Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 4:04:46 PM EDT
'twas the the night before (i leave for) SCHUETZENFEST, and all through the house, not a mag she lay empty, twelve at last count. the M4 (gery) was cleaned, gently, with care, in hopes that to PA, soon i'd be there.

fattym4 was nestled in bed, while visions of .50 cals danced in his head. my rifle in safe, and i in my (tinfoil) cap, had just settled down for a long summer's nap.

when out of Carlisle, there rose such a clatter, townsfolk sprang up to see what's the matter; away to their trucks, they flew like a flash, loaded up guns, ammo for the bash.

the sun on the breast of new-watered grass, gave lustre of mid-day to barrels and brass. when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a Minime, SAW and all the right gear!

with a smile, nay a grin and then a quick shot, i knew in a moment it was PASPECOPS!! more rapid than eagles his shooters they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name;

now SHAGGY, now LIBERTYOF76, on GUS on 7 and DRAGRACERART! to the front of the range, what target is this? a lawnmower - how strange, now that, we can't miss!

as dry hay before me, that once caught my eye, the bullets were sailing, the brass, it did fly. so up to the BBQ grill they flew with coolers of soda, and LIL'SPECOPS too!

the stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth, was no match for gun-smoke, which rose like a wreath. he had a broad grin, and wore a tin hat, which carbine to fire, this one or that??

a wink of his eye, and quick sip of his Sprite, i heard him exclaim, as he rode out of sight: may all who travel, do so as light, have a happy SCHUETZENFEST all, and to all a good night!

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
That's pretty good.

Good luck with your 'fest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top