Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2001 4:23:45 PM EDT
You guys are always gonnin off sayin "BRING MORE BEER!!!" and all that...

then...

I hear you guys doin off sayin "GUNS AND BEER DONT MIX!!!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you do to BULLETfest to shoot??? Why would you bring beer if "guns & beer" dont mix??

Looks like we got some hypocrits...

Just another observation from your friend,

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:

hypocrits...

OBVIOUS!!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking the the Ohio Bulletfest is much like TBRS in that everyone get together afterwards to sit around talk, eat, shoot the shit and....get this....drink BEERS. I doubt extensive consumption of alcohol during shooting is going to be tolerated by anyone there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am thinking the the Ohio Bulletfest is much like TBRS in that everyone get together afterwards to sit around talk, eat, shoot the shit and....get this....drink BEERS. I doubt extensive consumption of alcohol during shooting is going to be tolerated by anyone there.
View Quote

In a pervious thread, one of the members here stated that they went shooting in some gravel pit, and some guys there with beer... or something to that context...

i remember at least two guys commenting that "guns & beer dont mix no matter what*
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Please shut up before you make an even bigger ass of yourself.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Please shut up before you make an even bigger ass of yourself.
View Quote

Too late for that.. but thanks for trying!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there for about 5 hours. I didn't see any beer or liquor, just a lot of soda pop and bottled water. It was hot, real hot and humid. I'm guessing they were referring to the camp outs on Friday night and the socializing after the range was shut down. Don't sweat it Captain I haven't heard any news of anyone getting killed there yet. Next year hop on a plane and join us. It was a blast.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Considering the sun, heat and humidity, alcohol would have been the wrong thing to do.

In my six hours there I didn't see anybody imbibing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#10]
If it doesn't mix what's up with ATF?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Dont worry, I dont think any beer was spilled on any guns. Anyway unclebuck, correct me if I'm wrong...alchohol & firearms is a big no no here in Ohio...according to ORC?
View Quote

YES! You are correct sir! It's refered to as "using firearms while intoxicated" and it will get you in the county joint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If it doesn't mix what's up with ATF?
View Quote

...good one!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:09:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Captain O,
The booze is consumed off site at the camp ground after the shoot is over.  Now you can pull your panties out of the crack of your azz!  I was there today and last year also.  Although drinking is not my bag, others do enjoy getting sh!+ faced, and a campground is a perfect place for it.  Talked again this year to Ed Sr., this guy is really good people.  Everyone close to Ohio should plan on attending next years shoot.  No excuses!  The guys from  Wisconson drove 800 miles and didn't regret one foot of it. (of course, they haven't started the long trip back yet, either).
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 3:38:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:49:11 AM EDT
[#15]
capt...no worries mate!

i host this event, and SAFETY is my biggest concern. a shooter that is impaired by alcohol or drugs is NOT a safe shooter...and therefore would be asked to leave the firing line abd spectate.

thankfully, the good folks that show up to the bulletfest shoots happen to have fully functional brains.

yes, we tipped a few at the campgrounds...offsite by 15 miles or so. no drunk driving is permitted, either.

EVERYONE  looks out for EVERYONE else.

that insures maximum fun with minimum risk!

again, my thanks to all the folks that attended...120-130 shooters that made the hills of ohio sound like ww3! you folks are THE GREATEST!

Link Posted: 7/1/2001 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I was there at the shoot AND at the campsite the night before - and we were told in no uncertain terms by ANTIUSSA that ANY drinking 6 hours or less prior to the shoot (which meant any drinking after 3 am Sat. morn) was grounds for not being allowed to shoot.  They apparently did that to someone last year.  Everyone followed the rules, there was NO alcohol at the shoot, and Captain Obvious is obviously being either sarcastic, and asshole, or both.  You make the call.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Its "obvious" that someone is just bitter that they couldn't make to share in all of the safe and sober shooting that was going on. Maybe we should ask questions before we jump to conclusions that give "gun people" a bad name.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Campy, tell them about the "six hour rule" which is why the bottles went away at 3AM before the range opened a 9.
TF
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#21]
It is great to see you guys going by the rules. It only takes one out of 1000 of us to do something foolish to make all of us look bad.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Guns, Beer, and Camping... [b]I[/b] wish I was there! (Too bad I couldn't get any leave during that time)
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I was there almost 6 hours and saw no alcohol.

Next year when Campy announces the date for the shoot, in goes my vacation request form. Since I rarely drink, i will do the designated driver thing, for whatever reason's.
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I could make some joke about Captain Obvious' nick and his question, but.....

Did it ever occur to you that folks may have gone ... [i]off the range after the shoot was over[/i] and had a drink?

Please use some common sense...

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top