BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2001 6:43:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Well 2 more months for me, and I will be a TX resident officially. That means I can apply for a CHL(concealed handgun lic.) I never see the need for it, but since I could get one here I might as well.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I never see the need for it, but since I could get one here I might as well.
View Quote

lt, those are famous last words.  I got a note from the PA Delaware County sheriff that came with my non-res PA license that said 'Of course you realize that you don't need to always carry'.  I wrote back that I did not realize that bad guys had a schedule and if they would send me that schedule, I would not carry during their off hours.  I don't expect to have a wreck, but I always wear my seat belt (not because a law says to) just in case.  Same applies while carrying.  I have not had anything happen SINCE I started carrying, but an incident before then is what made me realize I should get a gun and a carry license.  My girlfriend at the time and I were asleep in her house and someone tried to break in.  I did not own a gun, she did.  I used it to run off the bad guys (didn't even have to shoot them).  Made me realize that I should be armed (when I got out of the military, wasn't too fond of guns).  The rest is history, I am addicted.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 7:34:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cherish your right!
View Quote

Not a flame anothergene, but if we have to get permission to do something, how is that a right!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top