Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2001 9:34:18 AM EDT
Any parent / guardian tried “Hooked on Phonics” program?  If so is it worth the 300 bucks?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Don’t want my sons to learn that whole language garbage so wife and I will teach them phonics ourselves.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#1]
iT werkd fur mE!
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried it and think it was a waste of money.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#3]
MEE 2, ben hoked fur yers
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

iT werkd fur mE!
View Quote

LOL!!!!

I have never tried the Hooked on Phonics program, but I believe something that has been around as long as this self-improvement reading program, probably has a high success rate on increasing one's ability to read and their reading comprehension in order to stay in business as long as the company has.  As long as I can remember, the Hooked on Phonics program has been around a looonnnggg time!  

Unless people are so credulous by the program and keep using it in spite of lack of progress based solely on the program itself and instead see noticeable progress by their own determination, then I can understand how the company can stay afloat financially with a product with only nominal value.  Just my opinion.  And of course, buyer beware!  

Well, gotta go.  Time for rock climbing training with my college buddies!    [8D]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
 [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/scooby1.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top