Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2005 11:22:47 PM EDT
Nice to see that ALL of the problems in Texas have been dealt with and that you have time to deal with this pressing problem.

ASSHAT!

sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/n/a/2005/03/17/national/a151208S38.DTL

Lawmaker Seeks End to Vulgar Cheerleading

By APRIL CASTRO, Associated Press Writer

Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Friday night lights in Texas could soon be without bumpin' and grindin' cheerleaders. Legislation filed by Rep. Al Edwards, D-Houston, would put an end to "sexually suggestive" performances at athletic events and other extracurricular competitions.

"It's just too sexually oriented, you know, the way they're shaking their behinds and going on, breaking it down," said Edwards, a 26-year veteran of the Texas House. "And then we say to them, 'don't get involved in sex unless it's marriage or love, it's dangerous out there' and yet the teachers and directors are helping them go through those kind of gyrations."

Under Edwards' bill, if a school district knowingly permits such a performance, funds from the state would be reduced in an amount to be determined by the education commissioner.

Edwards said he filed the bill as a result of several instances of seeing such ribald performances in his district.

J.M. Farias, owner of Austin Cheer Factory, said cheerleading aficionados would welcome the law. Cheering competitions, he said, penalize for suggestive movements or any vulgarity.

"Any coaches that are good won't put that in their routines," he said. And, most girls cheering on Friday nights were trained by professionals who know better, he said.

"I don't think this law would really shake the industry at all. In fact, it would give parents a better feeling, mostly dads and boyfriends, too," Farias said.

Although cheerleaders must meet the same no-pass, no-play academic requirements of athletes, cheerleading is not a competition sanctioned by the University Interscholastic League, the governing body of Texas high school sports.

The UIL also does not have performance regulations for squads who cheer for their teams at state championships, said Athletic Coordinator Peter Contreras.

"I think it should have been cut out a long time ago," Edwards said. "It surely needs to be toned down."
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Translation: "I'm unable to control my own sexual deviancies, and I'd like society to remove all temptation - especially those teenage girls I saw at the foot ball game that turned me on and made me do things to myself"

When I rule the world, the first person to suggest curtailing human sexuality as a governmental responsibility gets his testicles cooked off with a blowtorch.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Dayum, ain't that some shit?  I bet he borrowed the tape to do more 'research' at home...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
But, but ,but what are we going to do in Hollywod about new movies?

CW
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
WHAT?! NO!

The cheerleaders are the ONLY reason I might attend a college sporting event! Yes, let's kill the only thing that even has me kind of tolerating a given university's athletics department.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#5]
<<SIGH>>
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
In order to make a well informed opinion, I need pictures![
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#7]
many i llove cheeeerleaders wow they are dirty liittle things!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
many i llove cheeeerleaders wow they are dirty liittle things!!!!!

and always will be!
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That lawmaker needs to be slapped, told why, then slapped again.

He might like it...feel ashamed...and ban that too!
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That lawmaker needs to be slapped, told why, then slapped again.

Just because of who he is!

In High School, the ENTIRE cheerleading squad got suspended from 2 games for the following cheer when we were ahead by about umpteen TDs:

Cigarette ashes!
Cigarette Butts!
We got your team by the nuts!

PULL-TEAM! PULL!
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:01:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Can't we ban vulgar "lawmakers" instead?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Wish in one hand, shit in the other. Tell me which one fills up first.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That would make up almost all of them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#15]
That's my point. Most, if not all, lawmakers are freakin' useless.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 1:20:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Next they will make sure my Granny is wearing a bra when she jumps up and yells "BINGO", at the local bingo parlor... Hell I don't know if she does or not and don't care...but that's the way laws seem to be going?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 2:36:53 AM EDT
[#18]
But if it saves the morality of even one cheerleader.......isn't it worth it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Damn government intrusion.  Next they'll ban the short cheerleader skirts I spent so much time in high school starring at.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:48:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Fag
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#21]
BAN THE POLITICIANS

its for the cheerleaders
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:51:37 AM EDT
[#22]
I vote for Cheerleader (NCAA or NFL) lap dances.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:53:44 AM EDT
[#23]
"Gyrations?" Ban that Elvis guy too you old fag!

Good Lord...
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:00:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Give me an F ... F!
Give me a U ... U!
Give me a C ... C!

... you get the idea.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Next they will make sure my Granny is wearing a bra when she jumps up and yells "BINGO", at the local bingo parlor

Actually...when you think about it....and picture it in your mind....banning that might not be a bad idea.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#27]
 sad

"It's just too sexually oriented, you know, the way they're shaking their behinds and going on, breaking it down," said Edwards, a 26-year veteran of the Texas House. "And then we say to them, 'don't get involved in sex unless it's marriage or love, it's dangerous out there' and yet the teachers and directors are helping them go through those kind of gyrations."

“Breaking it down?”.  Is Rep. Edwards of the African persuasion?  

It's happened before when I lived in Fort Lauderdale.  The politician making the biggest stink about sex is usually the guy who gets caught with the hooker in his car/hotel room.

I say - Don't mess with Texas H.S. football and I'm from Florida.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#28]
What an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#29]

He must have gotten served...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top