts every time
He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'

Oooooooh-hooooooo-hooooooo
Oooooooh-ooooooh-hoooooooo

Sit down, take a look at yourself
Don't you want to be somebody
Someday somebody's gonna see inside
You have to face up, you can't run and hide

Unlucky in love
Least that's what they say
He lost his head
And he gambled his heart away
He still keeps searching
Though there's nothing left
Staked his heart and lost
Now he has to pay the cost

"It's okay", he smiles and says
Though this loneliness is driving him crazy
He don't show what goes on in his head
But if you watch very close you'll see it all

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#28]
TOUCH HER GOODIES THEN HIT IT!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#29]
The more women I have had open up to me the more women I know who have been sexualy abused. It boggles the mind to think how many molesters there are out there.

I have family members who have told me about 2 of my great grandfathers being molesters, & I it just makes me sick to think that grown men would do such a thing. They should all be killed when caught, no exceptions.

Don't discount her as a mental case because of what others have done to her. Discount her for the other stuff.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:48:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Listen, you promise me something, okay?
Just if you're ever in trouble,
don't try to be brave, you just run, okay?
Just run away.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Hit it and quit it.  That one is nothin' but BAD trouble.

+1
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I used to know a girl that was a complete head case once I got to know her. The sex was incredible though. Always incredible
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#33]
I usually try to refrain from making blanket statements, but in this case, I'm just gonna have to say it...they're ALL fu**in' crazy, dude.  Some are crazier than others, and with some, the craziness is managable...but it's still there.  I blame estrogen.  

Either way, they're the only game in town...so you just have to figure out if the lunacy outweighs the good stuff, I guess.  

As for this one, she sounds like she's got more than one strike...so the prognosis for a psychosis-free relationship doesn't look too good.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:04:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Where the hell do you go to meet women anyway...the Tina Turner Center for Beaten and Battered Women?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Most of the women i meet on a daily basis are like that. I give them rides. We talk in the car. I hear stories about shooting rays of jesus out of their eyeballs, being Bill Gates lover, working for the CIA. I could write a book  with all these wonderful stories. Oh yeah one more thing  when i meet them, it's usaully because i've just arrested them for something.

J
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:05:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
What is that old song by Little River Band?

Oooooooh-hooooooo-hooooooo
Oooooooh-ooooooh-hoooooooo

Unlucky in love
Least that's what they say
He lost his head
And he gambled his heart away
He still keeps searching
Though there's nothing left
Staked his heart and lost
Now he has to pay the cost

"It's okay", he smiles and says
Though this loneliness is driving him crazy
He don't show what goes on in his head
But if you watch very close you'll see it all

LMFAO!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Women are all the same.

Trillian and I seem to be having trouble. Oh, well. Life goes on either way...
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#38]
I swear SAW_Gunner lives through you and these posts.

Run.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Girlfriend #1 (high school):  Space aliens, ghosts, reincarnation
Girlfriend #4 (college):  Mental illness (hospitalized), suicide attempt as teen
Girlfriend # 7 (15 y ago):  molested
The rest just chose to keep their insanities to themselves.

Many people, men and women, are seriously "damaged".  They can still be good people, but some will make you miserable.  You just have to figure out what you can live with and without.

Oh Oh I'll play too!

GF #1 (high school) Ghosts, anorexia
GF #2 (college) Sexual fetishes (excessive)
GF #4 (college) Egomaniac- thought she was such a good singer and dancer she could have been on broadway.

I don't date anymore. I only have friends with benefits.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
You might as well get used to hear that and dealing with it.  I would say anywhere from 30% to 50% of the girls out there have a similar story either a neighbor molested them, a relative molested them, they got into a bad situation and were forced into having sex at age 13 or 14, or they were raped.  I've heard all of those repeatedly.

Comments that some people here make like "if there is grass on the field then they are ready to play ball" are a funny joke until you end up dating a girl that was pushed into having sex at age 13 and has been screwed up ever since.  These women are messed up by men that should know better.  But since they are usually older the girl is embarrassed to turn them in and usually if they do no one believes them anyway.

+1

My experience also.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:13:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Girls, nobody want to hear about how you were molested by your uncle/father/brother.  at least the guys who got molested by catholic priest keep it to themselves.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:15:59 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I disagree.

There are a lot of really nice, decent, mentally stable, cute wiminz out there.

And every freakin one of them is taken.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:18:14 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
yeah i have ran into quite a few weirdos. Lately i have noticed that many women in general have serious emotional issues

So last night i get this, "mike why dont you like to open up with me" (pause) "well you dont mind if i open up so we can be more comfortable"  

Then it hit, "you know the other night when i got really scared, well its because hearing those noises reminded me of when i was touched by a neighbor"

I was like "oh shit"

then it just kept coming, depression, eating disorders  and she seemed like such a nice girl. I feel really bad that all these girls growing up got messed with in the brain.

What was your first clue? ?????

Yeah, she has emotional issues.

Now go sleep with that 15 year old, and then let some guy 10 years from now post on arfcom 'gee, why does this girl have issues?'.

*sigh*

Men should make an attempt to help women with their issues - not take advantage of them.

Else, we have no right to complain.

YMMV....
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#44]
crazy bitch's are always great in bed though
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:28:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Her willingness to bring it up to you off the cuff is an indication of her perpetual inability to deal with it.  

I am amazed at the things women I talk to are willing to bring up about themselves on the first or second conversation that lasts for more than 30 seconds.  Some things should indeed be brought to light, but only if marriage is eminent in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Her willingness to bring it up to you off the cuff is an indication of her perpetual inability to deal with it.  

I am amazed at the things women I talk to are willing to bring up about themselves on the first or second conversation that lasts for more than 30 seconds.  Some things should indeed be brought to light, but only if marriage is eminent in my opinion.

There's nothing wrong with being open. Actually, I admire it. But I agree that there are some things I don't want to continually hear about.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
crazy bitch's are always great in bed though

+1 and a Fuckin' A Bubba!

Nuthin's better than a NutSlut!

Dave
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Whether you stay with her or not is up to you...only you can decide that.  I will say though that the worst thing you can do is stick with her and volunteer to be her "therapist" as in, "Don't worry hunny, I will help you through these emotional issues."

Then she will see you as a therapist and not a boyfriend.  If these issues are bad enough to still cause her problems in her daily life or cause problems between you and her, then have her go to a real therapist to get them treated.

Depending on her redeeming qualities you may want to risk some of your own money to help her pay for treatment.  Or you may want to cut your losses and be done with it.  Or it may have been some shitty stuff that happened to her in the past and she's over it now living a normal life.

Whatever her problems, they are HER problems.  Don't let her assign responsibility to you for fixing them.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Welcome to the world of the adult heterosexual human male, grasshopper.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I used to know a girl that was a complete head case once I got to know her. The sex was incredible though. Always incredible

Glen Close in Fatal Attraction ?

You better bail, Bubba, and I ain't talking about the rowboat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top