Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2005 6:02:49 PM EDT
What is it called when you get saline solution under your skin causing it to bubble and bruise? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I stump AR15.com???
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Infiltration?  Benign with saline but can be serious with certain drugs.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Normal saline will not cause bubbling and bruising.  Its usually a vein that blows and will give you bad effects.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:45:45 PM EDT
[#4]
a cesection
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you referring to the common blister ?  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#6]
is that it. My friend is sitting here saying that it is a hema.... somthing. He cant think of the word.

He said he got it today when he sold his plasma. I dont know if it was saline, but he said it is some clear fluid that they put in they are done putting your blood back in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#7]
HEMATOMA, its a collection of blood in tissue or whatever. Not saline.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
is that it. My friend is sitting here saying that it is a hema.... somthing. He cant think of the word.

He said he got it today when he sold his plasma. I dont know if it was saline, but he said it is some clear fluid that they put in they are done putting your blood back in.

hematoma -  A localized swelling filled with blood resulting from a break in a blood vessel.

Has nothing in particular to do with saline. They probably blew the IV causing the hematoma...
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

It sounds like he just blew a vein.  Hematoma.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
HEMATOMA, its a collection of blood in tissue or whatever. Not saline.

Ding Ding Ding. He said that was what they called it. Sweet. You know how frustrating it can be when you cant quite think of a word.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Festering pustule

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top