Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2001 3:37:44 PM EDT
Ok guys need some quick help here. I picked up a Daewoo K2 last week. So far I have only fed it PMP and some WIN. I am headed to the States tomorrow on an Ammo run with a friend and I was considering getting some WOLF or other cheap Russian ammo....
I tried it with my Oly A2 last year and it jamed up my chamber with laquer after only 30 rounds or so..It seems to like my AK84-S2 ok....Any ideas on how it will run in my K2?

Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It will do the same to the K2.  We ran a Thermold mag of it through mine at the Bulletfest and it gummed up the chamber and made extraction difficult.  Two mags of PMP and it was clear again.  The Thermold worked great, just stay away from the steel case stuff.  

I had a 84s, which loved the Wolf, and my Mak-90 .223 (post-ban 84s) loves it as well.  Steel for AKs.  They're made for it.  Brass for the others.  They're not.

Ross

PS-the manual is copied and will be mailed tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#2]
No Problem in my K2.  Works as good as anything else I've fed it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Just this weekend weekend I ran about 250 rds through my daewoo dr-200 and not one problem.
Most of that fired was by the bump method too.
My oly preban also eats it just fine along with my legp rifle from this board.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Some good Some bad.  I bought the Russian made ammo before it was marked Wolf and it works great.  My buddy bought a case marked Wolf and it doesnt want to extract.  I gotta stick a rod down the barrel to shove it out.  And it's not just in my gun either.  I have an Eagle Arms and my buddy has a Colt sporter, it does it to both.  It works great in my Mini-14 though!  7.62x39 works like a dream in my Mac-90 for what its worth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top