Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2001 12:32:29 AM EDT
After looking at Imbrog|io's wonderful rendition of Kofi ANinja, I am impressed and shamed at my own previous attempts.  

I want to join the world of 'professional' mall ninja photo altering, so I can get all the womenz like Imbrog|io.

I downloaded the trial version of 6.0 and after screwing around for a couple hours and finally getting a satisfactory mall ninja photo, I realize I could not save the pic!!!

Anyway, I don't need anything fancy, just something better than the crappy MS Paint program I have been using.  I want something cheap, or even better yet, a free download!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:36:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Drop me an email.

I might [strike]be able to[/strike] can help.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 12:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Try Paint SHop pro.. I think yuou can get it at [url]www.jasc.com[/url]

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Heck..I downloaded the complete PaintShop Pro from [url]www.zdnet.com[/url] for a free 30 day trial.  When the 30 days are up I just reset my computers clock/date back another 30 days![:)]

currently I am in the year 2000,Oct 27

sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I use Arc Soft Photo Studio 2000, and it work well.

BTW, can I E-mail someone that can host pics  some funny pics I did on it for this site

Let me know on this thread,

Urban
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If you would consider Linux, Gimp is available for free. A little harder to use, but some greate features.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#6]
paint shop pro is great & real easy to use.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Gimp is available for Win9x and WinNT as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Corel PhotoPaint is a terrific program also. Ive used it exclusively for about 7 years now.(through several versions of course) I like it much more than Photoshop. You can get it as a stand alone for about $90 or as part of the CorelDraw Suite for $299-$500. You can also download the trial version for CorelDraw Suite 10 at the Corel website. its extremely large though. 270MB!!

www.corel.com
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you would consider Linux, Gimp is available for free. A little harder to use, but some greate features.
View Quote

Rusty, that is why I really do not think Linux will ever really catch on. It is too difficult for the average Joe to work with.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have Photoshop at work and Paint Shop Pro at home and frankly prefer Paint Shop Pro.
Also, the browse feature of PSP is great for perusing the collection of *ahem* "fine art". [:P]
I had an old version of Corel a while back and didn't care much for it.  Quite the memory hog, though I imagine that may have improved by now.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Ive never had any problems with corel being a memory hog, unless i just never noticed. I have a lot of memory anyhow (320MB) just because of my graphics work. I do a LOT of photo work and general DTP work. I may be partial to Corel because thats what i "grew up" on, but I had to use Photoshop at a former employers and absolutly hated it. Ended up doing all of my best work at home.

I do agree that PSP is a great program though. The browse feature is very handy. I too have the trial version that i play with once in a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top