Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2001 7:08:25 AM EDT
Been working on this thing for over three years now. went with Porche Guards Red. the paint is  being rubbed out right now, then buffed. sure is bright, but that is what I wanted, Bright Red
Sold many a Gun to get this far, can't wait till it's done so I can try to build up the collection again
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1633910&a=13223786&p=51144457&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet!!!! Got my sunglasses.[8D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#3]
55 chevy!!! [b]BE[/b]U-TI-[B]FUL[/B]!!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
YardDogOne,
The German name for that color is Indershrot, or India Red ...heeheheh...how do I know...
[img]http://www.pca-msr.org/barry2.jpg[/img]
lets just say I have been where you are at!

Did you shoot Glasurit? or Siekens?
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#6]
dnra,
The Glasurit, is considered to be the leading edge in the paint world. The primer is a 2 part acid epoxy system. Plus there is no clear coat to spray, and eventually yellow and crack. My wife's grandfather shot mine(he owns a shop)I bought the paint at his cost and it was over a grand just for the paint. Dupont is trying to domestically produce this system, but the Europeans are still ahead on them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do I have the sudden urge to order a double cheese burger, fries, and a cherry coke from a chick on roller skates?  Yep!  Gonna look really nice when you finish it, YardDogOne!  Yeah, got my shades on, too!    [8D]

BTW, watch out for Toad on his scooter.  He is known to be a bad driver!  

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont forget the gun turrets!!

hahahaha!

Just kidding, sweet ride, you will love it when its done.  I had a 72 cougar convertible with a 351 cleveland, 4 speed hurst shifter and lacking about $4000 in work to restore it perfect.  I sold the car, like a dumbass, keep that car it is awesome!  If you sell it you will regret it after all the hard work!

[beer]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I took the family to a local neighborhood car show today.  We saw all kinds of vehicles that were parked along a 6 block section of the city where the streets had been closed for the show.

Man!  I got inspired to get the '69 LeMans going again!  That car has lived in the driveway far too long!  Now, I got some great ideas...

My cousin didn't get his '68 Charger done in time for the show, though.  It'll be ready soon.

As for your '55, it looks REAL NICE! (I'm partial to '56's, 'cuz we're the same age...), a friend of mine had a '55 set up with the tilting hood action and ended up painting it---Porsche Guards Red.  Or, as he put it, "Fukking RED!".

It was GREAT to see all the different cars and good people out and about.  Now, if I can get my Wife to go to the Gun show.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
If the paint that was used is Glasurit and spraying was done in a BASF certified shop, sprayed by a BASF certified painter using all the correct undercoats. You will have a lifetime warranty on either the 55 LINE base/clear or the 22 LINE single stage systems.
BASF Glasurit EXCEPT NO IMITATIONS.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice.

I think I would have just left it in primer, added a tilt front-end, a 427, highrise, dual holleys, a four-speed, slicks, no back seats, rollbar,and gone cruising the country drag racing for money, until a guy in a 1970 GTO challenged me to a race to Washington DC.....oh nevermind----I'm starting to ramble.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks for all the positive comments guys, No I did'nt do the paint work myself. I finally talked the guy that painted my Chevelle into doing it, took me a year just to get him to say yes, but he is GOOD. He told me all the things he was going to do and use but it didnt sink in, the acid primer sounds familiar and the urethane primer, I'll ask him monday I did all the other work, from the total frame off restification. should be very fast and comfy. I'll list the goodies tomorrow, gotta get to bed now, big carshow/swapmeet in the morning
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top