Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2001 4:18:45 AM EDT
Download and give this a listen, it will make the hair on your neck stand up..worth the download

[url]http://www.whoradio.com/mickelson/Banner.wma[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
"The page cannot be displayed"

That's what I got when I went to your link.

Link Posted: 7/4/2001 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
try right clicking and save as, or enter the link or parts of it to get to the download page..I promiss its worth it if you get it. Maybee someone else could post if the link works or not

thanks

Jack
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That worked.  Yep, you were right, that was worth the trouble.

I wonder how many high school graduates could relate all those facts to you this year?

Certainly, we are unfit custodians of the legacy that has been given to us.[:|]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful! I'm moved to tears.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful...  Sniff

Can someone tell me the music they play at the beginning of this?  I've heard it before and I'd like to download it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:43:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow. Thank you. I'm in tears with Hangfire. I'm an American of Vietnamese descent who came to this country over 25 years ago, a recipient of the sacrifice of veterans. The anthem was the first American song I learned, and I've never forgotten the lyrics. I think it's such an embarassment to be at a ballpark or any public event where the anthem is played and see a large majority of poeple not knowing the lyrics, and worse, not remain silent with their hands on their hearts and their heads either bowed or turned toward the flag. The ironic kicker is that when the anthems ends, everyone applauds and whoops it up in celebration. Some folks just don't realize that by being born in this country they have won the biggest humanity lottery in the world. I owe my liberty today to the courage of every man and woman who flew 11,000 miles to fight in a war some of them didn't even understand. For that, I thank them every day and I will save a last breath to thank them once more before I die. The Fourth of July has always had a second meaning for me, a debt of gratitude. Man, I know I'm coming off really corny, but if you don't at least know the lyrics of your country's anthem and treat the singing of them with the deepest respect and thanks for the ideals from which this country was born then you should try living in Iraq, Lybia, China...the list goes on. Alright, enough.... Happy Fourth of July everyone, and please, safe your weapons! :)  
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 5:44:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, [>(]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me the music they play at the beginning of this?  I've heard it before and I'd like to download it.
View Quote

I think the music in the background is the theme song from the movie Patton starring Geo. C. Scott.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Excellent! Have a safe holiday.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:35:03 AM EDT
[#10]
WOW, that was the most incredible thing I've ever heard!

If you backtrack to the site it came from you will find a 10mb mp3 as well.

BTT
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell, I wuz waiting for [b]DIXIE[/b] to begin!
You meant the National FEDERAL Anthem![:D]

Actually, it was an awe-inspiring rendition.

Eric The(GuessI'llJustHaveToWhistle'Dixie')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#14]
A must for the 4th

HAPPY 4TH of JULY
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely beautuiful.. Brings tears to this proud American's eyes.

God Bless the USA!!

Rick
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you!

Fred
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#17]
That was quite a humiliating experience!  It brought back memories and made me sit a little straighter!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:31:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I either get "Martian" on screen or it won't open the Windows program I downloaded to get into the link...
I'd love to hear this, but, can't yet.
Any suggestions as to how to access this?
Over...
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Wowzerz!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I either get "Martian" on screen or it won't open the Windows program I downloaded to get into the link...
I'd love to hear this, but, can't yet.
Any suggestions as to how to access this?
Over...
View Quote

Try copying www.whoradio.com/mickelson/ to Clipboard, and pasting the URL into the address portion of your browser.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the heads-up!!!

Happy 4th to everybody out there....!

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Alot of us here come off like real tough guys.

But that caused this tough guy to get a real big lump in my throat.

God bless America!

Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Neat, but I believe that the war in question is 1812, not the Revolutionary war.  Hence, they were states, not colonies.  Most of the rest is true.  
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=34433&page=1[/url] has some good info on it for your reading pleasure.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Still like to know the music.  I listened to the beginning of Patton and that music is different.

Actually,  I've heard part of this music before in a Xena episode.  [:D]  When Xena was in Egypt fighting Anthony.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Nice.

[^]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I was really touched.  This is real inspiring.  I like the part where Geo. Washington said “to die on your feet before he will live his on knees”.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#28]
AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks. [beer]
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wow. Thank you. I'm in tears with Hangfire. I'm an American of Vietnamese descent who came to this country over 25 years ago, a recipient of the sacrifice of veterans. The anthem was the first American song I learned, and I've never forgotten the lyrics. I think it's such an embarassment to be at a ballpark or any public event where the anthem is played and see a large majority of poeple not knowing the lyrics, and worse, not remain silent with their hands on their hearts and their heads either bowed or turned toward the flag. The ironic kicker is that when the anthems ends, everyone applauds and whoops it up in celebration. Some folks just don't realize that by being born in this country they have won the biggest humanity lottery in the world. I owe my liberty today to the courage of every man and woman who flew 11,000 miles to fight in a war some of them didn't even understand. For that, I thank them every day and I will save a last breath to thank them once more before I die. The Fourth of July has always had a second meaning for me, a debt of gratitude. Man, I know I'm coming off really corny, but if you don't at least know the lyrics of your country's anthem and treat the singing of them with the deepest respect and thanks for the ideals from which this country was born then you should try living in Iraq, Lybia, China...the list goes on. Alright, enough.... Happy Fourth of July everyone, and please, safe your weapons! :)  
View Quote
Buddha, people like you should go lecture at schools; maybe if they heard the stories of people who have NOT had everything handed to them on a platter, America's youth would understand.
Link Posted: 7/4/2001 11:18:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I was really touched.  This is real inspiring.  I like the part where Geo. Washington said “to die on your feet before he will live his on knees”.
View Quote

[b][blue]EXACTLY![/blue][/b]

This needs to be taught in each and every classroom in America.  Probably in a few other countries, as well.
I'm going to pass it around as far as I can throw it!
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#31]
That was really great!  Got me all choked up.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[B][BLUE]NRA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.nra.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]GOA Life Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.gunowners.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAF Member[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.saf.org[/URL]
[B][BLUE]SAS Supporter[/BLUE][/B] - [URL]www.sas-aim.org[/URL]

[IMG]personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/u/s/uspc40/graphics/usaflag.gif[/IMG]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top