Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2001 8:21:54 AM EDT
Politician - (n., or possibly derogatory adjective) - pol-i-ti-shun. Etymology- from the Greek, meaning "to make one puke."      1. Someone who finds out which direction the largest part of the crowd is heading, runs up in front of them, and declares himself their leader. Ex. John McCain.      2. A career leach, one who has not held a REAL job in the last ten years. Ex. John McCain     3. One who things civil gov't would collapse without them.  Ex. John McCain     4. One who would exploit their "war hero" status to advance themselves politically. Ex. John McCain.

I hadn't intended to make this a McCain bashing thread, but he does seem to be the consummate "politician" doesn't he???

The troubling part is that NOW, the Republicans seem to be learing the tricks that the Dems have mastered for so many years.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]Politics[/b] Pronunciation: 'pä-l&-"tiks
   From the Greek [i]polys[/i] meaning "many" and [i]ticks[/i] from the middle English [i]tyke[/i] meaning  bloodsucking arachnids that attach themselves to warm-blooded vertebrates to feed
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Out of the 535 members of congress their are only about 5 that I think are NOT blood sucking, self serving leaches.

200 years ago we had statesmen, now all we have are politicians...go figure!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
[spank]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top