Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2001 11:00:26 PM EDT
At first I must admit I missed the old site.Within the last week I have started to really enjoy the new site. Its starting to look more and more like the old site with improvements.Just minutes ago I was able to get on the chat site, I was never able to get on the old chat site on old website [@:D].Man and I just saw all the icons and animated legends.About the only thing I see missing off the forums is the history forum.Its looking better and better.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Old forums need to be seachable at a bare minimum, theres a large # of posts that I've been wanting to read again/save.  The fact that this board is on port 1111 instead of 80 needs to be rectified as well, as those of us who are behind firewalls generall can not connect.  I can get here from home, but not from work.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Shazbat, you do have a couple of points about not being able to connect from certain systems and being able to search archives of old site would be helpful.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
i disagree while this site is getting better thank to the hard work of goatboy it's not the "old site".we need the old site back up and running,and soon i hope.i lost too many contacts when that site went down.mmk
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
as a programmer i always like new products. the down side for me is i'm a junior member again, the old site had great info i know i will miss. will have to ask the same dumb question again only to have someone say, yo, didn't you read that info on the old site?

i can tell you the effort to bring up new products ... well, it is not easy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm getting used to this site, but do miss certian features of the old. Most of all, I HATE signing in every time I visit. Goatboy, will this be addressed when you have time?
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I like the old site better:

Its easier to read, faster to load (usually)
I'm familiar with it.

Ed, please bring it back!

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I missed the old site at first too; but now I like this one a lot more.  The only thing I don't like is having to sign in everytime.  I do wish that we were able to search the archive from the old site since there is a lot of great info there.

Thanks for the hard work and great new site goatboy
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I like this site MUCH better and another advantage is when the old one went down, so did alot of the Trolls and other freaks that were screwing it up.  This site is more user friendly and the sign in thing isnt bad because once you sign in, posting is quick and easy.

If the old site comes back up, who will even know?  So many of its members have left for other sites and will take a long time to return, if they even do return.  Also, what will happen to this site?  Will everyone run back to the old one?  Part of us go back and part stay?  Use 2 different boards all the time?  I say stay here and bury the other one.  What info is over there will eventually end up here in time.  This site is cool.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
It took a LONG time for me to figure out where the For Sale sections went and for a while the message fonts were too small for me to read, but in general this version is nice.

I would like to have access to the old forum posts. There are some threads I'd love to read again. If possible, I'd also like to posting count back... It took me a long time to break a thousand... :)
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with Amish Bill.
I worked hard to get out of Jr. Status and now I have start all over again.
I like my new now though.
The animated stuff is cool too.
[smash]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top