BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 7:20:09 PM EDT

My Letter:

OK!
                    Here's the President's e-mail address:[email protected]

Here's what I wrote---
                    Mr. President,

It is an honor to be able to send you my thoughts via the internet. Thank you for taking the
                    time to hear from a Citizen.

Just tonight, I composed a message to you which I somehow lost by hitting the wrong
                    button...I hate it when that happens.
                    I managed to get another, shorter version sent when it became apparent that it did not
                    reach you. I now have that message
                    and hopefully it will reach you this time. Here, then, is what I wrote:

..somehow I either lost the message I was going to send or you got most of it. (Computers
                    don`t like having the wrong button pushed inadvertently)

Gist of the message was:

Please don`t make our gun laws more restrictive.
                    Gun owners are REALLY glad you made the Presidency.
                    Get the NRA Eddy Eagle program into all the school systems.
                    Don`t change the gunshow laws; Do "destigmatize" (a special word for ya!) the Good
                    Citizens
                    who are gun owners; Don`t restrict the so-called "high capacity" magazines (they are not
                    "clips"); Do prosecute the criminals.
                    I used to vote Democrat until I became interested in firearms.
                    I now vote Republican or not at all...
                    Gun owners suffered intolerably under Clinton. Please give us a break and crack down on
                    the
                    bad guys. Honestly, sir. If you only knew the emotional ride most of us suffered while not
                    knowing who would be in the White House, gun friendly or ?? Please give us rest from the
                    onslaught of the Anti-Gun crowd and help restore the Honor and Dignity of being an armed
                    and
                    free people.
                    It`s a new experience for me to write to my President. You have my utmost respect.
                    I hope to vote for you again next time.
                    Thank you for the opportunity to leave a message with you, Sir.

Most Sincerely,

[b][blue]Mr. BusMaster007[/blue][/b]
                    Citizen of the United States of America

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering the thousands of people who use AR15.com's Forums, think of the major impact a flood of letters to the President would have.  It simply could not be ignored.
I posted some responses to another thread regarding writing the President.  Now, it is a TOPIC of its own, and, I ask you folks to avail yourselves of the opportunity to use your First Amendment Right to Free Speech to voice your concerns to the Leader of the Free World.
Following are the responses I posted, and the letter and link to Mr. G.W. Bush, President of the United States of America.
Please write to the Prez and post your letters on theForum...
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
                    The link is [email protected]
                    I received the:[ autoresponse@whitehouse ]in my e-mail.
                    You will, too, IF you [b][blue]SPEAK UP AND BE HEARD![/blue][/b]

C'mon, Gentlemen.
                    Let's use our voices.
                    Make this count.

[b][red]"The Shot heard 'round the world"[/red][/b] continues with the Patriots on AR15.com

...uh, thank you very much.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, yeah, my other post was this:

You guys, whatever your political affiliation is, quit BITCHIN' and politely inform your President about
                    how you feel or what you'd like him to do!

The URL is posted---USE IT!

I did.

We're all here because we like guns. At least unite on that front and exercise your 1st Amendment right
                    to talk to your President.

Please and Thank you.

Whaddaya need to prompt you, insults?
It'd be sad to think that this Forum was made up of a bunch of whiney armchair bandidos without the cajones to back up their so-called bravado...
Will THAT do?
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry.
Must have gotten carried away with the passion.

It's a leftover of the frustration from the Klinton years.

Never mind...it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top