Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/27/2001 8:57:52 PM EDT
Wednesday June 27 8:46 PM ET

Comedian Paula Poundstone Arrested

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Standup comedian Paula Poundstone was arrested Wednesday and charged with felony lewd acts upon a child and child endangerment, the district attorney's office said.

Poundstone, 41, was charged with three counts of committing a lewd act on a girl under the age of 14. She also was charged with endangering another girl and two boys, according to a statement by Deputy District Attorney Gina Satriano.

The comedian was arrested in Malibu by Santa Monica police and is being held on $200,000 bail.

Messages left for Poundstone's publicist, manager and an agent were not immediately returned Wednesday.

The brassy comic, known for her one-liners about politics and the human condition, has been a frequent guest on late-night talk shows over the years and is a regular panelist on the syndicated game show ``To Tell the Truth.''

The single mother of two daughters also starred in the ``Home Movies'' television show.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was Rosie but Poundstone will do.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
EEwww.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
For your middle class two parent homes, it is difficult to adopt kids. But for celebrities with big bankrolls, it seems like they let anything go.
Rosie, Paula, Mia & Calista are all allowed to adopt as many as possible w/o background checks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always heard that "you will reap what you sew"
Blackgun
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Wonder what the "lewd act" was?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Talk about a "Bush Master"  !

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Talk about a "Bush Master"
View Quote

This comment is the reason I will never own
one of their rifles[smoke]
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2001 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
More likley it was Bush Whacked by a Bush Whacker
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, that she's an anti doesn't surprise me because she fits all the other commie stereotypes.  But what are the specifics of her anti-ness?
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:32:34 PM EDT
[#11]
another good reason to keep the ruglickers and buttphuckers away from kids
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
another good reason to keep the ruglickers and buttphuckers away from kids
View Quote

TRIPLE AMEN!
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone want to leave mean messages in her guestbook?
[url]http://members.aol.com/PaulaPound[/url]
Just a sample of the liberal assmunches who still support her:

Heather A. Grantham ([email protected] / no homepage) wrote:

I've been searching in vain for a way to contact Ms. Poundstone. I am hoping against hope she may visit this site and see this note of support in what I believe must be one of the most trying times for her.
While I am not so foolish as to claim knowledge of her innocense, I do wish to convey to her that she is in my thoughts and if I were the praying sort, she would be in those as well.
I hope she can find the strength she will need to get through and, for what it is worth, offer her my best wishes.
Thank you,
Heather
Link Posted: 6/27/2001 11:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Atheist, lesbian, child abuser, and far-left liberal; she's probably worshipped in Hollywood.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#15]
left a message there. Lets flood the site.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I wonder if she is the teacher of the group represented by rosie o'dognuts. It is amazing how easy they can adopt, and some couples have to wait for years. Then we find out about the lesbian and faggot abuse the kids have to endure, and the bleeding left makes excuses for them. May they all rot in hell, and for her I hope that she sees the inside of prison, and ends up rolled over the bars every night with a visit from mr. broom.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:17:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I never did like that bitch.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:33:01 AM EDT
[#18]
I posted on her fan site [:)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:47:19 AM EDT
[#19]
heres something off the site from the bio section

---Foster Mother of 5

Has 8 Cats, 2+ rabbits

Poundstone spends about 45 weeks a year on the road

Spotlights the child-abuse problem and the shortage of foster homes for those children---

someone who takes care of 5 freaking kids should NOT be on the road 45 weeks a year, nice life for the kids eh ?
what a hypocrite bitch
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#20]
This may be the first time I've laughed at anything she's done.

Seriously though, I don't see how her personal problems have anything to do with her opinions on guns or why it's any concern of ours except as a curiosity.

Let's get back to picking on Rosie!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:08:40 AM EDT
[#21]
OMG, Go read the poem by McUZI.  Roflmao.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:45:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I guess she got tired of munching carpet and found herself some linoleum?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I remember she used to do a riff on the 'Do Not Disturb' signs you find in hotels. On the reverse, its written in Spanish as 'No Moleste'

She used to say that she put out the Spanish version saying that she pretty much preferred
'No Moleste' if it were left up to her.

Too bad she didn't 'No Moleste' the children!

Eric The(DriveCarefully&Don'tForgetToTipYourWaitress)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah!  Let's get a rope and string her up!

I cannot f*$&ing [b]BELIEVE[/b] you people!

You all shout that you support the Constitution without reservation, that the news media lies to us without hesitation, that the government and police cannot be trusted, and then when a news story comes out about someone [i]you don't like[/i], well, it's [b][u]obviously[/u][/b] completely true.

Unless you've forgotten, in America you're innocent until proven guilty [b]in a court of law[/b].  It's the job of the government to [b]prove[/b] you did what they say you did.  It's [b]not[/b] supposed to be your job to prove yourself innocent.

Did she do it?  [u]I DON'T KNOW[/U].  And neither do you.  Have people been falsely accused of sexual abuse of children?  You bet they have.  

How about we wait until it comes to trial before we tie her to a stake and set her on fire?  
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:30:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Its more fun bashing her.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#26]
That's a weak f&*$ing excuse.

So it's OK if [i]we[/i] bash [i]them[/i], but it's [b]not[/b] OK when [i]they[/i] bash [i]us[/i]?

Can anybody say "double standard"?

Either you support the system as it's set up, or you don't.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#27]
What KBaker said!!!and ARChoo too!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:41:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
How about we wait until it comes to trial before we tie her to a stake and set her on fire?  
View Quote

Hmmmmmmm.......

ummmmmmmmm.......

Naaaahhh, fuck it. STRING THE BITCH UP!!!!
[beer]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

That comment is why I own [B]THREE[/B] of their rifles [sex]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Even if she isn't guilty shes still:

1. A Liberal
2. A Dyke
3. Anti-gun
4. Pro-Rosie

and 5. A motherf%$#@!g Liberal

Hang her.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Well, it is good to know who really believes in the principles of the Founding Fathers and who doesn't.  

Kinda explains why the country is going to hell in a handbasket, doesn't it.  Even those who supposedly support the Constitution don't seem to have a problem with trashing part of it when it suits them.

Just remember - the f%&$ing liberals outnumber us.  And THEY think we live in a Democracy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You all shout that you support the Constitution without reservation, that the news media lies to us without hesitation, that the government and police cannot be trusted, and then when a news story comes out about someone [i]you don't like[/i], well, it's [b][u]obviously[/u][/b] completely true.
View Quote

Funny that.  I agree with you that we shouldn't be so quick to judge Miz. Poundstone.  On the other hand, some of us on the Right are so tired of having our values and our friends trashed on what seems a daily basis, that we are quick to find glee when the Left finally screws one of their own.  Call it "enjoying the torment of our tormentors" if you like.

Unless you've forgotten, in America you're innocent until proven guilty [b]in a court of law[/b].  
View Quote

Yeah, and OJ was found Not Guilty by a court of law because he was innocent.  Sorry, it doesn't work that way if you are wealthy.  BTW does anybody know who brought the "lewd" acts to the attention of the authorities in the first place?

It's the job of the government to [b]prove[/b] you did what they say you did.  It's [b]not[/b] supposed to be your job to prove yourself innocent.
View Quote

ibid.

Did she do it?  [u]I DON'T KNOW[/U].  And neither do you.  Have people been falsely accused of sexual abuse of children?  You bet they have.  
View Quote

I agree with you.  I think we'll find out the truth soon enough.

View Quote

A mob action is no fun if you have to wait.

I wager that the circumstantial evidence will be overwhelmingly against her, but she'll be found innocent of all charges.  That's just the way it works in Hollywood.

Michigander in Maryland
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:26:27 AM EDT
[#33]
The thing is the LAPD and the DA's Office has a long and rich history of harrassing homosexuals, especially those who work in Hollywood.  They love the media attention it brings.  They have been doing this since the 1920's.  Therefore these charges have to be taken with a grain of salt, no make that a whole salt lick.

The "lewd conduct" was probably nothing more than taking a bath togeather, or something else innocent.  But because Poundstone is a known lesbian and is only their mother by adoption she is vulnerable to this sort of attack, if she was the natural mother or married the sheeple would not beleve it, and half of the LAPD's case usually resides on making the public beleve that the suspect is guilty and force them to cop a plea.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Even if she isn't guilty shes still:

1. A Liberal
2. A Dyke
3. Anti-gun
4. Pro-Rosie

and 5. A motherf%$#@!g Liberal

Hang her.
ARChoo,
You got that right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[red]BURN IN HELL BITCH
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Post #92 is the poem.

Wonder if there were any monkeys involved.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree a bit with you for the following reason: the cops know she is a big Hollywood star with lots of money for good lawyers.  They probably have pretty good evidence against her because of this, possible photos of video.

Also, I hope all of you will hold her to the same standard that a man would be held to if a man was accused.  Remember, lots of liberal feminist lawyers and prosecutors (including Janet Reno) have put men innocent of molesting into prison on the theory that "all men are molestors".

GunLvr
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Hey ArmdLbrl,
What does the LAPD have to do with this?  It was Santa Monica PD that gathered the evidence and made the arrest.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#38]
MIerinMD wrote
Yeah, and OJ was found Not Guilty by a court of law because he was innocent. Sorry, it doesn't work that way if you are wealthy.
View Quote
Maybe so, but I followed the trial.  The defense did it's job - they created enough "reasonable doubt" based on the poor handling of the lab evidence, raising the police racism motive, and "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit".  That's how the system works (or doesn't).  Some of the guilty go free to ensure that as few of the innocent get convicted as possible.  

Of course, like every other aspect of government, the "justice" system has been corrupted over time as well.  As you point out, you get as much justice as you can afford.  If you're poor but innocent you run a much greater risk of being found guilty.

GunLvrPHD wrote
I disagree a bit with you for the following reason: the cops know she is a big Hollywood star with lots of money for good lawyers.  They probably have pretty good evidence against her because of this, possible photos of video.
View Quote
Great.  If they have the evidence then she'll end up in jail where she belongs.  After a trial.  
Also, I hope all of you will hold her to the same standard that a man would be held to if a man was accused.  Remember, lots of liberal feminist lawyers and prosecutors (including Janet Reno) have put men innocent of molesting into prison on the theory that "all men are molestors".
View Quote
 That's all I'm asking.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#39]
The defense did it's job - they created enough "reasonable doubt" based on the poor handling of the lab evidence, raising the police racism motive, and "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit".  That's how the system works (or doesn't).  Some of the guilty go free to ensure that as few of the innocent get convicted as possible.
View Quote

Somehow, I don't think that the victims of violent crime are consoled by that supposition. Justice not served is not justice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Well, it is good to know who really believes in the principles of the Founding Fathers and who doesn't.  

Kinda explains why the country is going to hell in a handbasket, doesn't it.  Even those who supposedly support the Constitution don't seem to have a problem with trashing part of it when it suits them.

Just remember - the f%&$ing liberals outnumber us.  And THEY think we live in a Democracy.
View Quote

Got a copy of the Constitution on my night stand, I read it from time to time.  I just don't recall the part that protects a person from ridicule by their fellow citizens.  Nor can I find the part about having a right to not have your enemies rejoice in your misfortune, earned or not.  Of course there could be a penumbra in there emanating something that I didn't pick up.  The actual text of the Constitution pretty much limits itself to specifying what the federal government is (how it is organized), what its limited powers are, and listing some specific areas that are off limits (a non-exhaustive list).

We may not be able to tell who supports the Constitution, but we can sure as heck tell who hasn't read it.

BTW.  In the Founding Fathers day they had the stocks.  I'm pretty sure they would see the value in enthusiastic ridicule.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#41]
I hear they have videos of some of the molestation.  Lets see if they get lost before the trial.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Unless you've forgotten, in America you're innocent until proven guilty [b]in a court of law[/b].  It's the job of the government to [b]prove[/b] you did what they say you did.  It's [b]not[/b] supposed to be your job to prove yourself innocent.

View Quote

Right On Kbaker, My blood was starting to boil while I was reading some of these peoples' ignorant and completely unwarranted assaults on the lady.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:09:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I have ABSOLUTE FAITH that this will be resolved as fairly and and in the same satistfactory manner as the Michael Jackson child molestation investigation/case.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#45]
PRESS RELEASE

Lewd or Lascivious Acts
Child Endangerment

June 28, 2001

On June 27, 2001, at 3:10 p.m., Santa Monica Police Department arrested Paula Poundstone at a location in Malibu, charging her with 288(a) Penal Code (lewd or lascivious acts) and 273(a) Penal Code (child endangerment).  Ms. Poundstone was booked at the Santa Monica Jail, her bail was set at $200,000.00.  This arrest was made after a lengthy investigation, which was conducted by the Santa Monica Police Department with the cooperation of the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

Ms. Poundstone posted bail and was released last night at 7:30 p.m.  She is due in Santa Monica Municipal Court, Department S, on July 27, 2001 at 8:30 a.m.

For further information contact the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office

For more information, please contact:
Lieutenant Frank Fabrega
(310) 458-8760

This page was last modified on 06/28/01
© 1998 City of Santa Monica.  All rights reserved.

[url]http://www.santamonicapd.org/Press_Info/PressRelease-20010628-Poundstone.htm[/url]

Edited 'cause KBaker noticed something I hadn't.
Thanks KBaker.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AR in the woods:
Anybody notice this little error?
Ms. Poundstone posted bail and was released last night at 7:30 p.m. She is due in Santa Monica Municipal Court, Department S, on July 27, 2001 at 8:30 a.m.
View Quote

She was released at 7:30pm on 6/27 and was told to appear in court at 8:30am on 6/27.  Huh?  Don't people proof read anymore?
View Quote

Uh, dude, that's the pot calling the kettle black.  Today is JUNE 27, not JULY 27.  OOPS!

BTW, Thanks, Elroy.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Got a copy of the Constitution on my night stand, I read it from time to time.  I just don't recall the part that protects a person from ridicule by their fellow citizens.  Nor can I find the part about having a right to not have your enemies rejoice in your misfortune, earned or not.  Of course there could be a penumbra in there emanating something that I didn't pick up.  The actual text of the Constitution pretty much limits itself to specifying what the federal government is (how it is organized), what its limited powers are, and listing some specific areas that are off limits (a non-exhaustive list).

We may not be able to tell who supports the Constitution, but we can sure as heck tell who hasn't read it.

BTW.  In the Founding Fathers day they had the stocks.  I'm pretty sure they would see the value in enthusiastic ridicule.
View Quote

Article VI.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
View Quote
Constitution of the United States

That's the part where you don't get to lynch people.  They get a trial.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm feeling a bit stupid now...

[%|]

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The defense did it's job - they created enough "reasonable doubt" based on the poor handling of the lab evidence, raising the police racism motive, and "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit".  That's how the system works (or doesn't).  Some of the guilty go free to ensure that as few of the innocent get convicted as possible.
View Quote

Somehow, I don't think that the victims of violent crime are consoled by that supposition. Justice not served is not justice.
View Quote

I'm sorry as hell about that, but the purpose of the "Justice System" isn't really about consoling the victims and never has been.  Justice is SUPPOSED to be about punishing the guilty without punishing the innocent.  Our system is set up with a significant bias against law-enforcement in order to provide maximum protection to the innocent.  Why?  Because the previous govermnent and every other example that our Founding Fathers looked at severely abused their "Justice Systems" to the detriment of the citizens.  That fact means that the guilty sometimes (perhaps often) get away with it.

Compared to the Japanese justice system (90+% conviction rates, but police with stormtrooper powers), I'll live with our mess.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Very seldom do I make generalizations about the board but I am very disturb at the hypocrisy of you guys. We all come together and bitch about injustice, and how the media creates a media feeding frenzy. I remember a few days ago every news agency reporting about the sniper in the crane.  Well as we found out no sniper or gun, just a crazy guy who took his own life, not very sensational after all. As the press now has to fight for it’s rating share and to be the network to brake the story, we find that the news is not always true. Before we hang this woman from the highest tree, tar and feather her and stick bamboo shoots under her nails, lets let a court find her guilty.

If it is true never mind about our joy in GETTING ONE OF THEM lets remember the tragic consequences to these children.
Craiger  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top