Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2001 11:42:17 PM EDT
Slobodan Milosevic is now being held in the Hague for crimes against humanity. Some of his countrymen are protesting against his arrest. NATO has a hand in this situation. As I understand it he is going to be tried by a Tribunal for his alleged crimes. I am trying to sort out this good/bad guy senerio with NATO. If under any sercumstance a monster can be brought to justice then I would support such a police force.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am trying to sort out this good/bad guy senerio with NATO. If under any sercumstance a monster can be brought to justice then I would support such a police force.
View Quote

OK....so lemme see.
You support NATO, the single greatest threat to US Soviergnty, because they acted to help capture Slobo??

That's "The Ends Justify The Means" mindset.
Support NATO regardless of the threats they pose, because they sometimes do good deeds.
Well, [b]OF COURSE THEY DO GOOD DEEDS! IT'S CALLED PR!![/b]
The same reason the KKK adopts highways, Phillip Morris Tobacco donates to "Meals on Wheels", and so on...
If you do a good thing to use as an example to represent you, boneheads will ignore your motives, and all the other BS you are responsible for.
Nope. I'd rather see a free-roaming Slobo then a NATO force anywhere anytime.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

OK....so lemme see.
You support NATO, the single greatest threat to US Soviergnty, because they acted to help capture Slobo??

View Quote

Is your t-f-b on crooked? the UN is the "greatest threat to the US". When I've brought up the fact that the US participates in NATO operations so why shouldn't we participate in UN operation several people pointed out the 2 organizations are vastly different.

Remember beanie on straight UN=bad, NATO is ok. you of all people should knoe the differences, since you go by Kofi Annan sometimes. [;)]
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 1:48:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Whoa!
Brainfart...
I was indeed thinking UN....not NATO.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#4]
As an American, I feel the only further involvement in any of the Balkan states we should embark upon would be a tactical nuclear salvo (or we bomb China's embassy again). Other than that, I could give a rats a## about anything over there, especially milosovich. Let'em kill each other, they're not worth one U.S. citizens life.

O.K. not really, but I still think they're not worth us getting involved with. Just sick of all the Euros/Asians bashing the U.S. lately and I vented on this post, sorry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah finally they got that bastard. I know allot people who would like to pull a bullet threw his head. Some friends are from Croatia. I hope he will burn in hell. Hmm maybe I should go to Den Haag en do it myself :))

greetz

Psy
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember, in an earlier time, we sat by and watched another dictator and called ourselves Isolationist. We later paid very dearly for our ideals. We can't stick our heads in the sand and do nothing. When another one of these bastards rears his head we need to put him out of business. I ment UN and not NATO on earlier post.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2001 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
As I read about it I could'nt help but wondering, do you think it's really him? There in need of serious financial help (but then again so am I).
Link Posted: 7/1/2001 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The International Court Of Justice, the United Nations highest judicial tribunal, ruled on Wednesday that the United States judicial system is subserviant to the World Court, and that the World Courts rulings take precedence over United States court rulings.

This ruling is binding and not subject to appeal, however the World Court has no way to enforce compliance.

The rest of the world holds your judicial system in contempt.

Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top