Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2001 9:13:57 AM EDT
It reads:

Thank You for contacting my office to express your concern for any additional gun control measures.

I recognize the necessity of responsible gun ownership and understand the concerns of reponsible gun owners with currant gun control legislation.   am a long time advocate of an individual's constitutional right to own firearm's for self-defense and recreational use.  I voted against the ill-conceived changes to the gun laws mandated by chapter 180 of the acts of 1998 because it created unduly cumbersome regulations on legitimate gun owners.

Thank you once again for contacting my office.  Please be assured that I will take your views into consideraation should any additional gun control measures come before the Senate.

With best wishes,

Sincerely,

Linda J. Melconian
Majority Leader

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:18:16 AM EDT
[#1]
no it's not normal, it's a disinformation tactic to appease you while they set up surveillance.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If what she says about supporting us is true I would say she is a prety good gal and on our side.
Check it out to be sure she is not blowing smoke up your ass about how she is voting on gun bills and if not drop her another Email thanking her. You might also include in it that there is no response needed. Speaking as someone that receives 20 to 40 Emails a day I appreciate people telling me I needn't answer them.;)
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Now, for fun.

Get one of your friends to write and express the need for additional gun control.

Use the statement, "It's for the children" somewhere in body of the letter.

Watch what you get back from that one...
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If what she says about supporting us is true I would say she is a prety good gal and on our side.
Check it out to be sure she is not blowing smoke up your ass about how she is voting on gun bills and if not drop her another Email thanking her. You might also include in it that there is no response needed. Speaking as someone that receives 20 to 40 Emails a day I appreciate people telling me I needn't answer them.;)
View Quote

The local gun shop owner had told me that she was pro gun.

Also, I mailed my letter and she mailed one back to me so it took a bit of time and effort on her part.  I didn't think she would read my email.

I was impressed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a pretty typical form letter reply.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
yeah, i get those too.  they agree with whatever it was i said, then keep voting the opposite.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, they're politicians, what can we expect, Honesty???
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Norm G:
Sounds like a pretty typical form letter reply.

Norm
View Quote
                                              Almost the same wording i got back from quinn in n.y.!..........[flag]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Could be someone from her staff anwsering the letters for her........
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I actually got a letter back from mine as well, even signed in ink. Was yours singed in ink as well?

I'm still a little skeptical though, I'm sure it was a form letter. Once again, I'll believe him when his voting record goes along with what he says.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I sent a vote in on vote.com and got a letter from that asshole Bill Nelson, Florida's Jackass Senator. I assumed it was a form letter designed for a specific legislation. I.E. A letter arrives opposing said legislation, said form letter is mailed out and vice-versa.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#14]
yep, I have a pile of them.  I use the GOA auto letter maker.  Super easy and fast.  Try it if you get the chance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top