Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2005 3:32:43 AM EDT
Really with Cali, NY, DC and every other state making new laws. Each state has its own taxes own laws own views.

Are we still United? Or have we simply became States of America?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 3:36:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the US is pretty much dead.  

The sense of freedom is almost gone from the people.  People demand more and more security, and the thought of taking it upon themselves is non existant.  You can bet your ass as technology progresses, Gubmin't control over the people tightens.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Really with Cali, NY, DC and every other state making new laws. Each state has its own taxes own laws own views.

Um. Don't look now, but that is
how it is supposed to be. You
want a stong central
government?

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 3:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

want a stong central
government?

We are not united, Okay we should be different, but it is getting to the point of extreme any more.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:01:16 AM EDT
[#5]
the Feds are supposed to only get involved with interstate B.S. and international B.S.

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

want a stong central
government?

We are not united, Okay we should be different, but it is getting to the point of extreme any more.

Did you fail history?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
TheCynic nailed it.

The Feds are SUPPOSED to about defense, foreign policy and making it possible for States to function as a Whole.  Our government wasn't created to become "lord and master" over everything that everyone does.

The individual States were supposed to be where the true power of the Union resided.  That's been turned upside down and now the States are essentially RULED by Federal laws, policies and agencies.  Don't believe it?  Just watch a State try not going along with some Fed program and see how long it takes until the economic blackmail card is played.

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:04:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

want a stong central
government?

Did you fail history?

Never mind, and no I did fine in american history, not great but I think an A if I can recall. I will repost what I am trying to say when I get some sleep.

But this whole shit about blue and red states and so on. It's just freaking horrible.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
TheCynic nailed it.

The Feds are SUPPOSED to about defense, foreign policy and making it possible for States to function as a Whole.  Our government wasn't created to become "lord and master" over everything that everyone does.

The individual States were supposed to be where the true power of the Union resided.  That's been turned upside down and now the States are essentially RULED by Federal laws, policies and agencies.  Don't believe it?  Just watch a State try not going along with some Fed program and see how long it takes until the economic blackmail card is played.

Yes I agree on this, but I am talking about the people in general. Every one wants to screw every one else any more.  

ETA: People just seem to hate one another any longer. I mean if you live in a large city you can see this. Nobody has trust in one another.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:07:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

want a stong central
government?

You think this is extreme?

Think back 140 years or so...THAT was extreme.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

want a stong central
government?

You think this is extreme?

Think back 140 years or so...THAT was extreme.

SGatr15

And look what happened. Brothers fighting brothers, fathers fighting sons. It was a horrible thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:11:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And look what happened. Brothers fighting brothers, fathers fighting sons. It was a horrible thing.

Yeah, shit happens.

People get over it.

Well, at least the winners do.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:13:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TheCynic nailed it.

Yes I agree on this, but I am talking about the people in general. Every one wants to screw every one else any more.

Agreed.  We've become a bunch of whining pussies that have lost any concept of "personal responsiblity" ("Remember, it's ALWAYS someone elses fault... ALWAYS").  I hate what this Nation is becoming.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:14:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

want a stong central
government?

Did you fail history?

Never mind, and no I did fine in american history, not great but I think an A if I can recall. I will repost what I am trying to say when I get some sleep.

But this whole shit about blue and red states and so on. It's just freaking horrible.

It has always been that way

Election of 1800

Election of 1880
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Damn...the "white " party just keeps getting smaller and smaller.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:24:28 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm more angry at the Feds for the '68, '86, and '89 bans than I am about California having their own bans.  I'm from Alabama and it is my home.  California can do whatever it wants to and so can Alabama.  Unfortunately, because federal trumps state law, Alabama actually can't do whatever it wants.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:30:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I figure that it is the free
market taken to the next
logical step. States should
have to compete with each
other for citizens.

If enough people are pissed
off with the politics of a
state, they will move.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow

I can't believe there like 44% who voted doesn't exist.

I got one question for all the no voters. Name a better country.

Don't want to hear a bunch of BS like "Well Bronz I mean it's fallen a long way." That wasn't the question.

Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#19]
These United States of America ceased to exist after the Civil War.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top