Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 10:27:15 AM EDT
I've read constant complaints about WOLF ammo. How it's laquer coated, and when the barrel gets hot, the casing may stick in the chamber, and not be ejected out. Also how it is very dirty.

So, basically, is poverty-stricken crap, right?

Yet I see it advertised on this site. Hmmm....
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand, I don't use Wolf specific ammo, but I do use generic Russian steel case .223.

The stuff works fine!!! I put through 200 rounds in one sitting with my bushmaster, no problems (except it smells different). I repeat, no problems, no mis-feeds, no failure to eject, no duds. I checked my extractor, no more wear than normal. The deflector had a different color than the brass color it had before.

Since then, I have put throught over 1000 rounds of steal case through that one gun. It is happy and so am I.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
"To each his own" Wolf works great for me, not for others. I have put 600-700 through in one day with no problems. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Dreams of ARs
[sleep]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey don't forget we have an AK forum as well on this board. And rumor has it they came up with a .223 version.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never put a round of WOLF in any of my guns, and don't plan to either. I have bad enough luck as it is. Knowing my luck, the first round of WOLF I put in any of my weapons, it's going to explode in my hands and kill me and everyone else at the range [%|]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#6]
oh captain obvious, I love this topic!  wolf is kicka$$ ammo!  I've pumped it through M16s, AR15s, handguns, mini-14s, you name it...no more hassle to clean than any other...

maybe I am just such a fanatic about keeping my weapons in prisine condition that I never notice the build up because it never gets a chance to do so.  

Anyway, with a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee (ask remington if they'll do that) nd pricing that blows the commercially available stuff out of the water, it does'nt break my heart to hear people don't like it...just means more for me! [:D] [beer] Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ET3 NotReally:
I've never put a round of WOLF in any of my guns, and don't plan to either. I have bad enough luck as it is. Knowing my luck, the first round of WOLF I put in any of my weapons, it's going to explode in my hands and kill me and everyone else at the range [%|]
View Quote

I know what you mean on that luck thing. I;ve never won anything in my life, and seriously doubt if i ever will.

I'm just not the kinda guy that, that stuff happens too. I would be willing to bet money that if I had 90 entrys for the LEGP out of 100, i would not win.

I would be willing to bet the rifle. Some how, I just know that I wont, and never will win anything like that.

Not that kinda guy.... and belive me, i wish i was... but cant change who you are...

if i was in war, some how, and i've always known.. (this may sound kinda corny but it's true) that i would be the first to get shot, and killed.

dont know how i know that, but it [b]IS[/b] true.

PS: it is true..i've NEVER EVER won anything.. no matter how small that thing may be, i've never won anything..cept for "bad luck"....

out

captain obvious

Captain Obvious
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I used WOLF all of the itme in 7.62, 9mm, and 45ACP and all works like a charm. My SKS eats it up my Colt 9mm AR loves it and my Kimber loves the taste. I don't use steel case .223 of any make. So I can't comment on the WOLF .223

Greg
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Who wants to pick up brass? You don't feel nearly as guilty leaving valuable casings lying around.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#10]
[left]I use wolf all the time with my ak47(MAK90)its my truck gun; a gun i can through in the back behind the seat gun! this gun's been with me for 7 years, not a single falure i bet my life on this gun.when i pull the trigger it goes bang! has for being a rattly thing not too bad. by the way i had not one missfeed with wolf.[/left]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top