Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 11:58:42 PM EDT
O.K. third times a charm, for some reason I'm having trouble posting this. I've been reading on the board here that Knights Manufacturing has a freefloated version of thier RAS now. Does anyone have a link or resource for pictures of this? Are they available for purchase? Price Check if so? Any help here would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea, third time is a charm.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, there is such an animal.

Knight's offered these in three lengths:
1) Carbine: same length as what you're use to.
2) Rifle: see above. This is the same unit installed on the SR-15 Match, SR-25 Match, and Mk11 Mod 0 rifles.
3) Medium: longer than carbine, shorter than rifle. This RAS requires the installation of a "low-profile" gas block (available from KAC). You will also need a flip-up front sight if you want to use irons with this set-up.

I have some photos from a Knight's catalog I can email to you if you like... Let me know.
[email protected]

As far as availability: These were not made in large production runs. Only a few made it to the civilian market as accessories. Price runs from $450 for the carbine to $525 for the rifle (lo-pro gas block: add $75+/-). The only vendors to have them were:

Wes Grant, MSTN: [email protected]  901-854-7497

And Dennis Todd, whose info I don't have in front of me, but can find it later, or maybe someone else can post it for you.

Happy (fully accessorized) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks havoc for the info. I don't know if I want to go this route, just wanted to get a better idea of all the freefloat options out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top