Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2001 8:19:48 PM EDT
What's the price range on all types of glocks?? I really like the compensators on the glocks, just b/c the little muzzle flash looks cool. How detectable are Glocks anyways? I've heard they can go through metal detectors but I've never really believed it??

Mikie
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Glocks seem to range between $480 and $550 for various models.  As far as detection, there's a whole lotta steel in every polymer framed handgun I've ever seen (Glock or otherwise).  The frame is full of metal springs and levers.  The slide is all steel, as is the barrel.  Even if you didn't have metal lined magazines, brass cartridge cases still show up quite well in the X-ray machine.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The non-detection is BS created by the antis.  It has like a POUND of STEEL for the slide.  In addition, I have seen x-rays and metal detections of Glock for security training.   Glocks would go for low $400s to mid $700s.  It just depends on the options.  At least, I do not have to worry about rust.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The slide and barrel are still steel.  The frame is plastic and the trigger parts along with stock sights to.

I have (3) a G22, G23, and G27.  I bought the G22 as a factory rebuild for $499.99 w/ 2 hi-cap mags, the G23 was used for $300 w/ 2 10rnd mags, the G27 was used (but like new) for $475 w/ 2 9rnd mags

OSA
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
$500.00+= models 24 and 18
anyone got an 18
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I own a Glock 26 in 9mm, great, great little gun. Bought used for 450 with two, plus two(really one) mags. You cant go wrong with a Glock.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
How do I post pictures?  I have a picture of a glock through an X-Ray that I'd like to post.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I figured it out.

[img]http://www.glockfaq.com/images/pics/g30xray.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Taken from [url]www.glockfaq.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Yay!  Anyway, I read somewhere that Glocks are [b]80 percent metal[/b].  Not sure what this was based on. (weight, size, etc.  And the slide, IMHO, is one thick slide.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:32:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The compensators aren't so great. Most people I know who got the compensated models were not pleased. Can't shoot it after dark the flash is bright and its between your eyes and the front site. Second carbon comes out the ports and gets inside the slide worst than normal. Not a big deal if its just going to be a range gun but for me I like the non ported. Glocks have lots of aftermarket accesories to make the gun the way you want it. 10 rnd mags are cheap. 9mm hi-caps can still be found pretty cheap. all the other hi-caps are tooo expensive for most of us. I just buy more standard mags. I can buy six standard mags for the price of one G21 hi-cap.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:41:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Glocks range 450-600. Accessories can cost you more i.e. tac lites, laser, grips, etc. There a lot out there. I have seen Glocks look like something out of StarTrek. The "C" models are you compesated ones. They do have a noticeable muzzle flash, even in the day time. I don't see the difference in the reduction of muzzle climb with the larger frames however. It is noticeable with the compact and sub-compact models. The triger group of the Glock, with the exception of the actual triger, is all metal. The slide and barrel is all metal. Only the frame is polymer.

Many will talk about the kB effect of Glocks, specially with the .40 S&W calibers. I have yet to experience this. Most of these were caused by hot reloads. Which Glock tells you not to do. These occassion are few but highly publicized much like gun violence in the media. I've had a Glock 22 for about 2yrs now and no kB to speak off. I have only used factory loads.

The action on a Glock is a take it or leave it proposition. The trigger, for me at least, is awesome. There is no play to it at all. constant pull and never get loose. I love. I suggest you shoot one before you buy it. Worse case scenario you can get a 3.5# triger installed.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Need a price check in aisle 3!  Anyone know what hi-capacity magazines for a Glock 17 are going for?

I've got a cousin looking for some and I'm shopping for him at a gun show, soon.  I'm not sure of the "fair price" and would appreciate some info.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:24:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Where did
[url]http://www.glocktalk.com/[/url]
go?

Dave S

I have a G35 that I am going to have Bar-Sto
[url]http://barsto.com/[/url]
"fit" a .357SIG barrel to the slide.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:30:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Dave S:
Where did
[url]http://www.glocktalk.com/[/url]
go?
View Quote

Same place it's always been...

http://glocktalk.com

the www.glocktalk.com site was a only redirect, and now it's dead.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:33:14 AM EDT
[#14]
It's now simply [url]http://glocktalk.com[/url] no preceeding www.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#15]
I've always thought it was a little hard to put any gun through a detector until glocks, and even then hard because of components. I know several people that have the .40 cal mod22. They seem to like them alot. The owners of a company i used to work at love guns and they have some kind of glock that looks like it'd take the hair off a fly's rectum at 40 paces. it had a laser, hi-cap mag, and who knows what else. Well, thanks for the posts.

Mikie
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#16]
RBCD Performance ammo....10MM
1000+ FPE Each Round.

A Glock 20 offers 16 Rounds of 10MM.

Can anyone beat 16 Rounds of 1000+ FPE?
Hello?
Anyone?
No?
OK. The debate is over. The best handgun humanity has devised up to this point is the Glock 20.
What? You can't seem to hit anything with Glocks? You don't like Glocks? Stop on by, and i'll be glad to teach you a lesson against whatever you are shooting.

Glock 20.
The End.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:04:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Need a price check in aisle 3!  Anyone know what hi-capacity magazines for a Glock 17 are going for?

View Quote

Cheapest I have seen em is $75 at a gunshow in Vegas. Wish I'd bought em then. The last Dallas gunshow I saw em for $125
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I've got a Glock 23C compensated model. I love it. The stuff about going blind in the dark is total BS. Its not worse than regular muzzle flash. Remember that u can always put a regular barrel in a compensated pistol and have a "standard" gun. it does get dirtier, but i recently did a little endurance test. 750 rounds over a few months with no cleaning. Glock perfection - it never jammed once. I have put thousands of rounds through her with only 1 jam and that was related to a new magazine. Easy tap and rack quickly fixed it in the sequence i was shooting. no problems since. ever.
I love glocks, except the damn sights. they suck for me and i know a lot of people who agree. Get some trijicons or mep's.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
RBCD Performance ammo....10MM
1000+ FPE Each Round.

A Glock 20 offers 16 Rounds of 10MM.

Can anyone beat 16 Rounds of 1000+ FPE?
View Quote

Yes I can beat it, 30 rounds of 1200+ FPE out of my AR-15. Never bring only a pistol to a rifle fight.[X]

I am a big fan of the Glock 20 though, it is the only Glock I have kept from my once large Glock collection which has turned into a Sig and 1911 collection.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top