Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2001 2:42:41 PM EDT
I know it can't be justme but every time I find a good deal the site shuts down or a first time buyer buys the product.

I can accept the fact that the site has computer problems but I am pissed at these first time buyers always bidding more than me.

A first time buyer has never beat me out on a reserve auction just the ones that are the basic auctions. This happened to me twice today with the same seller. Both auctions ended in the last second with a higher bid from a new guy.

I am not as smart as Captain Obvious but I can put 2 and 2 together. I emailed the seller, and told him he was a dishonest prick. I now have a 2 new names on the auction site and will start paying outrageous prices for his auctions.

I think I might buy everything he has for sale.
Has anyone else had this happen or am I just a sore loser?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#1]
As someone who has sold shit online to pay my bills before, I can say you are an ass.
I have A BILLION FUCKING TIMES had "0" feedback bidders win auctions, and pay promptly.

You saying you are going to bid up his auctions and not pay could be fucking with his livelyhood, and that is total bullshit.
You have no proof that the bidders were shills...
To take action based on suck weak evidence is pathetic.

McUZI
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
AuctionArms has been liek that from teh first day.  Manny had discussion boards that people were go over the shill bidders, manny didn't like them talkinga bout his friends that way so he took the forums down.

I never go near AA anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
AuctionArms has been liek that from teh first day.  Manny had discussion boards that people were go over the shill bidders, manny didn't like them talkinga bout his friends that way so he took the forums down.

I never go near AA anymore.
View Quote

Translation please?????????

Ranger:  I don't understand why you are so upset.  That first time bidder has every right to bid and win as you do.  There are many people out there that haven't discovered places like Auction Arms, GunsAmerica, ebay, etc on the Internet yet.  Don't automatically assume that because the bidder has no feedback, that they are a shyster.  

It would be the same if we said, "Hey, you can't post here on AR-15.com.  You only have 58 posts."
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My evidence is this. I have tracked this guys auctions for a month  and never, not once has a first time buyer won one of his reserve auctions.

He posts feedback on the winners of his reserve auctions but never the basic no reserve auction winners, who have all been first time buyers. Why is that MCUZI? I will tell you why, because they don't exist.

How come none of the first time buyers have ever emailed me back when I have inquired about buying the merchandise from them?

Your a smart guy, you should be able to figure it out. I gotta go, I am about to pay $1,000.00 for a Glock mag.

Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the way it is with auction arms, dishonest owners and sellers. I learned my lesson with them a while back.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My evidence is this. I have tracked this guys auctions for a month  and never, not once has a first time buyer won one of his reserve auctions.

He posts feedback on the winners of his reserve auctions but never the basic no reserve auction winners, who have all been first time buyers. Why is that MCUZI? I will tell you why, because they don't exist.

How come none of the first time buyers have ever emailed me back when I have inquired about buying the merchandise from them?

Your a smart guy, you should be able to figure it out. I gotta go, I am about to pay $1,000.00 for a Glock mag.

View Quote

Hmmmm...The feedback thing adds a twist.
Maybe I jumped the gun a bit.
Seems to me you should simply not bid on the guys auctions anymore.

Once by chance, twice a lesson, three times a fool..

I just know what it's like to wait on $$$ from an auction; it's reciept depending on if I pay my rent or not. If he is a dishonest seller, don't bid.
Bidding again and again and every time you get the same dishonest practices, I don't understand why you keep going back.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay, I don't know about the feedback aspect of this, it sounds hokey.

But, there is software out there that aids you in bidding on online auctions. This software allows your computer to bid in the last few seconds of an auction automatically. No worrying about trying to outbid someone manually. It's like the proxy bidding, but will only bid at the last moment.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a flip flop on your deal. I bid on an item at that sight, he had a buy it now price, but I fucked around with it for a while, then met his buy it now price and won the item, sent the money and the fuck ripped me off and got nothing, auction arms said to bad so sad, I removed auction arms for my site list,PERMINENTLY!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not as smart as Captain Obvious but I can put 2 and 2 together.
View Quote

That's true, no one else is as smart as me!

HEHEHE, I have a fan club!!!! :)
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had it happen on Gunbroker... some brand new registrant outbids me on something... it happens.  

BUT, I also had the same situation where the SELLER listed the same item once again after it was supposedly sold.  I asked if it was the exact item as in the photo and was told yes... when I asked about the previous auction for the same item I never again got a response email.  

You can also check the sellers prior auctions and sometimes put together a pattern where the same bidder seems to only bid on his/her stuff... then it's pretty conclusive that a scam is running.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You can also check the sellers prior auctions and sometimes put together a pattern where the same bidder seems to only bid on his/her stuff... then it's pretty conclusive that a scam is running.
View Quote

That's the best thing to do.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:24:50 PM EDT
[#12]
How about this. You decide how much an item is worth. Bid that amount. Then don't look at the auction again. Wait for the email that says you won, if you don't get that email don't worry about it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I know where you're coming from.  

I've done a bit of selling on AuctionArms, eBay, and GunBroker.  As one of the honest sellers, it bugs the hell out of me to find that a lot of my competition has 3-4 shill accounts to bump shit up.

eBay isn't as much of a problem as it was, except that now the only folks with shill accounts are the ones that started them long ago.  (ie.  They have old histories under the true and under the shill account.)

GunBroker...  I rarely suspect it there.

AuctionArms...  Watch yer six.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Risk is part of the 'game'.  Been lucky so far....

But for anything big I do this:

Money order
Return card (so I know he/she got it)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top