Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2001 5:24:56 AM EDT
There are a growing number of people that are claiming the Pledge and the flag represent slavery and discriminatory practices. That the Bill of rights are racist and were only to protect white males. This even includes some elected officials. Opinions?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they should leave if they don't like it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Disagree.  But more troubling is what about the flag representing Schumer, Feinstein and Kennedy  et al. and that Boston school official mentioned in the "smells like smoke" thread.  And the flag representing "the people" who put these morons into a position of power.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Good point Kpel308, there is that legislator in TN that refuses, maybe an email campaign is in order. We got over 2000 for Kmart.
Any Tennesse members here?
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I pledge that ANYONE who refuses to pledge allegence to this country is free to GTFO. I will even pay the airfare.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Phoniex5,
Lets just deport them in little rafts and hope they can paddle to some country that will let them do as much.  Cuba anybody?
Ice
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Presonally I agree with all of you but we have to remember that that flag stands for freedom and if they dont wan't to support it thats their right. I think were all here talking about protecting rights most of the time, so even if these people are misguided or ignorant of what the flag stands for that is their right. Only condem those who take rights away not those who exercise them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good point Kpel308, there is that legislator in TN that refuses, maybe an email campaign is in order. We got over 2000 for Kmart.
Any Tennesse members here?
View Quote

She has had numerous offers for a (free) one-way ticket to ANY other country of her choosing, but is totaly non-responsive to the offers.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Berm, how about some details of her and her email, and the party email.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top