Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2001 11:38:40 AM EDT
[red]How is Kmart going to handle this question.
 22 ammo sales?
What do you think?
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
They'll say, "Screw the gun buying public, it's too complicated. We'll discontinue all ammo and gun sales. The Soccer Moms will carry us."
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#2]
It may well come down to .22 Short/.22LR/.22WMR
.22 Short will surely be banned. .22WMR will probably be allowed. This leaves the .22LR in the lurch. Though, they will probably remain. This is because the vast majority of .22LR shooters are using a Rifle. There are .22 Handguns, some use Shorts and others LRs. But for the most part I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of .22LR purchases are for Rifles and not handguns. I have never bought any firearms or ammo. at K-Mart, but Wal-Mart's registers ask on each order whether it is for a Rifle or Handgun. If they keep these records, they can determine the number of rifle to handgun purchases. But, my money is on the .22LR remaining and .22 Shorts being chucked. Even if .22LR is thrown out, most likely .22WMR (Magnum) will remain.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
If I was K-mart, I would define it as suspending all CENTERFIRE hangun ammo sales.

Then again if I was K-Mart, I would sell Lorcins and Hi-Points, have to market to the consumers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
if i was k amrt id sell ar 15s and ant damn gun under the sun as long as it was legel in that state :) any way as far as 22 lr they will keep it. since its such a commen caliber they would probly say screw it and keep it anyway way.

i think the real reason there ditching ammo sales was becisue no one was buying there over priced crap
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The same could be said for .44 Magnum, 9mm Luger, .45 ACP, .40 S&W, etc. because they can all be used in long guns, such as Ruger carbines.  They still won't be sold though.[pistol]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top