Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2001 7:37:13 PM EDT
I have converted a friend to the "cult" of the AR15 and he is looking to buy a rifle.  He lives in the Austin area and I told him that some of you guys would probably know of a dealer in that area that would treat him fairly.  

Thanks in advance

Aggie1
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT

Come on you Texas members help me out.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 5:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
For AR15 type weapons I strongly recommend
Heritage Firearms.  They are on US 183 at
Anderson Mill road.  But call before you go
because on most weekends they pack up most
of their inventory and head to a gunshow.  Or
you can find them at any Austin or SanTone
gunshow.
Just ignore them when they try to impress on
you how great the Hesse products are...
DanM
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey I live in Austin too and am looking to sell a couple of ARs if you are interested feel free to email me at [email protected]. As far as a local gun shop I have bought from Heritage, but you may also try Reds they are in the yellow pages.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 5:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Looter,

I don't know if he wants a new or used gun so I have to check with him.  E-mail me with the configurations of the guns you are thinking about selling and I can check with him. Heck depending on what you got I might be interested myself.

Aggie1
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I think there's a gun show this weekend if so are you going? They are usually at the old Best building right off 290 just east of I35.
Link Posted: 2/16/2001 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Aggie1,

Try Tex Guns on Manchaca.  I have had a couple of Mausers sent through this shop and they are good folks.  (No attitude, easy to work with and fair.)  Heritage is OK too, just busier and a little less customer oriented. FWIW, I think the Heritage guys are A&M grads.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2001 11:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
The gun show is always the third weekend of the month at the old best Buy bldg. Just don't try to get there from I35 and 290 as it will be closed this weekend. Go to Camron rd from 183 and go south till you pass 290, at the next light, turn left on Clayton ln, then left at, I think Sheridan, and you'll come out at the gun show on your right. Heck, I might have to go myself, can never have enough parts [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top