BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2001 6:28:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
no because I don't stick my **** in places it doesn't belong.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Not even over their dead body!! [%(]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
People are so freaking ignorant.

What is a vaccine but a weakened version of the active virus?  They'll get vaccination for smallpox but not AIDS?  There's no rational reason why they shouldn't.

I'll be in line for that vaccine once it come out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:10:32 PM EDT
[#7]
AIDs requires a fluid based transport (at this time) and dies very quickly in the air.

This vaccine, like the AIDs cocktail, will further promote unsafe [sex]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If I don't develop rabies and die a violent
death the,yes,I will get the HIV vaccine.

If you aren't "knocking"things up or "shooting"
up,or deal with other peoples blood then
you are low risk,unless some freak event
happens.This is only my opinion and not true
medical advice,my ideas and theories are worth
what you paid for them.

Some basic knowledge for those curios about
HIV.Again my opinions,not true medical advice.
I am not a doctor yet.

HIV lasts about 15 min out side the body,once
exposed to ultea-violet light it immediatly
starts to die.Thats if its on a tissue or
something.Agian this is based on the amount
of blood.More blood equals longer transmision
time.HIV inside a dead body canstay active for
weeks and goes dormant if the body is frozen.

However in a needle,depending on if it was used
to shoot-up or if blood was drawn withit,
the bore of the needle,and the titter{amount}
of HIV in the blood,the virus inside a hypodermic needle can stay active for up to
48 days.

HIV isn't transmitted through ear wax or snot
unless there is blood or white blood cells present.
While saliva does contain some of the virus{they
can test you for it now with saliva} the amount
is small,and to my limited knowledge no one
has been infected this way.

My opinion,sorry if I bored any of ya,but
I though somone might find this useful.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Does this means I have to take in the ass?[spank]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#12]
What about the chicken pox vaccine.it causes more problems/deaths than the disease.If proven safe and effective I would.For the very fact I travel and how shure are you of the blood supply overseas
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:09:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Mandatory == Tyranny

There's a cure for AIDS as old as the Bible.

Thou shallt not commit adultery.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 12:26:45 AM EDT
[#14]
i always thought the cure for aids was a bullet to the head or some other form of suicide
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Just one more example of why I got out of the military.
If they try to inforce a manditory vaccine on me they will have some issues to deal with. [%(]

HIV and AIDs is easly prevented by marriage and monogamy, of which I am fully vaccinated by both.  If any one needs the vaccine, its the ones who are at most risk. The irresponsible and the ones who lead risky lifestyles.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 3:53:33 AM EDT
[#17]
"If they try to inforce a manditory vaccine on me they will have some issues to deal with."

Exactly.

Insert magazine, pull back charging handle, aim carefully at closest adversary, begin "injection program" of my own. [frag]

Somehow, more and more I believe "retirement" ain't gonna be much fun.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#18]
This vaccine might errandicate HIV
in the next generation.

If your not a druggie or promiscous{it only
takes one time}or was not born with it then
you don't have to live your life infear of HIV.

HIV was called the scourge of the planet.
WHY????
You have to be doing something to get it.
It takes fluid transfer,its not airborne.
I trust God to keep it from me.

HIV is only a level tree pathogen,like rabies.
{am I foaming at the mouth yet?}and even the hanta
virus if I remeber right.

May the dear Lord have mercy if a level four
pathogen like ebola or a virus X
ever hit the US.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#19]
I belive that they call it the scourge of the earth simply because the way that most of the world lives its life style(and because it makes it sound like a bigger threat than it really is).  I agree if you live a clean life style you don't have to worry about it at all.  

As for mandatory.  No I won't take it.  I don't want to risk getting it cause I know that if I continue to live my life as I am now I have nothing to worry about.

And to put it very simply they cant make me.  They can try as hard as they want.  I give them as many mags as possible.  Till they kill me or I run outta ammo.
[sniper]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I personally wouldn't take it until some health care professionals dealing in "at risk" types do it first, such as ER professionals etc.  This is just like I never buy version 1.xx of any software.  I just don't want to personally debug any software or vaccine.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#21]
The local school district now requires a hepatitis vaccine.  I'm sure that this AIDS vacccine is not far behind.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#23]
If it's not mandatory and offered only to adults 18 or over, I would have no problem with it. As with any vaccine, there is a very slight chance of getting the disease the vaccine protects you against. AFAIK, small pox can be treated. HIV will probably kill you. So, unless the vaccine is proven to be 100% safe, I would not take it.

But they'll experiment with the military guys first, so us civies have nothing to worry about for a while. Gotta love the military brass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#24]
As I think about vaccinations, I seem to recall that "everyone who caught polio(?) in the 1950's or 1960's got it from the *VACCINE*."

Is my recollection true?  Or did I mishear this cable TV factoid.

I am not an IV drug abuser or homosexual, so why do I need that apallingly risky shot for a disease I am *not* subject to?

--
Edited because I seem unable to spell "drug".
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As I think about vaccinations, I seem to recall that "everyone who caught polio(?) in the 1950's or 1960's got it from the *VACCINE*."

Is my recollection true?  Or did I mishear this cable TV factoid.
View Quote

I am not saying that this is true or not becuase I am not really sure. I have heard that you can catch a virus or bacteria as a result of a Vaccine. If have noway of confirming it. But I can tell you how its made alot of times and you can be the judge. They take a small sample of the bug and inject it in to something that will produce antibodies to the bug. (Antibodies actually will kill the bug, Antibodies are made in you body when you get a bug.)They then take a sample from the carrier that has produced the Anitbodies, Purify it and your get an injection of the antibodies. This a kinda simple break down of it. I know I have left a few steps out. But I did not want to confuse anyone. So you be the judge. Now would I get it probaly not.

Six
Link Posted: 7/2/2001 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#26]
i'm with most of you guys on this.  no need to take it if i'm not doing the "risky" behaviors.  and i'm not.

but let's get one thing straight the [b]VAST[/b] majority of HIV/AIDS carriers on this earth are not drug users or homosexuals.  They are hetero sexuals.  There are no "safe sex" policies (none widespread enough to do any good anyway) in developing countries to educate the masses on STD transmissions.  that couled with the highest population centers on earth and the damn near absence of condom usage, HIV/AIDS is ravaging heterosexuals way more than any other group.

even in america, the largest increase in HIV cases occurred in black heterosexuals.  of course, they're just statistics, and we all know that an individual has about as much in common with a statistic as i do with rosie o'donnell, but the facts need to be known.  steretyping is how you get the damn disease in the first place.

sixgun, they also make antibodies with weakened or dead versions of the "bug".  the human body then produces it's own antibodies to the bug. then when/if the real bug is ever in the body, the antibodies "remember" it and attack it before it can wreak havoc.  the problem with HIV is that it hides in the immune system cells so the body never really has time to mount a defense.  theoretically the body could fight off HIV if it didn't hide where it did.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#27]
I am not a health care professional specializing in immunlogy, but I remember that we have 2 different kinds of polio vacines, the Salk and Sabin.  The Salk is killed virus given by a needle injection and the Sabin is a weakened virus given by mouth.  The Salk costs something like $10 per dose, and the Saban something like $.25, but the kicker is that Saban is a weakened virus some children actually end up with polio after given the vacine, which is very small, and doctors consider it an "acceptable risk."  I think now the recommendation is that for younger children(I forget what age, the first vaccination is the Salk, followed by the Saban).  BUT, anyways I wouldn't want to be the person that got the polio virus, and neither would I want the AIDS virus because of a vaccination.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#28]
There is  NO cure for ANY virus known to man!
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#29]
No one is going to tell me I must without recourse be shotup with some new HIV/Aids vaccine. I have never taken a flu shot for the same reason, I just don't trust it. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I've had the flu shot perhaps 7 times in my life and each time I never got the full flu, but a much milder version that went on about 4 times longer. For a healthy, young individual, maybe it would be better to get the full flu just to get it over with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top