BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2001 7:35:27 PM EDT
Here you go....

My CZ75B with Hogue wrap around grip and PT night sights
[img]http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/rambler/251/non-web/CZ75Bside.jpg[/img]

My Beretta 92FS
[img]http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/rambler/251/non-web/Beretta92Fside.jpg[/img]

My Glock 27 with Meprolight night sights
[img]http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/rambler/251/non-web/Glock27side.jpg[/img]

My Sig 220
[img]http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/rambler/251/non-web/Sig220a.jpg[/img]

My 300ZX
[img]http://silverstone.fortunecity.com/rambler/251/non-web/Z2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Guns. Good Job.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Any details on the camera?

I'm looking to get one soon.

Do you like this one?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the wonderful world of driving people completely frickin' nuts.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Camera is a Nikon Coolpix 800. After about 3 nights of camera review searching this is the best quality to price camera I could find.
The camera came out about a year ago, and has since been updated with the Coolpix 880.

The 800 is a 2.1 mega pixel camera with 2x optical zoom. It comes with an 8mb compact flash memory card. The standard resolution for the pictures it takes is 1600x1200. This translates to you being able to print out photos that are 8x10 in size with no noticeable quality loss.

The 880 differs only by the fact it is a 3.34 mega pixel which means higher resolution, and it has 2.5x opti zoom. The price difference was not worth it to me for the higher res. I paid $345 for the 800, the lowest price I could find on the 880 was $570.

With the limited amount of pictures I have taken so far I must say I'm impressed. I have kept the quality setting to normal and as you can see by the pics above, they look quite nice. I took a few pics with the high quality setting, and they look even better. They are more defined and overall cleaner.

I had to shrink the images from 1600x1200 to 640x480 so they could be viewed on the web easier. I purchased a 128mb memory card for my camera, and with that I can store 128 at the high quality setting, 256 pictures at the normal setting, and 512 at the lowest setting. So that roughly translates to fitting 5 rolls, 10 rolls, and 20 rolls of film depending on what setting, to a memory card the size of a match book. Pretty damn cool I think.

If you are looking for more info on digital cameras, check out www.megapixel.net/html/issueindex.html they have just about every camera you could imagine reviewed there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#5]
No such thing as a pointless gun pic, great looking guns(not a bad ride either).
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Those CZ s look pretty nice. Never shot one. How do they compare to the Glock, Beretta, and Sig???
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have never believed the rumors if I hadn’t tried it myself. I would rank my CZ right along with my Beretta and Sig. I shoot much better with the CZ than the Beretta. I hate to admit that but its true. And for $200 to $350 cheaper than Sig's, Beretta's, HK's, I think it's the best kept secret for those who have not tried one.

It fits your hand like a glove and points like it is an extension of your hand. It has the mildest recoil of a 9mm that I've ever felt, partially due to the all-steel construction. Follows up shots are a breeze. I am no marksmen, but with a 5 on 1 target at 12 yards I can move from target to target very quickly and tag the 1" red dot 8 out of 10 times.

I’ve shot over 500 rounds and no FTF or any problems at all. The trigger is the best out of the box I have ever felt. Compared to the Beretta and Sig triggers, its is smoother and breaks easily. For an investment of $300-$350 I would suggest everyone at least rent and shoot one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny this site is called AR15.com and I didn't see one evil black rifle in any of your pics?[>:/]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Did the hogue grips help on the CZ, I didn't completely like the original plastic ones on the ones I've held. I love the car too, daily driver or just a weekend fun car? If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the CZ with the night sights. Your right the Nikon cameras are the best. I just set a guy up with a Nikon 990 and he loves it the quality is excellent.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:01:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure if they the Hogue grips helped. I yanked off the UGLY factory grips the day I brought it home. I love the rubber molded grips, even when your hands are sweaty they dont slip. I paid $350 for the pistol, and the night sights were $55.

As for the car, it is my daily driver. And I have a lot of fun on the weekends with it too.

I know, I know, no black rifle pics....Yet

If you guys want I can take a picture of my Mini-14 with Uncle Mikes synth stock, muzzle break, and 6x scope. But I would hate to be laughed at.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice pics, Ice!

I'm on a waiting list for the new Nikon 995.  You almost have to BEG the camera dealers to take your $900 or so to get one of these!

The 800 Coolpix is really a good camera!

I've heard that there are some factory rebuilt Nikon 990s available for about $600.  This is also a very good buy, but comes only with 90 day warranty.

What kind of batteries are you using? Do you have any of the optional lenses (wide angle, 2X or 3X tele adapter)?

Can't wait to get my hands on that damn camera!

DaMan  

Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Funny this site is called AR15.com and I didn't see one evil black rifle in any of your pics?[>:/]
View Quote

I think it's cause he is in Kalifornia
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice choice on the rims for the Z! Looks good.

Oh, and nice guns too.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
nice picks! nice pistols! i wish i could get a
digicam to take photo's so could bore you with picks of guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top